We sit down with Avalanche Studios to delve deeper into the creative processes and evolution behind the ambitious collaborative sequel
The Post-Punk Wasteland of Rage 2
Jurassic World Evolution, the new theme-park simulation from Frontier Developments, captures the cinematic magic of the original 1993 classic - Jurassic Park.
Jurassic World Evolution Review - Welcome To...
We get an early hands-on with a 400-year old prequel to Assassin's Creed Origins!
This. Is. Sparta! - Hands-On with Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Ahead of E3 Bethesda gave AusGamers the chance to check out RAGE 2, the unexpected but very welcome sequel to id Software’s iconic original
Over-the-Top, Fun, and Insane: Hands-On with Rage 2
RIP R Lee Ermey (gunny)
E.T.
Queensland
5167 posts
Died a little earlier today aged 74 from complications related to pneumonia.

Little known fact about the "Gunny":

He is the only Marine to be promoted after retiring.
He rose to the rank of Staff Sergeant after spending 14 months in Vietnam and doing two tours in Okinawa. He was medically retired for the injuries he received during his service. But it was in 2002, that Marine Corps Commandant James L. Jones promoted Ermey to E-7, Gunnery Sergeant, the rank he became so well-known for. It was the first and only time the Corps has promoted a retiree.
https://i.imgur.com/yKxQMa5.jpg

Best known for his role in "Full Metal Jacket" which I think I will watch tonight.
12:38pm 16/04/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:38pm 16/04/18 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
26360 posts
Milos Forman died recently also :(
01:22pm 16/04/18 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
41068 posts
im reading one flew over the cuckoo's nest for the first time now. never seen the moofie, cant wait to watch it.
01:58pm 16/04/18 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
26362 posts
It's a classic for pretty good reason.
02:00pm 16/04/18 Permalink
Steve Farrelly
AusGamers Editor
Sydney, New South Wales
7646 posts
Oh man, I loved R. Lee Ermey. Not just for FMJ, but his other roles. He was fantastic for his little time in Se7en and in Toy Story. Such a great presence.
02:37pm 16/04/18 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
41083 posts
im reading one flew over the cuckoo's nest for the first time now. never seen the moofie, cant wait to watch it.

not wanting to be that guy, but the moofie pales next to the book. so much stuff removed or changed :(

extremely disappointing.

from imdb

Author Ken Kesey was so bitter about the way the filmmakers were "butchering" his story, that he vowed never to watch the completed film, and even sued the movie's producers, because it wasn't shown from Chief Bromden's perspective (as the novel is). Years later, he claimed to be lying in bed flipping through television channels, when he settled onto a late-night movie that looked sort of interesting, only to realize after a few minutes that it was this film. He then changed channels.
05:57pm 14/05/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:57pm 14/05/18 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.