At BlizzCon 2018 we sat down with the team behind the upcoming mobile game Diablo Immortal to talk about bringing the franchise to an even smaller screen.
Talking Diablo Immortal with Blizzard
Plus, of course, plenty of B.O.B. - Ashe’s trusty Omnic sidekick.
Talking Overwatch and the 29th Hero Ashe with Jeff Kaplan
Our in-depth conversation with with Microsoft’s Chris Charla, the head of its indie platform – ID@Xbox.
In Conversation - Talking Indies and More with Chris Charla
We go through the history of Alienware, the rise of esports, and becoming the market leader with co-founder Frank Azor.
Ahead of the Curve - The Alienware Story
Jump the Wall - Red Dead Redemption 2 Players are Glitching their Wa...
Steve Farrelly
AusGamers Editor
Sydney, New South Wales
7888 posts
And as topical as that sounds in this day and age, nope, it's not a real-life sentence, in the physical sense. Rather, players have found a crack in the invisible digital wall in Red Dead Redemption 2 and have started wandering into Mexico, which featured as its own content and story-heavy biome in the original game, but exists seemingly in the prequel as either DLC placeholder, or as North Korean-like proof of place through player binoculars.

As originally reported by Eurogamer, and shared by YouTuber ZacCoxTV, it's not really anything other than a barren desert with a single building left in from the original game, though something could be taken from this in regards to a true remaster of the first Red Dead being wholly in the works, and now hopefully PC-friendly. But please acknowledge right now, that's us clutching at very invisible straws.

Either way, the fact that true in-game geometry for the space exists is something we can clutch at, and we'd certainly love to see more content rise from this unique discovery, but since Rockstar is always so tight-lipped about its games and plans, we'll just have to glitch and wait and see.
04:59pm 06/11/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:59pm 06/11/18 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2908 posts
Sounds interesting. I hope its single player DLC or perhaps.....remastering the first RDR.
01:00pm 07/11/18 Permalink
Steve Farrelly
AusGamers Editor
Sydney, New South Wales
7889 posts
I'm leaning with the latter BladeRunner, and I think it's the reason why a PC release wasn't on the cards at the same time as console. Given the PC community hasn't been able to properly experience the first game, my theory is they're working hard on a remaster, especially because Spoiler:
they went and recreated new Austin
, and the Mexico 'placeholder' content looks like its had some work done to it.

Man it would be so sweet.
01:51pm 07/11/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:51pm 07/11/18 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.