An epic story in The Witcher universe, as told with cards.
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Review | Cards on the Table
We sit down with Blizzard to discuss the studio revisiting the classic real-time strategy of 2003's Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos.
Warcraft III: Reforged – Remaking a Classic
A Love Letter to the Western Classic
Red Dead Redemption 2: Rockstar's Road to Redemption
First into the Wasteland – We Go Hands-On with Fallout 76
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
4575 posts
This year we're not only getting a massive new Fallout game from Bethesda Game Studios, we're also getting the first entry in the series to feature online multiplayer. So then, does this make Fallout 76 a drastic departure for the series? No, not really. By keeping the core Fallout experience intact, it represents something familiar, yet also something new.

Outside of the admittedly strange sensation that comes from seeing other people running around in a Fallout-world. These being real people, taking on the role of digital Vault 76 dwellers emerging from a now discarded location - moving about in the sort of weird online way that only real-people tend to do in large, open digital landscapes. Avoiding pathways, jumping up onto rocks for no reason, punching mid-air, posing – e-moting. A strange sight for a Bethesda Game Studios production. What immediately sets the scene for the vast, sprawling, and sometimes messy adventure that is Fallout 76 though – is not this immediate and notable difference in creative direction. It’s the lush, vibrant, and colourful West Virginia setting.

Click Here to Read 'First into the Wasteland – Hands-On with Fallout 76'
01:13am 09/10/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:13am 09/10/18 Permalink
Winston
Melbourne, Victoria
451 posts
How do servers work? Is it like an MMO or can you host your own private server like Conan or create a private instance on their servers like Elite:Dangerous?
09:22am 09/10/18 Permalink
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
4576 posts
Like an MMO in that you need to connect online - but you won't select region or anything like that because it'll be instances of 24 players or so. There are plans to support mods so I'm guessing private servers will be a thing
11:09am 09/10/18 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2891 posts
I would not be surprised if the mod support is the Creation Club, which means curated mods. I could be wrong though and I hope I am. Because I want to see slooty outfits and big titty CBBE body mods.
11:49am 09/10/18 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
24058 posts
Yeah, I think it'll definitely be curated mods
12:19pm 09/10/18 Permalink
fryzee
Melbourne, Victoria
26 posts
The fact that it’s only on Bethesda launcher keeps me away. It’s a shame really would have smashed this out otherwise.
07:22pm 09/10/18 Permalink
Psycho
Brisbane, Queensland
6359 posts
Nice review. Thanks!
05:07pm 14/10/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:07pm 14/10/18 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page