We take Spidey for a websling through the Big Apple. How does it fare in the superhero gaming space? Click through for more!
Hands-On with Spider-Man - Arkham by Day?
Those familiar with the Plantronics line will no doubt be pleased to learn that the new RIG 500 features excellent audio response.
Plantronics RIG 500 Pro Esports Edition Review
We go behind the scenes of Wargaming's World of Warships to discuss the process behind bringing historical vessels into the game.
The Story Behind Bringing Naval History into World of Warships
The new HTC Vive Pro offers improved VR image quality with a new notable issues.
HTC Vive Pro Review - Premium VR
New online multiplayer game - Dreadnought
BladeRunner
Queensland
2841 posts
So I noticed one of the youtubers I follow post a video on this game Dreadnought. I don't remember seeing much about it before this. I thought I would give it a go and it's alright. Its a match style game kinda like World of Tanks, having 10 people per side fighting to reach the 100 points to win the match.

Anyone else playing it?
08:46pm 08/03/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:46pm 08/03/18 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12330 posts
Probably has potential, will keep an eye on it. WOWS in space ships. Pretty much everything on YouTube so far has been "I have been paid by the developer to tell you about this game". Would probably make more sense to me if there was much more open space combat, but then people would whine about cover.
04:49pm 09/03/18 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2842 posts
I've played a few rounds so far and it's not too bad, Need a bit more customisation in regards to weapons. Right now you can't change your ships primary weapon. Upgrades for abilities just make them better, not different. Perhaps later on they will flesh it out more. Having choice for these things would make the game a bit more dynamic.

Not sure how well it would work in space, cover is good to have but the tutorial is set in space though. The way it is now is fine to play if you want to see what it's like or if you're bored of WOWS/WOT etc. I think at the moment, they add bots into game because of the lack of players, which is good. I did the best in the last game, with the healing ship.

Edit: There is a space map, I just played on it. It's really no different than playing on a land map but you can go under objects. Lots of space station thins and asteroids for cover, Looks cool.

https://i.imgur.com/MuQCJLG.jpg
06:12pm 09/03/18 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16850 posts
They lost me at Healer ships.
03:58pm 10/03/18 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12331 posts
They lost me at Healer ships.
Eh plenty of Internet space games have healing ships. I mean look at Eve Online, when it comes to Internet spaceship business it doesn't really get any bigger. I've sat for hours in a capital slugging it out against hundred's on the other side thanks to healing ships...thank f*** for down time and node crashes or it could have been days...
06:04pm 10/03/18 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2843 posts
Yeah, it seems a bit silly when I say it like that. In a game like Eve Online it's presented better, like energy transfer for shields or nanobots repair for armour or something. In this it's a bit more straight forward. Use energy beams to heal other ships. I'm at tier 2 right now. Facing other players, in tier 1 its easier because the game places you in battles with bots as well as 1 or 2 players.

Just like with any MOBA type of games where you have healing characters or in this case ships. Not many people want to go healer, I end up going healer because only 1 or none other people do. Player can switch to another ship type when they die, which is good, I started out as artillery in one game, died once, realised no one was healing so I went healer.

Its alright for something different. I'll keep playing it for a while. Waiting til World of tanks pushes out the 1.0 update then I'll play that....then get the s**** with it and quit it again.
01:20pm 11/03/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:20pm 11/03/18 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.