With the release of the latest expansion for Blizzard’s Hearthstone we sit down with the development team to learn about its development.
Hearthstone Interview - Inside the Halls of Scholomance Academy
With Sony and Guerrilla Games’ Horizon Zero Dawn hitting CPUs and GPUs, Kosta finally steps into the post-apocalyptic shoes of heroine Aloy to slay some robo-dinos.
Horizon Zero Dawn is the Best Game I Haven’t Played
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 is one of the most talked about gaming laptops of the year for good reason - it packs the AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS mobile CPU in a tiny package.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 Review
The World Game is back, natch, so we go through all the big changes coming in EA’s FIFA 21.
FIFA 21 Preview - Inside the Big Gameplay Changes Coming
HTC Vive Cosmos Review - Top-Notch VR Resolution at a Premium Price
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
7108 posts
VR has been that tech that hasn't quite hit the mainstream but has been improving steadily over the years. In 2020 we've had some important and notable VR titles crop up including Half-Life: Alyx, Phantom: Covert Ops, and the upcoming Iron Man VR for PSVR. And with 2020 being, well, 2020 the idea of being able to escape reality to a wondrous digital landscape of possibility -- VR might just be the ticket.

Which Nathan Lawrence found out with his review of the high-end HTC Vive Cosmos - which offers some notable innovations that help make VR gaming better than ever.
When I unboxed the HTC Vive Cosmos to take it for a spin, I was particularly impressed with how easy it was to set up. Despite a mess of cables, an easy-to-follow setup installer had me up and running in no time, holding my hand through all the relevant steps in a process that was less painful than going through the rigmarole of connecting a PlayStation VR headset. Mercifully, the headset connects to a small hub with a single lengthy cable, meaning the actual headset component can be easily detached and stored, with everything else essential for play tucked away behind a screen ready to use at a later date.

VR these days seems to be mostly held back by barriers of entry: not only the initial cost of a rig powerful enough to play, but setup considerations that include play-space and a tendency to need to place sensors for true virtual movement.

The Vive Cosmos does away with those latter barriers by way of inside-out tracking, which works with impressive accuracy, even when you’re sitting or standing in a confined space. Confined space, at least in VR terms, is exactly how I’d describe my desktop area, which is like the chode of setups: more generous in terms of longitude than latitude.

Click Here For Our Full HTC Vive Cosmos Review
04:23pm 01/07/20 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:23pm 01/07/20 Permalink
Darkhawk
Melbourne, Victoria
215 posts
LOL, "chode"!
07:37pm 02/07/20 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12445 posts
When the HTC Cosmos released it was universally panned. I'm guessing they've been working hard with software updates...but pretty sure the damage has been done to the HTC Cosmos brand. The Cosmos Elite is apparently awesome, but way over priced.
02:15pm 03/07/20 Permalink
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
7126 posts
Oh for sure, probably why review units were offered for testing now
02:46pm 03/07/20 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
3048 posts
Step 1 - Win Lotto and buy a HTC Cosmos elite
Step 2 - ???
Step 3 - VR titties