We chat with some of the engineers at NVIDIA and go behind the scenes of the impressive Quake II RTX mod.
NVIDIA on Quake II RTX as the First Fully Ray-Traced Game
The city builder meets conquest series has been around for many years, and this new entry take the series back to the past to re-capture some magic.
Anno 1800 Review - Going Back to Move Forward
We sit down with Blizzard and the Hearthstone team to talk about what goes into designing a new card set and mechanics.
Talking Hearthstone and the New Rise of Shadows Expansion!
Does it hold up almost a decade after first exploding onto the scene?
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition Review
Win One of Five $100 Steam Vouchers
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
5199 posts
We're running a competition where you can win one of five $100 Steam vouchers. And the plus side is all you have to do is fill out a quick survey. The aim of which is get better suited sponsors to help fund your favourite esports - which means more tournaments, more affordable tickets, better infrastructure, and more.

Sure, surveys take time and most of the ones that claim to be quick take several minutes. So trust us, when we say this one can be completed in a couple of minutes. Simply anonymously tell us a bit about you and then answer a few questions.

Which you can easily squeeze in between rounds of Apex Legends, Rainbow Six Siege, or even waiting for your opponent's turn in Hearthstone.

Participating will help build our esports community, so a big thanks from all of the team here at AusGamers and good luck!
03:57pm 04/03/19 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:57pm 04/03/19 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2934 posts
05:21am 05/03/19 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
9652 posts
The last AGN comp I entered a few of us tried to get feedback on whether or not anyone had even won, and just got crickets. No replies, no updates to the comp page with winners...
01:42pm 05/03/19 Permalink
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
5208 posts
The last AGN comp I entered a few of us tried to get feedback on whether or not anyone had even won, and just got crickets. No replies, no updates to the comp page with winners...

Which come was this? We do contact winners privately via details provided.
02:15pm 05/03/19 Permalink
Rukh
Brisbane, Queensland
1128 posts
Is there a reason why b) and c) in the Brands section are the same?
06:36pm 05/03/19 Permalink
Snakeman
Queensland
953 posts
I think his point is we don't get to see the winners so how do we know if it was even judged?inner.

08:47pm 05/03/19 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12379 posts
If there are way more scantly clad girls at e-sports events, it means they read the suggestions and we've all won.
07:59am 06/03/19 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
965 posts
Yeah I thought the same thing Raven. Winners are never announced. I think the winning answers for those "in 25 words or less" should be posted as news. I had a killer one that won a PS4 game. The question was something about getting some exoskeleton amour and what you would use it for. I said to take bring in the woolies shopping in one go :).

So ausgamers does honor the comps. Just not advertised.
09:05pm 07/03/19 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
966 posts
Do you listen to music or audio books whilst you play games?

What the f*** who does that?!
09:12pm 07/03/19 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
6632 posts
I do sometimes if it's a JRPG, Building or puzzle game and I like my music better than theirs.
Also great for long games like AoE, Sins of a Solar Empire. If I ever got into MineCraft I would imagine it would only take about 3 minutes before I had some tunes on too.>
11:35am 08/03/19 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
969 posts
I do sometimes if it's a JRPG, Building or puzzle game and I like my music better than theirs.
Also great for long games like AoE, Sins of a Solar Empire. If I ever got into MineCraft I would imagine it would only take about 3 minutes before I had some tunes on too.>

Oh fair enough. I imagined playing an adventure game where the music is really important not only to the feel but gameplay.
09:13am 12/03/19 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
6633 posts
Yeah, couldn't do it in an immersive Action, Adventure or FPS. If i'm grinding in an RPG or one of the (very long) world builder type games I switch to other music.
07:20pm 14/03/19 Permalink
HeardY
Gaelic newb
Sydney, New South Wales
21546 posts

When I did game years ago, I used to regularly play pub cs with music cranking
08:48pm 14/03/19 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
41287 posts
play pub cs with music cranking THROUGH MY MICROPHONE
08:54pm 14/03/19 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
970 posts
Yes that's what I thought as well. you're one of THOSE people!
08:57am 15/03/19 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:57am 15/03/19 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.