Obsidian's latest is a truly epic RPG full of high-seas exploration, wonderful writing, and memorable moments.
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Review - A High-Seas Classic
Gruesome and fun zombie-apocalypse survival, but also bug-ridden and poorly optimised.
State of Decay 2 Review
Dealing with Zombie hordes on the road to the land of Maple Syrup and Ice Hockey.
Death Road to Canada Review
Better late than never, we bring you our full review of the epic Bandai Namco and Studio Ghibli collaboration.
Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Review
BattleTech Review - Tactical Mech Combat in the MechWarrior Universe
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
3725 posts
Okay, so MechWarrior is technically in the BattleTech universe. Considering that it began life as a tabletop and all. But I grew up playing MechWarrior 2 on PC so for me it's the reverse, kind of. Anyway, ever since details began emerging about this turn-based tactical strategy game it's been on my most wanted list for quite sometime.

Now that it's finally here, the end result is somewhat of a mixed bag. Good, but not quite great.

One of the big plusses, despite its modest budget, is the often-wonderful writing, presentation, and original score found throughout BattleTech. The graphic-novel approach to cinematic sequences more than sell the grand nature of the story being told, as does the sparse and well-executed voice acting. Built on the rich history of the BattleTech tabletop game, there’s detail and a coherent history found with every introduction of a new planet, faction, or even type of mech. For those interested in the sort of sci-fi world presented in BattleTech, the ability to live the life of an interstellar mercenary taking on jobs with a full crew and cargo hold filled with mechs – is hard to resist.

Click Here to Read Our Full BattleTech Review
09:01pm 02/05/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:01pm 02/05/18 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7752 posts
game is a massive time sink but it's pretty awesome. some missions get really hard if you're not being super cautious about the damage you're taking early on. you think you've just barely made it through the mission and then bam surprise dropship of elite mechs comes in xD.

hopefully they sort out the stuttering and performance issues because while the game isn't ugly, it's definitely not pushing any boundaries with the visuals.
02:50pm 04/05/18 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12339 posts
Was on my list to get but I'll wait until its on some sort of Steam sale.
01:01pm 07/05/18 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2858 posts
I vaguely remember playing Mechwarrior once or twice back in the day. I have logged 34 hours on this game so far, It's pretty good.
07:19pm 07/05/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:19pm 07/05/18 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.