After spending many in hours in the wasteland, dispatching Goons, we're ready to share our thoughts on id Software and Avalanche Studios' collaboration.
RAGE 2 Review - Anarchy Reigns
And we're not wholly throwing the game under any rat-driven bus, but it needed something more to elevate its lofty goals...
Just Shy of a Gameplay Cure - A Plague Tale: Innocence Review
We've taken Borderlands 3 for a hands-on spin, and it's bigger than you might even think!
It's a Whole New Galaxy - Hands-On with Borderlands 3
We discuss the past, present, and future of raid design with Blizard
World of Warcraft Interview - Anatomy of a Raid
Selling Old PC
BladeRunner
Queensland
2957 posts
I am wanting to sell my old PC, the 1994 era one. I tried to find the old post I had with info about it but the search function here on the forums is borked. Good for anyone interested in old PCs.

$50 DollaryDoos will get you this fine machine. I live outside of Brisbane and the coast but You may be able to pick it up from my Grandpa's place on Tambourine Mountain.

https://i.imgur.com/Pw2382h.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/KDxv1p1.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/ThGeUSY.jpg
01:56am 19/04/19 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:56am 19/04/19 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
41305 posts
yes!!! 386dx-40!
07:31am 19/04/19 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16912 posts
holy s*** glorious ide 4 life
03:26pm 19/04/19 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
12313 posts
What a beast!
03:38pm 19/04/19 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2958 posts
It's pretty rad. I wonder my my score on cinebench would be lol. So no takers? I'll list it on Facebook buy and sell and see if I get any hits.
03:22am 20/04/19 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39779 posts
Honestly you'd have to pay me $50 to take it if you drove it over to me to drop it off. I have my 5-6 year old gaming PC here which is still in great condition and has barely been used in the last five years because I've been overseas and I think I'd struggle to sell it!
08:59am 20/04/19 Permalink
zippy
Gold Coast, Queensland
2 posts
Good old piece of hardware
08:32am 24/04/19 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
11821 posts
I have such mixed feelings about old PCs

On one hand it brings back such good memories of back when computers were exciting, when none two were alike, setting your own IRQ & DMA on expansion cards, manually entering cyl/heads/sectors/landzone/precomp in CMOS after setting the master/slave jumpers, modifying the DIP switches on the board for the correct FSB and clock multiplier for your CPU.

Back when computers were a hobby, and to build one took hours. Or never ended, as you added multimedia expansion of 16-bit sound and a quad-spin CD-ROM drive. With free joystick port! Bus powered speakers. When a PSU was a PSU, no-one got into holy wars about brand or perceived quality.

But to pay money for something that i chucked out 10 of, 15 years ago? To store something that has less computational power than a $7 Raspberry Pi Zero?

I just can't do it.
06:31pm 24/04/19 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
11822 posts
Also iirc if that's a 386DX40 that makes it likely an AMD chip because intel topped out at 33MHz in the 386 architecture
06:32pm 24/04/19 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
21581 posts
Old pc is an understatement
06:45pm 24/04/19 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2961 posts
Screw it, FREE to anyone here who wants it. As is. I just don't want to see it go to waste. If nothing else, someone who knows what to do, they could make this into a stealth build with modern hardware. That would be pretty sweet I think.
05:43pm 28/04/19 Permalink
zippy
Gold Coast, Queensland
3 posts

love that retro build! though, If you're getting a SFF or a small form factor PC then then a low profile GPU would work just fine as these can be fitted in any PC almost, https://appuals.com/best-low-profile-graphics-cards/ also get a fan too with these as summers are here its a good idea to keep up with the airflow of your pc.

01:57am 29/04/19 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:57am 29/04/19 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.