After spending many in hours in the wasteland, dispatching Goons, we're ready to share our thoughts on id Software and Avalanche Studios' collaboration.
RAGE 2 Review - Anarchy Reigns
And we're not wholly throwing the game under any rat-driven bus, but it needed something more to elevate its lofty goals...
Just Shy of a Gameplay Cure - A Plague Tale: Innocence Review
We've taken Borderlands 3 for a hands-on spin, and it's bigger than you might even think!
It's a Whole New Galaxy - Hands-On with Borderlands 3
We discuss the past, present, and future of raid design with Blizard
World of Warcraft Interview - Anatomy of a Raid
Help with Retro-Gaming documentary
Mike
1 posts
Hi all,

I am a filmmaker from Melbourne, Australia and for the past few months I have been working on a documentary about retro-gaming and it's recent resurgence in the mainstream. I have hit a few stumbling blocks and I am in need of help from the gaming community.

I am looking for someone with a sizeable retro-gaming collection. Is there anyone out there that would like to be in front of a camera and have their story told? Potentially at film festivals in Australia and around the world? I have approached a few collectors and, even though they were interested in making the doco, they couldn't commit the time to it. I am now searching the community IRL and online for someone who would be interested.

Secondly, is there anyone that has a story they would like to tell, even if they don't have a collection? This can be anything, whether it's something personal to you or something you provide to the community that is retro-gaming related.

Thirdly, if I started a crowdfunding page, would people be willing to donate money? Would you be interested in seeing a documentary like this? Would you like to be involved in the documentary? I would be hoping to raise around $3,000 which I don't think is unrealistic. On the crowdfunding page I would show a bit of footage as well so people can get an idea of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
02:59pm 19/04/19 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:59pm 19/04/19 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12384 posts
Thirdly, if I started a crowdfunding page, would people be willing to donate money?
What are the investment terms? Or do you just want money for nothing?
08:25am 22/04/19 Permalink
Mike
2 posts
What are the investment terms? Or do you just want money for nothing?

I'm not asking for money now, I am putting a feeler out there to see what/if any kind of interest is around in seeing a documentary about the retro-gaming community. If I were to find a collector to take part in the doco and get things moving obviously then I would start to elaborate more on where the money would go.

At the moment the main things is actually find stories in the community to tell
11:59am 22/04/19 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:59am 22/04/19 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.