A less is more approach amplified by a wonderful score and an immersive cinematic approach.
Stela Review - A Moving Work of Pure Art
If DOOM 2016 was the proof of concept, DOOM Eternal is the masterwork. A single chord or musical phrase expanded into an all-encompassing symphony of cartoon hyperviolence.
DOOM Eternal Review - id Software Delivers its Masterpiece
Ray-tracing is set to become a major element in the future videogame graphics. So we’ve decided to rank all the current traced rays out there.
RTX On - Ranking Real-Time Raytracing in Games
As Hearthstone heads into the Year of the Phoenix, it’s introducing the first new class since the game launched. The game-changing Demon Hunter.
Inside Hearthstone’s New Game Changing Demon Hunter Class
COVID-19 Social Distancing Gaming
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39890 posts
Per medical advice and general purpose common sense, I am going hermit mode and trying to find things to do at home to entertain myself.

Fortunately being something of a gamer, and one that has done nothing but rack up thousands of hours of Dota 2 in the last few years, I have plenty of new stuff to sink my teeth into.

So I have recently dusted off CS: GO to play a bit with my brother and some other mates, to try something different to Dota for a change. Also gave Danger Zone a bit of a go; it's my first time playing any of those "battle royale" style games - pretty fun but also very frustrating. It feels like Danger Zone in particular just doesn't have many people playing it - we tried twice to get into a game yesterday (a Saturday!!) and gave up after waiting 8 minutes to get into a game.

I've also picked up the 2016 Doom after fpot mentioned it was on sale, been meaning to play through that, so I think that's what I'm doing for Sunday.

I thought it might be interesting to try to organise some games of older games if we can get enough people together to try to play them. Playing CS has made me long for the days of the other far superior games I enjoyed playing more - especially Enemy Territory, but also Urban Terror. Has anyone kept up with those older games & know if they're still playable?
09:13am 15/03/20 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:13am 15/03/20 Permalink
deeper
Brisbane, Queensland
4316 posts
I'm currently playing:
- Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Warlords of New York Expansion
- Overwatch

To keep the response on topic though, an old game I've been wanting to have a go at again (especially if lanning) is Serious Sam.
12:32pm 15/03/20 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
41435 posts
2016 doom is flipping awesome.

watched my eldest smash it on ps4, been itching to get it on pc.

mite get the new one on pc as a special treat.
03:55pm 15/03/20 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12419 posts
COVID-19, the survivors will be c***roaches and gamers!
07:17pm 15/03/20 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
12343 posts
I'm just playing StarCraft Remastered. I still love that game so much. Been watching eSports casts of it and am still learning new things. It's tough on Ladder.
10:24pm 15/03/20 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39891 posts
2016 doom is flipping awesome.

watched my eldest smash it on ps4, been itching to get it on pc.

mite get the new one on pc as a special treat.
yes I am thoroughly enjoying it. I can't believe how great the graphics are for a game that came out in 2016. I am soooo behind the times for gaming.
09:47am 16/03/20 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
3030 posts

People are forced to stay inside for longer than normal periods?? I do that for fun.

Not a lot happening with me at the moment. I am getting back into scale modeling. Got cheap Tamiya tanks and paint. Playing War Thunder right now as I type this. Also been playing VR often now. Playing Hotdogs, Horseshoes and Handgrenades and GunClub VR. Going to play Boiling Steel which has good reviews, soon.

So I was thinking of getting a new monitor, I got an ok Asus 24" monitor right now, Looking at getting this..

https://www.computeralliance.com.au/27-viewsonic-vx2758-2kp-mhd-2k-144hz-ips-monitor-with-speakers

Its not out yet. I wanted something better than 1080p and larger than 24". This monitor fits the bill perfectly.

