We've taken LIFX lighting through the gaming and entertainment ringer. Does it amplify the experience?
LIFX x Razer Chroma Connect Review - Illuminating Gaming
Like the Strogg enemies of Quake II, this Frankenstein-like mishmash of old and new breeds killer results.
Quake II RTX - Shining a Light on id Software's Classic
Aussie-made Speaking Simulator is a wild ride in the simulation gaming world, but can it complete its sentence in full?
Tongue in Android Cheek - Speaking Simulator Review!
We sit down with Typhoon Studios’ Alex Hutchinson to talk about the studio’s first game, comedy, co-op, and striving to be the fourth-best.
Journey to the Savage Planet - Developer Interview
DOOM Eternal Preview - Redefining the Shooter
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
6500 posts
After spending three hours with a near-final build of DOOM Eternal thanks to Bethesda, we discover that id Software has been quietly building a stunning genre-defining experience that could potentially become the high watermark for the FPS genre.

A snipper from our preview.
After playing through a lengthy section of DOOM Eternal’s final campaign (about three hours all up) there was a sense that this could have been a sequel in the traditional sense. A sentiment born from the impressive ambition and scope we saw in the game last year, where elements return but are expanded upon. New stuff found around every corner, but with a look and feel that is still every bit DOOM. As a movie poster might tell you – ‘Bigger and better, the Slayer is back!’.

On that note DOOM Eternal is a revelation. Almost overwhelming in its scope and seamless execution of pure first-person action. An experience chock full of genuinely fascinating ideas of how a first-person shooter can play. Or could. With story, level design, platforming, and intuitive puzzles that feel like they belong. Familiar and refreshing and unlike anything else in the shooter space.

Click Here to Read Our Full DOOM Eternal Preview
11:51am 22/01/20 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:51am 22/01/20 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39866 posts
environments & action looks great! dunno about the narrative stuff, the very first line I Saw in the bit I watched of the video ("let's see how long you survive in this cursed city") seemed lame.

I'm still waiting for the last Doom game to go on a big enough sale so I can buy it, hopefully will get to it before this one comes out
01:58pm 22/01/20 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
26895 posts
Doom 2016 is great and worth it at full price.
03:53pm 22/01/20 Permalink
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
6508 posts
i kind of dig that they went full cartoon with the story... and not serious... coupled with the violence and action it's a fine blend
07:54pm 22/01/20 Permalink
trillion
Ballarat, Victoria
4472 posts
looking ok for a doomed space marine

Can’t be any worse than Doom VFR
01:19am 28/01/20 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
12342 posts
Great preview! It sounds amazing.
12:39am 10/02/20 Permalink