Monster Hunter Rise is set to arrive exclusively on Nintendo Switch in March. Here’s why veteran Hunters should be excited...
Monster Hunter Rise Has Everything a Monster Hunter Needs
We take on the latest content for Rainbow Six Siege to give you a post-action report on what we found out in the field...
The Winners and Losers of Rainbow Six Siege Year 6
Shadowlands is set to get its first major content drop, we chat to Blizzard about what's in store and telling stories in the afterlife.
World of Warcraft Shadowlands Unleash the Chains of Domination
Microsoft Flight Simulator Interview - The Past, Present, and Future
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
7855 posts
We sit down with Jorg Neuman, Head of Microsoft Flight Simulator, to talk about the game’s development, launch, Xbox Series X release, and what’s in store for the future. Also, a shared appreciation for Pilotwings 64.

When Microsoft announced that there was a new Microsoft Flight Simulator game coming in 2020, many were left stunned. Not only by the fact that one of the longest franchises in the industry was making a return -- the series hadn’t seen an official release in over a decade at that point -- but specifically, that announcement trailer. It delivered exactly what a flight simulator could look like in the modern era -- beautiful, breathtaking, cutting edge.

Flight sim’s return would see it land with its cargo hold full of high-end visual effects, real-world data, satellite imagery, photogrammetry, and all manner of tech wizardry.

“I’ve told this story a few times, but the first time I showed the game internally at Microsoft to Phil [Spencer] and the Xbox team they didn't recognise that it was a game at all,” Jorg Neuman, Head of Microsoft Flight Simulator tells me. “They thought I was showing them a video. That was the first indication, where we felt that we had transcended something. In the many meetings I had with Phil after that, he said time and again, ‘Man, it just doesn't look like a game’.”

Our Full Microsoft Flight Simulator Deep Dive Interview
05:39pm 02/02/21 Permalink
system
Internet
--
system
Internet
--
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page