18 years after the conclusion of Shenmue II, Yu Suzuki returns with the long-awaited crowdfunded sequel - decades in the making.
Shenmue III Review - Party Like its 1999
We sit down with Game Director Jeff Kaplan and Lead Designer Geoff Goodman to discuss story versus PvP, sound design, Push, and the game’s interesting launch plans.
Overwatch 2 – The Big Interview
We've run Red Dead Redemption 2 through its PC paces as the series finally lands on the Desktop platform!
Red Dead Redemption 2 is Finally on PC - How Does it Fare?
We've taken to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order like a Womprat to sand. But how does it hold up?
Light or Dark? Our In-Depth Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Review
NVIDIA Updates the Shield TV with New 2019 Models
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
6280 posts
As we had to wait a while to get the NVIDIA Shield TV in Australia - there currently is no local availability or AUD pricing for the revised models. As for the updates both the standard stick-like Shield TV and the new Shield TV Pro are powered by the newer NVIDIA Tegra X1+ processor - optimised for 4K and Dolby Vision HDR content.

Which is reportedly 25% faster than the current Shield. Also, there's a brand-new remote.

In addition to "AI-enhanced upscaling for 720p/1080p to 4K" and 4K HDR playback at 60 FPS. The NVIDIA Shield TV Pro features more RAM (3GB compared to 2GB) than the standard model with increased storage (16GB compared to 8GB) and USB ports for external drive support - which makes it the model of choice for those that use the device to run a Plex media server.

The new Shield TV retails for $149.99 USD with the Shield TV Pro at $199.99 USD. Neither of the two models come with the Shield gamepad that was available as part of a bundle last time around. Both will support games via Android and GeForce Now as per the current Shield TV.

Here's hoping the new Shields makes their way down under as it's still one of the fastest and most responsive Android-based media players currently available.
12:15pm 29/10/19 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:15pm 29/10/19 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39831 posts
I've been meaning to buy one of these for ages but have kept putting it off because almost all my media needs have been met by my simple old trusty Chromecast. But more often I find myself wanting to have a bit more flexibility & everyone has raved about their Shield. I imagine there might be some decent deals for the older models floating around?
12:22pm 29/10/19 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:22pm 29/10/19 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.