We chat with some of the engineers at NVIDIA and go behind the scenes of the impressive Quake II RTX mod.
NVIDIA on Quake II RTX as the First Fully Ray-Traced Game
The city builder meets conquest series has been around for many years, and this new entry take the series back to the past to re-capture some magic.
Anno 1800 Review - Going Back to Move Forward
We sit down with Blizzard and the Hearthstone team to talk about what goes into designing a new card set and mechanics.
Talking Hearthstone and the New Rise of Shadows Expansion!
Does it hold up almost a decade after first exploding onto the scene?
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition Review
Valve Index
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16908 posts
09:13pm 30/03/19 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:13pm 30/03/19 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
12309 posts
*Half Life 3 included

j/k
09:40pm 30/03/19 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
19196 posts
and these are probably the controllers coming with it.

12:17am 31/03/19 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16909 posts
Yeh, I guess we know now why Knuckles have taken so long to be released.
12:25pm 31/03/19 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12383 posts
What is it...
07:13pm 31/03/19 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2948 posts
Some sort of Mixed reality head set I assume. Looks like there is a few camera/sensors on the front of it.
08:54pm 31/03/19 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39775 posts
Is it AR or VR or still to be announced? I've had a look around but haven't found something that seems definitive
11:58am 05/04/19 Permalink
kr0wb4r
Brisbane, Queensland
1257 posts
I wonder if this is why I started getting totally unexpected Oculus "ads" on facebook mobile today. I say "ads" because they appeared more like facebook System messages, and weren't the type of ad that is available to orsthe.

I've never bothered to look into VR - but may have a look at this!
09:04pm 05/04/19 Permalink
f**les
Brisbane, Queensland
6187 posts
I'm looking to dive into VR(sim racing but also keen on shooters) very shortly but trying to gauge whether to wait for something around the corner.
I would rather wait for high quality image and smooth refresh rate if that is soon(/now)?
otherwise will grab whatever is the best now.
12:11am 06/04/19 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
2187 posts
@kr0wb4r
That might be a part of it, I’m reasonably sure Oculus is overdue to release a new model of VR kit too.

@f**les
If you’re planning on ‘diving in’ there’s nothing wrong with the current offerings, though there are some limitations to what you can expect (and I don’t anticipate these problems going away in the short term).
‘Screen door effect’ is present in all of the current VR offerings, which in combination with the fixed lens geometry basically make reading small text on games next to impossible.

Jump on an Oculus Rift CV2 or a HTC Vive when they’re on sale. I bought a Vive in an EOFY ebay deal last year for sub $700. I’m happy with what I got for the price.
Other than that, make sure your GPU is up to scratch. I’d Recommend at least a GTX 1070.

The bigger problem is that I’m yet to find that ‘killer app’ to sell VR as an experience for everyone.
I’ve got loads of VR tech demos and they’re fun for an hour or so, and I’ve also got a few conventional games which have APIs to integrate VR headsets (Dirt and Project Cars are both a blast in VR)

Without a larger customer base, VR is teetering on a ledge atm, and without more VR specific titles, it’s kinda stagnant at this minute
11:38am 09/04/19 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:38am 09/04/19 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.