At BlizzCon 2018 we sat down with the team behind the upcoming mobile game Diablo Immortal to talk about bringing the franchise to an even smaller screen.
Talking Diablo Immortal with Blizzard
Plus, of course, plenty of B.O.B. - Ashe’s trusty Omnic sidekick.
Talking Overwatch and the 29th Hero Ashe with Jeff Kaplan
Our in-depth conversation with with Microsoft’s Chris Charla, the head of its indie platform – ID@Xbox.
In Conversation - Talking Indies and More with Chris Charla
We go through the history of Alienware, the rise of esports, and becoming the market leader with co-founder Frank Azor.
Ahead of the Curve - The Alienware Story
Steam for Linux... take 2... 3?
Ickus
Perth, Western Australia
642 posts

Steam are making another attempt to get more linux support.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/221410/announcements/detail/1696055855739350561

A good step forward, a fork of wine with a good range of modern technologies enabled.

12:32pm 22/08/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:32pm 22/08/18 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
2180 posts
I recall being excited for an alternative to Windows for ‘mainstream PC gaming’ when Valve first announced this a few years back (along with “Steam Boxes”, which is also not that far from when they announced Steam Link and their own Controller too).

By the time I went looking for something to install Inseem to recall it being dead in the water.

Here’s hoping this build fares better!
08:26am 23/08/18 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39645 posts
Pretty good news; initial reports seem pretty good (the very few I've seen).
02:35pm 23/08/18 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
15627 posts
02:48pm 23/08/18 Permalink
Mike
Geelong, Victoria
2 posts
This is because Linux is becoming a bigger os than Windows, and in a few years it will be more widely used then windows. That's why this step is taken by steam is for their own benefits.
09:37pm 19/09/18 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16867 posts
This is because Linux is becoming a bigger os than Windows, and in a few years it will be more widely used then windows.

THIS YEAR is the year of Linux Desktop! It really is this time guys!!!!
03:05pm 22/09/18 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
11796 posts
THIS YEAR is the year of Linux Desktop! It really is this time guys!!!!
haha hoggy

yeah i think this is the 20th consecutive year i've been told that linux is going to overtake windows in the server & desktop market 'as soon as next year' or a variation on this. The fact remains that Linux will never become anything other than a specific use case or periphery option. Kinda like Opera browser.
08:17am 23/09/18 Permalink
trillion
Ballarat, Victoria
4414 posts
So I installed Mint Linux just to test this and while the Steam Play compatibility with proton worked well enough for a few games, there were mouse input issues and it just wasn’t as working as well in VR, I went back to Windows because everything just works without having to tweak the heck out of it *shrugs*
03:06pm 23/09/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:06pm 23/09/18 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.