04:20pm 17/03/20 Permalink
Trin
Brisbane, Queensland
3018 posts
All i can say is, blbk
08:17pm 17/03/20 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39892 posts
09:16am 18/03/20 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
41436 posts
oh s*** qwent!!!

i dont want to go down that rabbithole again!
10:07am 18/03/20 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
26951 posts
Also if you want heaps of games including AAA titles grab Humble Choice - https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription

It unlocks access to the Humble Trove which is 90+ games you can download and play DRM free.
10:31am 18/03/20 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39897 posts
Goat of Duty now free on Steam:
Goat of Duty is a fast-paced and intense multiplayer first-person shooter, and that´s pretty much all you need to know. No nonsense: no need to master a convoluted metagame, learn different characters, combine skills, strategic team play... just devilish combat arenas,
powerful weapons, and fast-paced action. Well, and lots of silly humor, crazy goatstumes (skins), and goat mechanics for you to troll your friends to your heart´s content!
10:01am 19/03/20 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
26953 posts
I've posted about this one before, but Prey for 10 bucks is a great buy.
01:06pm 19/03/20 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
24615 posts
Battlefield V
03:37pm 19/03/20 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39901 posts
Watch Dogs and Stanley Parable free now on EGS

edit: why did I think Watch Dogs was set in London? Is there some other Watch Dogs-esque game set in London that I'm confusing it with?
01:32pm 20/03/20 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
26956 posts
The new one will be set there. Watch Dogs was a Bad Game so beware of that even if playing for free. Stanley Parable on the other hand was utterly amazing. Here's a video. It's one of the most unobtainable endings in the game but spoiler alert just in case -

02:21pm 20/03/20 Permalink
ShamefulManny
9 posts
why did I think Watch Dogs was set in London? Is there some other Watch Dogs-esque game set in London that I'm confusing it with?

Isn't the next watch dogs (legion?) set in london?
02:49pm 20/03/20 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39902 posts
ahh that's prolly what I'm thinking of ta
03:20pm 20/03/20 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
3032 posts
I messaged ViewSonic on twitter about their supply chain getting disrupted in related to the monitor I want and they said this.

https://i.imgur.com/YrPHdxA.jpg
08:29pm 20/03/20 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39904 posts
Tomb Raider now free on Steam.

Ditto Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris.

Also Drawful 2.

edit: also Deiland and Mable the Wood (GoG).
09:26am 21/03/20 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39912 posts
Finished 2016 Doom and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was really impressed with how much of the old Doom spirit it captured. I felt like some of the fights were a bit too focused on the orchestration - running around and blasting at the same monsters over and over again slowly eroding their health - instead of just wading through hordes and hordes of them and racking up huge body counts. I suspect that was more technical than anything else. But it was still really fun.

And the story and setting and everything was fantastic. It felt like the game id would have made back in '93 if they'd had the tech. Just captured the spirit of an invading demonic horde perfectly.

Super keen for Doom Eternal now as it sounds like it's more of the same but on steroids. Looking forward to the first sale.

Now installing Tomb Raider!
09:39am 24/03/20 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
3034 posts
I still have not finished Doom 2016, I should though.

Also, Bethesda released the game initially with an unprotected exe file in the game directory lol. So, no need for a crack. They quicky patched it. So looks like I'll be trying out doom eternal after i finish the previous one.
03:40pm 24/03/20 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39915 posts
Child of Light free on Ubisoft's Uplay. I am reluctant to install Ubi games ever since their DRM destroyed one of my PCs though.
10:30am 25/03/20 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
41439 posts
watching eldest play doom eternal atm, looks f*****g wicked.
10:50am 25/03/20 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39916 posts
Was dusting off L4D2 to play it with my brother, but after he finished downloading and installing it, it told him that it no longer works on Macs since a few months ago the latest Mac OS X stopped allowing 32 bit apps to work. So all those old 32 bit only games are just flat out incompatible now. Volvo!
10:46am 26/03/20 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
41440 posts
mac :(
11:18am 26/03/20 Permalink
MrWolf
Gold Coast, Queensland
269 posts
World War Z up for free on Epic store for your co-op zombie slaying pleasure.
06:21pm 27/03/20 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:21pm 27/03/20 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.