We take Spidey for a websling through the Big Apple. How does it fare in the superhero gaming space? Click through for more!
Hands-On with Spider-Man - Arkham by Day?
Those familiar with the Plantronics line will no doubt be pleased to learn that the new RIG 500 features excellent audio response.
Plantronics RIG 500 Pro Esports Edition Review
We go behind the scenes of Wargaming's World of Warships to discuss the process behind bringing historical vessels into the game.
The Story Behind Bringing Naval History into World of Warships
The new HTC Vive Pro offers improved VR image quality with a new notable issues.
HTC Vive Pro Review - Premium VR
Nintendo's Switch Success isn't Slowing Down as the Compan...
Steve Farrelly
AusGamers Editor
Sydney, New South Wales
7747 posts
Or as Tech Crunch suggests, has likely already surpassed 20 million units given Nintendo's most recent earnings call had system sell through at 19.67 million as of the end of June. The company is also up 88 percent on operating profits.

Most companies release their earnings around this time of year, and this is also where nuggets of information regarding future releases often slip out, however, Nintendo's was a straight down the line report on their uber-successful Nintendo Switch console.

Interestingly, according to the earnings report a number of games tend to peak at around 1.40 million units sold, including Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (1.40 million), Mario Tennis Aces (1.38 million) and Nintendo Labo (1.39 million). The company also reports that games released in the previous financial period remain steady in sales, while the Nintendo 3DS handheld has decreased in year-on-year sales, though now in its eighth year in-market, by 61.9 percent. A re-release of the Mini NES also netted sales of 1.26 million units.

"We are working to further accelerate the already great momentum of Nintendo Switch," the report says in relation to how the rest of the year shapes with their premium online service which goes live in September, two new Pokemon: Let's Go! games and the hotly-anticipated Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which is out in December.

Presumably as the system maintains sales strength and market penetration, and more third-party titles find their way onto Switch, we'll get an even steadier and more frequent number of games filling out the hybrid console's library.

Whichever way you look at it, Nintendo is once again in pretty good shape moving forward.
02:00pm 01/08/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:00pm 01/08/18 Permalink
Lithium
Rockhampton, Queensland
496 posts
I bought a nintendo switch for the sake of homebrew/emulators and such. They banned me from the eshop and online services so I can only deduce its an open invitation to pirate all future games I want to try. nice one nintendo
11:48am 03/08/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:48am 03/08/18 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.