Where we talk about the three Cs: the camera, the control and the combat.
We Chat to The Division 2's Game Director David Kennedy
An explosion several years in the making.
Crackdown 3 Review - Boom! Shake The Room
An astonishing achievement, this post-apocalyptic shooter offers an experience that lives up to its ambition and promise, offering challenge and surprise in equal measure.
Metro Exodus Review - You Won't Fall Out of This Carriage
We play through the neon colours of Far Cry New Dawn, the direct standalone sequel to the events of Far Cry 5
Far Cry New Dawn Review - A New Dawn, A Nuke Day
Subnautica's First Expansion, Below Zero, Now Available in Earl...
Steve Farrelly
AusGamers Editor
Sydney, New South Wales
8014 posts
So, you thought you'd finally escaped the water trap that was Planet 4546B. Guess again. The brilliant survival game's first dedicated expansion, Below Zero, which we honestly thought would take much longer to, err, surface, is now available to play in Early Access on both Steam and the Epic Games Store.

Set a year after your escape from the planet, the game is still in very early stages, but this is how Unknown Worlds likes to build games -- out in the open, and at the mercy of a critical community. Here's their official line:
Subnautica: Below Zero is now available in Early Access! Set one year after the original Subnautica, Below Zero challenges you to survive a disaster at an alien research station on Planet 4546B.

This frozen underwater adventure is a work in progress. As we did with Subnautica, we are building Below Zero out in the open. With your help, we will craft a worthy follow up to the original game.

Below Zero is full of bugs, runs poorly, and includes only a small portion of our planned features. It’s also a game we’re excited about. If you join us, we think you might enjoy this journey through Early Access.

If you would like to wait until the game is finished, please sign up to our Development Newsletter. We’ll let you know as soon as the game is done!
As much as I love Subnautica, and cannot wait to get my freeze on, I'll be waiting for this to be complete or as close to complete as possible. I played through Subnautica in Preview and Early Access form more times than I can remember, so I want this to be as fresh as possible.

Check out the studio's impressive CG trailer for Below Zero embedded below.

02:21pm 01/02/19 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:21pm 01/02/19 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2929 posts
I will probably get it in 6 months or so, once they iron out a few more things.
10:25am 03/02/19 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
41279 posts
gah, gotta finish the original game. its no hand holder, that is for sure!
11:02am 03/02/19 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12377 posts
The Epic store will eventually give it away for free.
12:15pm 03/02/19 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2930 posts
The Mighty Jingles has a video for it.

08:35pm 03/02/19 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16901 posts
So many stores and game launchers.

Someone should create a meta launcher that indexes and launches games from your launchers, sort of like trillion back in the days when people had MSN and yahoo and ICQ and AOL chat clients.
10:08am 04/02/19 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:08am 04/02/19 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.