With the release of the latest expansion for Blizzard’s Hearthstone we sit down with the development team to learn about its development.
Hearthstone Interview - Inside the Halls of Scholomance Academy
With Sony and Guerrilla Games’ Horizon Zero Dawn hitting CPUs and GPUs, Kosta finally steps into the post-apocalyptic shoes of heroine Aloy to slay some robo-dinos.
Horizon Zero Dawn is the Best Game I Haven’t Played
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 is one of the most talked about gaming laptops of the year for good reason - it packs the AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS mobile CPU in a tiny package.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 Review
The World Game is back, natch, so we go through all the big changes coming in EA’s FIFA 21.
FIFA 21 Preview - Inside the Big Gameplay Changes Coming
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Interview - Blizzard on Covenants and...
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
7200 posts
Yesterday we brought you Part One of our deep dive into World of Warcraft: Shadowlands where we discussed the new player experience and bringing it all back to 60-levels of progression. Here in Part Two we discuss Covenants, what the mean to the endgame, and how the sandbox that is the Maw was designed to test even the most hardened players.

“There's one story arc that takes you through all four of the Covenants,” John Hight, Executive Producer on World of Warcraft, explains. We’re talking about the groups overseeing the afterlife and their role in the afterlife of World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, Covenants. An afterlife where after the main story reaches its climax, players will be asked to select a Covenant to align with. Well, not so much ask - this decision will major one and play straight into the endgame, Covenant-specific progression, and beyond.

“As you're levelling up through Shadowlands you will be exposed to and meeting all the major characters in each of the Covenants,” John explains. “That gives a good sense of the flavour, the culture of each Covenant, and we're hoping that people will make their choices based on what feels right to them. There's an R in RPG, and we want that decision to be a representation of who you are or who you want to be. With that we've tried to give a lot of flavour to the four different Covenants.”

For John and the rest of the WoW team at Blizzard, it’s their goal to make this decision as painstaking or seamless as choosing your character’s class.

Part Two of Our World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Interview
04:25pm 21/07/20 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:25pm 21/07/20 Permalink
Scorn
3 posts
Thanks for the interview, was a good read. I haven't pre-purchased but every chance I'll end up getting it - I've always had fun jumping into a new expansion even though I mostly play it solo.
11:49am 23/07/20 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:49am 23/07/20 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.