Okay, okay. Maybe monsters and insanity manifest aren't so sexy in a grander scheme of all *things* cosmic; nebulous observers from unimaginable realms eyeing us with indifferent curiosity being what they are, or aren't, to our tiny grasp on the seemingly tangible, yet fragile, existence upon which we lay...
Huh? Oh, yeah right... Lust From Beyond
from Movie Games Lunarium
has a new update that deals with the game's sanity, and more.
Don't know what Lust From beyond is? Well, here's our full review
written after application of the below updates. By the way, here's a note we found in our antique shop detailing those changes:
A Victorian mansion. A cult worshipping an otherworldly erotic deity. Among all that - you. Explore a world inspired by the works of Lovecraft, Giger, and Beksiński. See for yourself that there are no limits to dark ecstasy.
For those of you already in the sheets with this unique game, here's a list of the most recent changes in the long weekend's update:
NEW INSANITY SYSTEM
- Controls DO NOT get reverted when your sanity drops to zero.
- Huh? What was that?! Low sanity makes you hear creeeepy noises.
- Is this real life? Or is this a fantasy? Zero sanity makes you see the
- Changed spectres even in the real world!
- Zero sanity spawns Insanity Clusters. Better avoid looking at them, or you could do something you’d regret.
- Fix: changing key bindings now unbinds previously used keys.
- Fix: equipment, end slates and character stats now display correctly on widescreen monitors.
- Fix: stuck points don’t make you stuck anymore.
- Fix: you can’t get two ritual knives anymore. Sorry!
- Fix: jumping on concrete floor barefoot not makes a proper *plaf* noise. We also fixed it for jumping on steel bars.
- Music mix was improved.
- Corrupted Enthralled now sport a brand new skin.
- Victor’s mutations now have new textures.
- AI now acts smarter in the hotel, Bleakmoor, on the roofs, in the theatre, and in the theatre underground.
- Portal tentacles are now much more wiggly-waggly.
- Unmasked Amanda’s hair now looks better.
- Payphone textures in Bleakmoor and the hotel have been improved.
- There’s a new drawing in the drawer in the mansion attic.
- Collision problems, disappearing and overlapping objects are no more.
- Jonathan’s eyes are now more organic.
- The Chamber of Change textures are now prettier.
- Improved and added a bunch of sound effects.
- Best Streamer Parrot will brighten your day in the antique shop.
- Chapter One Amanda’s scar is now more... scarry.
- New textures on bathroom models in Chapter Two.
- Added bloodstains on the cross in the theater.
- Loading a save in Chapter Five no longer spawns the enemies from the previous run.
- You can hear Vorh’ns behind the wall in Chapter Six.
- What’s this? Bandages on the scene in the theatre, in Chapter Six?
- Fix: the Shackleys’ body in Chapter Seven now displays properly.
- Bobby’s medicine from Chapter Seven now has a brand new texture.
- Fix: Chapter Eight now doesn’t have strange time travel issues with recurring events from previous playthroughs.
- Fix: the Russian version now has the translated version of the note in the Shackley twins’ room in Chapter Nine.
- Fix: translation fix for the Amanda dialogue in Chapter Nine.
- Fix: Amanda’s face doesn’t act weird anymore in Chapter Nine.
- Added sound for Shackley twins reaching for the key in Chapter Nine.
- Added a chess trophy in the Hall of Whispers.
- Added guts on the table as well as boards in the theatre underground.
- Fixed the model of the thing that Danny takes care of in Chapter Ten.
- Fix: Danny climbing the table in Chapter Ten.
- Removed the sanity and life depletion at the end of Chapter Ten.
- Added Tim’s special something for the moment when he’s not present in the cell in Chapter Ten.
- We added a new VO for when the surprise cultist from Chapter Ten is taking damage and dying.
- New texture for the blood-covered cultist in Chapter Eleven.
- Victor now has a new voice-over for when he does what he does with Rhea in
- Chapter Eleven.
- Fix: when Tim is kneeling in Chapter Eleven, he’s no longer spinning, even if this is a good trick.
- Fix: Austerlitz’s hat in Chapter Eleven doesn’t disappear anymore.
- Fix: fixed Austerlitz’s speech after Big Tim’s you-know-what after you load a checkpoint.
- Added a healing platform in Lusst’ghaa in Chapter Eleven.
- Fix: the possibility to leave the dining room naked in Chapter Twelve.
- Removed the renewal of sanity and health before you speak with a certain character in Lusst’ghaa in Chapter Thirteen.
- Added new Lusst’ghaa environmental sounds in Chapter Fourteen.
- You are now able to pick up a medkit before reaching the mission goal in Chapter Fourteen.
- Added blood to the dress of certain someone when he or she is wounded, and reduced the amount of blood on the bandage.
- Added Lusst’ghaa environmental sounds before you start Chapter Fifteen.
- Added sounds to the animation of Victor attacking a certain person after exiting the portal.
- Added body collision to a certain person in Chapter Fifteen.
- Added blood in the bathtub with a dead cultist in Chapter Fifteen.
- In Chapter Fifteen, additional sounds during the death scene of… we won’t tell you who dies, obviously!
- Added portal opening sounds for when _someone_ opens it in Chapter Fifteen.
- Added a fittingly discouraging sound of a broken healing point in Chapter Fifteen.
- Fixed the Japanese translation of one of the dialogues in Chapter Fifteen.
- Fix: the teeth of the dead body from the epilogue don’t hover in the air anymore, for better or worse.
If you're of the mature age type and not so easily flinched, this is definitely a title to try, at least once. It might not be your bag but at least you can say you didn't coast gamer-life as a prude.