We've got a Sensei Ten Neon Rider Gaming Mouse and a Neon Rider QcK L Mousepad up for grabs!
SteelSeries Neon Rider Give Away!
The World Game is back, natch, so we go through all the big changes coming in EA’s FIFA 21.
FIFA 21 Preview - Inside the Big Gameplay Changes Coming
Grounded is a lot of fun - but like any backyard being put forth to the producers of Backyard Blitz, it needs some work.
Grounded - Early Access Impressions
Where the BenQ EW3280U immediately impresses is with its colour accuracy and vibrance, making it perfect for firing up 4K content.
BenQ EW3280U 32" 4K HDR Display Review
Skater XL is Console and PC-Bound this July
Steve Farrelly
AusGamers Editor
Sydney, New South Wales
8528 posts
And given we've been starved of a *good* Tony Hawk's Pro Skater in a long time, or a new entry in EA's celebrated skate. series, this news couldn't be any better. It's also a game that wholly embraces skating culture from lines to brands and beyond. Finally, while we're in #iso, we can at least look to kickflipping from the comfort of the couch, again.

Here's the skinny from the powers that be:
Easy Day Studios announced today that Skater XL, a game that delivers unparalleled access to skateboarding culture, will be launching on 7th July on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at Australian retailers.

Easy Day Studios also announced that Skater XL will feature apparel, footwear, decks, wheels and more from top skate brands, including:
  • New Balance – Numeric Shoes and Apparel
  • Etnies – Footwear and Apparel
  • DC Shoes – Footwear and Apparel
  • Santa Cruz Skateboards – Decks
  • Vans – Shoes
  • Primitive – Decks and Apparel
  • Element – Decks and Apparel
  • Independent Truck Co. – Trucks and Apparel
  • Venture – Trucks
  • Thunder – Trucks
  • Spitfire – Wheels
  • Lakai – Footwear and Apparel
  • ẻS – Footwear and Apparel
  • Emerica – Footwear and Apparel
  • Grimple Stix – Decks
  • Sk8Mafia – Decks and Apparel
  • SOVRN – Decks and Apparel
  • Ricta – Wheels
  • Mob Grip – Grip tape
  • Bones – Wheels and Apparel
  • Crupie – Wheels
  • Grizzly – Grip tape and Apparel
  • D***ies – Apparel
  • Old Friends – Apparel
  • Transworld Skateboarding – Apparel
  • 411VM – Apparel
  • The Nine Club – Apparel
Skater XL is the first skateboarding game to come to all major platforms in more than 10 years and offers complete physics-based gameplay with total freedom of control and expression. Play as skating icons Tiago Lemos, Evan Smith, Tom Asta or Brandon Westgate on your way to becoming a skateboarding pro or build your own character with unique characteristics and authentic gear from top skateboarding brands.
As old skater alumni and somewhat of an expert at skateboarding games, I absolutely cannot wait for this to drop.

Check out the announce trailer embedded below.

06:04pm 06/05/20 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:04pm 06/05/20 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39979 posts
oh good they have all the favourite sorts of clothes I like dressing up my virtual dolls in
06:55pm 06/05/20 Permalink
Steve Farrelly
AusGamers Editor
Sydney, New South Wales
8529 posts
To be fair, the additions have come off the back of the base game success and, specifically, skater peeps are a brand-loyal lot, so it helps in legitimising
09:15pm 06/05/20 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39980 posts
oh yeh I get that the authenticity is important (it'd be like having a FIFA game with made up players - what's the point?!!?! )

I just like cheekily pointing it out to (especially male) gamers to see if they can acknowledge what is going on here :D

I also fully acknowledge I am the weirdo in this scenario. I have always been the odd one out (even going back to Quake days where people gave me s*** because I didn't put funny coloured characters in my in-game name). The cosmetics of a game have really just not something I've ever been interested in!
08:21am 07/05/20 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
12345 posts
This looks really good, really authentic. In the trailer the tricks look very realistic and the sound is spot on. It's funny how the board is sort of attached to the bottom of the player model, but that is the case with every skateboarding game that I can remember.
12:26pm 07/05/20 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:26pm 07/05/20 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.