An epic story in The Witcher universe, as told with cards.
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Review | Cards on the Table
We sit down with Blizzard to discuss the studio revisiting the classic real-time strategy of 2003's Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos.
Warcraft III: Reforged – Remaking a Classic
A Love Letter to the Western Classic
Red Dead Redemption 2: Rockstar's Road to Redemption
Pick Me a Game!
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16879 posts
OK team, its that time of year and the cobwebs and moths flee the Hogwallet.

So many sweet games to buy ... but WHICH ONE?

I have all the consoles and stuff so PC/XBox/PS4/Switch recommendations all welcome!
04:58pm 30/11/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:58pm 30/11/18 Permalink
Murf
Gold Coast, Queensland
137 posts
What new games released this year have you played?
07:15pm 30/11/18 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
26499 posts
RDR2.
07:51pm 30/11/18 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
41236 posts
if you havent played it, horizon zero dawn.

a f*****g masterpiece. (also ps4 exclusive)
08:14pm 30/11/18 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
19187 posts
spider-man
10:15pm 30/11/18 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16880 posts
Ok games from this year

Most notably zelda odyssey on the switch.

Have access to HZD (one of the Kurds games) haven't played more than the opening act. Only recently got into PS4 so haven't played an of the last of us yet - is it worth it now?

Haven't bought anything for xbox this year i think?

2018 PC has been about an unhealthy relationship with dota that ended poorly, and muy own game of course.
01:30pm 01/12/18 Permalink
Murf
Gold Coast, Queensland
138 posts
HZD and Last of Us are definitely worthwhile playing. Also Bloodborne if your into those Dark Souls type games

Currently playing Shadow warrior 2 after getting it free on GOG recently and its an unexpected GEM. Dont know how I missed this when it released acouple years ago, its like a hilarious ninja Doom game.
03:13pm 02/12/18 Permalink
bLaZe
New South Wales
126 posts
pc has been pretty sad of late, while ps4 has a bunch of highly regarded exclusives. besides those already suggested there is gow, gtav, anything naughty dog, persona 5, mgs v, witcher 3, monster hunter world and many others worth your time.
04:07pm 02/12/18 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
24068 posts
God of War on PS4, easily my game of the year, so f*****g good

Haven't bought anything for xbox this year i think?

Probably cos theres nothing really worth buying on XBox this year :( The new Forza Horizon is sposed to be decent if driving games are your thing, but this year all I've really bought for xbox is a few third party titles like Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Red Dead 2, just cos the XBox One X versions were the best versions of those. Microsoft are really struggling as far as exclusives go, especially compared to the gold that has been showing up on PS4 the last few years.
10:37am 03/12/18 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16881 posts
Yeh I legit do not like Sony and what they do with their console dominance, but even we ended up with a PS4 Pro or two. I'm liking MS' current direction in a lot of ways.

Before anyone jumps in ... yes MS were also increasingly c***y when they were in front we all know already, its probably why they are no longer in front. They got pushed into 2nd place for it.

Is RD2 worth it? I'm not a fan of the setting and I have a fair few open world games to get through (haven't done the Zelda xpac yet, HZD, Witcher 3, maybe even VR Fallout 4 & Skyrim).

I'm thinking maybe Last of Us might be a winner. I like driving games but the previous Forza Horizon & VR DiRT has heaps of content left for that itch.

Monster Hunter Switch might be rad for travelling too, though its no MH World...
04:32pm 04/12/18 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
41237 posts
last of us is f*****g excellent.

get it done before the sequel comes out!
05:53pm 04/12/18 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
9640 posts
Do you like puzzle games? I've been playing a Switch game called Death Squared which I came across at PAX West - it's a couple of years old now, made by a Melbourne company, but it's a heap of fun. There's a free demo that has I think 8-10 levels.
07:59pm 04/12/18 Permalink
tspec
Melbourne, Victoria
3921 posts
From someone who has spent countless hours in Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey, my most recent time dump has been with Spiderman which did not disappoint. It was one I could play with the kids so it worked out well, at least in a sense that they just enjoyed exploring the city and watching the story play out in the cut scenes.

08:09pm 04/12/18 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16882 posts
last of us is f*****g excellent.

get it done before the sequel comes out!

Oo there's a remaster for PS4 too.

Looks like we have a winnar champs! Thanks all - will try that Switch puzzle game demo too :)
03:35pm 07/12/18 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
12288 posts
And so, upon the advice of the denizens of the QGL and AusGamers forum, Hogfather reached an important decision. He had finally decided which game would occupy his time over the coming, scorching Summer. Was it the open world of the Wild West in Red Dead Redemption 2? Or the sci-fi setting of Horizon Zero Dawn? Nay, it was a remastered version of another much-loved open world game for the PlayStation, The Last of Us.

PS. Give StarCraft: Remastered a bash for some nostalgic fun!
04:54pm 07/12/18 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
19189 posts
the last of us isn't open world. good choice though.
04:57pm 07/12/18 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
41238 posts
very linear, but you dont even notice!
07:27pm 07/12/18 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
12289 posts
Oh my bad, I haven't played any of them. Too busy with StarCraft!
08:31pm 07/12/18 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16884 posts
very linear, but you dont even notice!

I'm ok with linear, a well-directed on rails experience is great.

It sounds like it might be something that's reasonable to watch rather than just play too? Missus doesn't mind story driven games as a spectator.
04:37pm 09/12/18 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
41242 posts
excellent watching. my mother in law got right into the story while we were playing it!

05:09pm 09/12/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:09pm 09/12/18 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.