An epic story in The Witcher universe, as told with cards.
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Review | Cards on the Table
We sit down with Blizzard to discuss the studio revisiting the classic real-time strategy of 2003's Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos.
Warcraft III: Reforged – Remaking a Classic
A Love Letter to the Western Classic
Red Dead Redemption 2: Rockstar's Road to Redemption
Red Dead Redemption 2 - What Did You Expect?
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
4513 posts
Was it a sequel to one of the most beloved open world games from the previous generation of hardware? Well, that's a somewhat cynical response. Based on the teaser trailers, screenshots, and other bits of information going into our lengthy hands-on preview with the game we expected something a bit more - greatness. But even that, would be selling it short.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is the real deal, a once in a generation experience - built from the ground up for modern current-gen hardware.
In many ways, the Van der Linde gang, as lead by Dutch, could be a VICE documentary more centred around cultism and cult leaders. As a servant of the cult, like Tom Cruise buying milk for David Miscavige, Arthur -- the player lead -- is at the beck and call of his transient boss. You gain new missions and relationships through the campsite, but it’s not a binary setting; it moves with the story and the characters within it shift based on your actions, interactions and choices. It’s unique in games, and stands tall as potentially the biggest shift from the first game. How deep it runs will remain to be seen, but as a hub away from the daily grind -- even though you’re kind of feeding it, it’s a breath of fresh air.

Click Here for Our Full Red Dead Redemption 2 Hands-On Preview
12:47am 21/09/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:47am 21/09/18 Permalink
Zapo
Brisbane, Queensland
3419 posts
I've been looking forward to this game for yonks. I know I'm going to buy it, I know I'm going to play it, I suspect I'm going to adore it, so I've been trying to avoid preview information etc.

I had to skim read what Steve wrote though, and boy oh boy am I super keen!!
09:34am 21/09/18 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39670 posts
I want to go to there
03:17pm 21/09/18 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
24160 posts
But it's no pc right?
08:12pm 21/09/18 Permalink
taggs
6572 posts
Will probably buy a console just for this.
08:45pm 21/09/18 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
26478 posts
Will patiently wait for the PC version which will hopefully be the same level of improvement they made with GTA V.
09:33pm 21/09/18 Permalink
taggs
6573 posts
But they didn't do that for rdr1!

I'm sure you're right and they'd 100% make that obv commercial decision (unless some sorta deal with console manufacturers) given it paid the donk off for gtav but I'm a sucka and don't wanna wait ><

So qgl cool bois should i go ps4 or xbone??
10:44pm 21/09/18 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
19180 posts
So qgl cool bois should i go ps4 or xbone??

depends. if you only intend to buy RDR2 and no other games then xbox one x is probably the best choice as it's the most powerful console on the market.

if you want a console with the best games then nothing beats playstation's library of exclusives.

09:24am 22/09/18 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16866 posts
depends. if you only intend to buy RDR2 and no other games then xbox one x is probably the best choice as it's the most powerful console on the market.

if you want a console with the best games then nothing beats playstation's library of exclusives.

I hate that exclusives is a selling point for consoles.

I get that its valid. I just hate that its even a thing, feels like comparing games on the basis of which has the best paid DLC. Wrong somehow.

But I don't get all twisty upset about Nintendo ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
03:02pm 22/09/18 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2885 posts
https://i.imgur.com/9QttOqz.jpg

I wish it was out this month and not next month. I'll be begrudgingly be playing this on my PS4.= but it should look alright on the new TVs we have.
07:30pm 22/09/18 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
41195 posts
ps4 ez
06:57am 23/09/18 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
24054 posts
Yeah, I'll be getting it on xbox one x, take advantage of the extra juice. If someone was buying a new console though, and you were only buying one, would definitely have to be a PS4 at this point, the library of stuff on PS4 is just too strong
10:32am 24/09/18 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
5182 posts
Getting this for sure. Can't wait
07:01pm 24/09/18 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
19181 posts
10:23pm 24/09/18 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2886 posts
If my PS4 broke I would probably get it on Xbox.
01:02pm 25/09/18 Permalink
Steve Farrelly
AusGamers Editor
Sydney, New South Wales
7835 posts
If you've got a 4K TV capable of HDR and this is the only game you're buying a console for, go Xbox One X. Then if you're so inclined you can also pick up Forza Horizon 4 which is a poster child for the power of One X. BUT, PS4 does have God of War, Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn, so there's always that...

I'd buy Xbox One X though
05:07pm 03/10/18 Permalink
Jayman
Brisbane, Queensland
1027 posts
Bloodbourne, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Spider-Man, Uncharted 4, Uncharted Lost Legacy. PS4 has some incredible exclusive games. If those are for some reason not of interest then go the X.
10:09pm 04/10/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:09pm 04/10/18 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.