We get an early hands-on with a 400-year old prequel to Assassin's Creed Origins!
This. Is. Sparta! - Hands-On with Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Ahead of E3 Bethesda gave AusGamers the chance to check out RAGE 2, the unexpected but very welcome sequel to id Software’s iconic original
Over-the-Top, Fun, and Insane: Hands-On with Rage 2
From its prequel setting, massive open world, online dedicated servers, to setting up camp anywhere you please.
Fallout 76 – Everything You Need to Know
And to think that we thought they couldn't top the Australia setting of Forza Horizon 3.
Forza Horizon 4 Looks Incredible Thanks to Dynamic Seasons
Interview: Treyarch Talks Taking on Battle Royale with Call of Duty:...
Steve Farrelly
AusGamers Editor
Sydney, New South Wales
7673 posts
AusGamers was invited out to the annual Call of Duty reveal for 2018, this time with the franchise in Treyarch's court, who've upped the Black Ops ante to, well, four. While soaking in the hype, we also had a chance to sit down with some Treyarch brass to talk about the studio -- and series' -- take on the now-very-popular chicken dinner Battel Roayle genre...

Here's a snippet from our interview:
AusGamers: So what made the company decide to take a different approach in this regards to Blackout?

Yale: I think it's just the game we wanted to make. We were always wanting to create something with a non-traditional narrative, because we didn't want something where you just get the experience and go “ok, now I know the story and now I'm done”. We wanted something that would live on, that was more organic, where the story will grow with what the player does and the interactions they have. Like I said, we were going down that non-traditional path [with Black Ops III], but that didn't necessarily hit the level of quality that we wanted.

We made the tough decision to scrap that and we'd already been thinking about battle royale and the things that we wanted to do there, but couldn't. Since then we've made a lot of technical advances that came from all the [Black Ops III] work we'd done that we were able to leverage in order to make a battle royale that's truly Black Ops.

Matt here loves to talk about the fluidity, the gun feel, the visual fidelity and all those things – being able to bring all of those things to make Blackout, an offering that will fit nicely between those other things that are out there [like Fortnite and PUBG].
Click here for our full Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 interview.
04:10pm 21/05/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
system
Internet
--
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply