We sit down with Avalanche Studios to delve deeper into the creative processes and evolution behind the ambitious collaborative sequel
The Post-Punk Wasteland of Rage 2
Jurassic World Evolution, the new theme-park simulation from Frontier Developments, captures the cinematic magic of the original 1993 classic - Jurassic Park.
Jurassic World Evolution Review - Welcome To...
We get an early hands-on with a 400-year old prequel to Assassin's Creed Origins!
This. Is. Sparta! - Hands-On with Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Ahead of E3 Bethesda gave AusGamers the chance to check out RAGE 2, the unexpected but very welcome sequel to id Software’s iconic original
Over-the-Top, Fun, and Insane: Hands-On with Rage 2
Official Fallout 76 Thread
BladeRunner
Queensland
2866 posts

Forums seem a little slow these days so I want to help out.

At first I was not sure about a fallout game that is not Fallout 5 but it might be alright.

So far the details are....

- Set 20 years after the bombs fell in West Virginia
- It's an online multiplayer game but you can play solo or group with strangers or friends.
- The game will also run on an upgraded version of Bethesda’s own proprietary game engine.
- Players can build settlements.
- New enemies to fight
- You can nuke other settlements if you get a key to a missle silo and then harvest resources from there.
- 4 times larger than Fallout 4

They have released pre-order info and for just $299.95 you can get this.

https://i.imgur.com/qR4GTRB.jpg

I might get that.

Article from Polygon https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/10/17405448/fallout-76-multiplayer-trailer-bethesda-e3-2018

And kostas article too https://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3596493

10:55pm 11/06/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:55pm 11/06/18 Permalink
Viper119
Other International
3390 posts
Yeah I had slightly mixed feelings. On the one hand I was kinda disappointed by Fallout 4, though I enjoyed playing it. So I'm a bit skeptical.

It doesn't look like there's a new or upgraded engine, just more optimisation.. so is going to look that great?

On the other hand I love Fallout and more Fallout in a new game world is always fun. Plus I do think the prospect of playing Fallout with some of my friends is great. That's much more appealing to me than things like Overwatch, DOTA or Destiny tbh.

I don't get why West Virginia is so important?
11:43pm 11/06/18 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2867 posts
Neither do I, Im not a long time hardcore fallout fan so there probably is some lore for it. There's Government stuff there in West Virginia I think so that might play a role.

I liked Fallout 4, just wish it was better opimised.
08:57am 12/06/18 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2868 posts
10:51am 12/06/18 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
940 posts
I dont really understand. It's not MMO, but you play with a small group of other people vs other real people. When you logout, what happens to the world? Is it instanced? Can people destroy your base when you've logged out? Or is it like WOW battlegrounds?

The whole thing seems odd.
11:38am 12/06/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:38am 12/06/18 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.