We've now given the next Call of Duty a true multiplayer run, and believe us - this is very legit.
Straight Up Fact: This is the Biggest CoD Multiplayer. Ever.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is shaping up to be a franchise in waiting and exactly the sort of Force experience we've been craving for a number of years...
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - The Force is Strong in This One
AusGamers has teamed up with Bethesda to give away a host of The Elder Scrolls: Legends - Moons of Elsweyr card packs.
The Elder Scrolls Legends Moons of Elsweyr Give Away!
With Red Dead Online now out of Beta is it happy trails for Rockstar's latest online outing?
Red Dead Online Review - Saddle Up
Buying Tesla stock tips please
f**les
Brisbane, Queensland
6188 posts
I'm a big fan of the company and products however I have no experience with shares.
Any recommendations who to use, tips etc. I have googled but wanted some real world advice/ accounts.

Looking at buying perhaps 1 TSLA share a month roughly.
01:00am 08/06/19 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:00am 08/06/19 Permalink
Spock
Brisbane, Queensland
2266 posts
I've used these guys to buy some shares before... bought telstra. Lost money. But the fees to buy are low!
https://www.cmcmarketsstockbroking.com.au/
07:33am 08/06/19 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12397 posts
Buying Tesla stock tips please
I'd wait another 12 months, they should have dropped at least another 50% in value. on the 50% they've dropped this year. You could be entering double digit prices and snap up a real 'bargain'.
08:30am 08/06/19 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
11825 posts
okay, so brokerage fees are per buy, and often about $10 per.
Buying international shares in australia is not as straight forward as buying australian shares.
Have you calculated the taxation implications of dividends, and the fact that international shares aren't fully franked?
09:39am 08/06/19 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12398 posts
You're in no danger of receiving a dividend from Tesla (not for the next decade at least). Their losses for Q1 2019 were over $700m USD. Someone needs to bank roll that s*** :p
12:17pm 08/06/19 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
11826 posts
haha okay, lolz.
virtue signalling investing? romantic investing? or hoping for that moonshot?
srsly i hate to say it, but read a book.
if their losses are that large, you're not investing, you're donating to charity.
03:29pm 08/06/19 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
24318 posts

i had a short on tesla at 248 and got stopped out at 252. f*** im mad. i am waiting for it to ramp into the next quarter report and will short it beforehand.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/06/04/teslas-going-to-have-to-restructure-says-blaine-capital.html

03:55pm 08/06/19 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
996 posts

i had a short on tesla at 248 and got stopped out at 252. f*** im mad. i am waiting for it to ramp into the next quarter report and will short it beforehand.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/06/04/teslas-going-to-have-to-restructure-says-blaine-capital.html

I know it's part of investing but shorting is kinda evil. Betting a company will fall so you can make profit is lame as hell. Why not take a long position instead, betting FOR the company that's bringing into the electric future. Not against it.
07:06pm 10/06/19 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
24319 posts
Shorting is essential for a healthy market.

1. Shorters research and sniff out management broker bulls***. No shorts means you only get the company broker sponsored propaganda.

2. Shorters exploit weak companies and those using bad business practices e.g. Over-leveraged. Too much inventory.

3. Bad companies must be removed so that good companies can thrive. Shorters are the predators of the savannah.

4. If you are a committed long investor you need Shorters so you can make money. They are taking the other side of your trades.

5. Shorters are really just long cash, short stock.
07:21pm 10/06/19 Permalink
trillion
Ballarat, Victoria
4422 posts
so how many shares did you make $4 on ?
08:16pm 10/06/19 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
24320 posts
I lost $4/share on 50 shares.
08:31pm 10/06/19 Permalink
trillion
Ballarat, Victoria
4423 posts
Cool so you're for the quick gain capital vulture perspective; every Tesla failure as it iterates production of it's cars is potentially profit if it look's bad enough on the books to effect the value at it's ticker, which is easy pickings for an opportunistic market vulture feasting on mediocre build quality media reports of the Model 3, a sly character assassination of the guy at the wheel, and a whole slew of other anti-renewables transport rhetoric.

Tesla have been up against huge pushback from Wall Street investing for a long time because it doesn't further the stable oil paradigm but seeks to subvert it by greenshifting the whole energy supply chain and recharging infrastructure. You reckon HSBC or the PRC are bankrolling the new production factory in China?

You're better off investing in a term deposit if you want a return anytime soon. Or yeah go read a book.

12:13am 11/06/19 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
24321 posts
trillion, did you know Elon Musk takes home a salary of $500m in stock benefits, anyone so selfish deserves to go bust.

He lies to investors, he flips off the SEC, his auto-pilot kills people, he constantly misses estimates and has never turned a profit. He refuses to pay suppliers so he can boost his bottom line for reporting. He has lost his COO and CFO.

Tesla is an instruction book in how to NOT run a company.

It is is a donut (zero) unfortunately.
08:51am 11/06/19 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
997 posts
Shorting is essential for a healthy market.

1. Shorters research and sniff out management broker bulls***. No shorts means you only get the company broker sponsored propaganda.

2. Shorters exploit weak companies and those using bad business practices e.g. Over-leveraged. Too much inventory.

3. Bad companies must be removed so that good companies can thrive. Shorters are the predators of the savannah.

4. If you are a committed long investor you need Shorters so you can make money. They are taking the other side of your trades.

5. Shorters are really just long cash, short stock.

Never thought about it that way! Still though, the company is advancing humanity forward. Elon Musk shouldn't be at the helm, but that doesn't mean the company should suffer. Unfortunately he's probably going to sink it :(
11:22am 11/06/19 Permalink
trillion
Ballarat, Victoria
4424 posts
all probably true, it's text book American exceptionalism

01:24pm 11/06/19 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
12316 posts
Tesla is a volatile stock, but the pace of innovation and expansion is unprecedented. The annual shareholders meeting is tomorrow.

09:34pm 11/06/19 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:34pm 11/06/19 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.