At BlizzCon 2018 we sat down with the team behind the upcoming mobile game Diablo Immortal to talk about bringing the franchise to an even smaller screen.
Talking Diablo Immortal with Blizzard
For all intents and purposes, Call of Cthulhu should have been amazing. Our full review and dive into madness
Mad About You - Call of Cthulhu Review
We've taken Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang to hell and back. But does the hype bail stack up? We go in-depth to answer that very question...
Ain't no Chicken Feed | Red Dead Redemption 2 Review
We chat with Bethesda's Pete Hines about Fallout 76, the series, and those first moments of Fallout PvP...
Fallout 76 – In Conversation with Bethesda’s Pete Hines
Santa Monica Studios Shares Hilarious God of War Development QA Bugs...
Steve Farrelly
AusGamers Editor
Sydney, New South Wales
7850 posts
In a rare studio share, God of War developer Santa Monica Studios has given a visual insight into some of the kinds of issues that can arise in big budget game releases, given there's are so many cooks usually in a pretty small kitchen. And honestly, my son and I who both finished the game separately, laughed way too hard at this.

But that's largely because it is hilarious. The video below is also accompanied by a nice blog entry from QA Lead on the game Curt Markwardt, who goes in-depth on the QA process while working on a Triple-A release. Here's an excerpt from what he has to say:
"Unless you’ve worked in the game industry, when you think of the effort that goes on behind the scenes of creating a AAA game, QA is not typically at the forefront of your mind. As a studio, we strive to specialize in the craft of creating characters, worlds and stories for you, the player, to experience and explore.

A crucial part of that is the ability to immerse you in those worlds and that immersion is immediately broken each time you encounter a bug that jars that experience, reminding you that you are “just” playing a game. The irony here is that, if we do not do our job well, it will be painfully obvious, but… if we do our job well, you will likely never notice. Instead, you’ll just get to experience what our passionate developers intended – an uninterrupted, engrossing, emotional and rewarding experience..."
Watch the full video embedded below and try not to laugh, my son and I dare you!

05:04pm 24/10/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
system
Internet
--
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply