We journey deep into the forest in search of monsters. To hunt. And to find the right ingredients for a kick-ass stew.
Monster Hunter World Reviewed!
Join us as we bring you our countdown of the best videogame soundtracks of all time!
The Top 40 Game Soundtracks of All-Time
The sequel to Obsidian Entertainment's RPG hit drops in a few months, we set sail with an early preview build.
Pillars of Eternity II Hands-On, +1 High Seas Adventure
The PlayStation 2 classic gets the remake treatment, and looks simply stunning in 4K with HDR on a PlayStation 4 Pro.
A Classic Renewed - Shadow of the Colossus Review
SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket launch
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
12259 posts
This has been all over the news today, and many years in the making. Ol' Musky's private rocket company SpaceX successfully launched the Falcon Heavy rocket from Launch Complex 39A at Kennedy Space Center, Florida on Tuesday 6 February 2018. Elon's Tesla Roadster was the payload, with a dummy in a SpaceX Space Suit in the driver's seat, cruising on its way to Mars and the asteroid belt with David Bowie's "Starman" playing in the background.

The Falcon Heavy is the world's most powerful rocket, by a factor of two. Watch the video to see the two side boosters safely make it back to land at Landing Complex 1 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida. The center core was set to land on a drone ship at sea, but came down too hard.

Read more about the SpaceX Falcon Heavy on the SpaceX website:
http://www.spacex.com/falcon-heavy
03:25pm 07/02/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:25pm 07/02/18 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39458 posts
SO AWESOME.

I got up a bit late so missed the initial launch but managed to catch the two boosters landing side-by-side at the same time. Incredible. Would have been great if the main booster made it too but what an achievement.

Man they'll be using the photos from this launch for their PR for decades to come. Stunning!@#

(I love the Culture-inspired names of the drone ships)
04:21pm 07/02/18 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
9565 posts
Not gonna lie, I expected a crater.

That was so awesome. A million years from now when we're all dead and gone, some alien is going to rock up to Mars and go "WTF is this weird rectangular red thing orbiting our new home?"
06:48pm 07/02/18 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
40981 posts
what time do you get out of bed if you missed the launch!??!?!?!?

watched it before i headed off to work. FLIPPING AWESOME.
07:17pm 07/02/18 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2830 posts
I watched the take off on the news. Yay for space stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/F22GB5H.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/QcuKaOw.jpg
09:43pm 07/02/18 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
5152 posts
These guys amaze me. Just frigging awesome and cool. I mean, they launched a frigging Tesla Roadster into deep space pretty much because they could!. Love it :)
10:04am 08/02/18 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
12261 posts
11:44am 08/02/18 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
26230 posts
That live view from space is so damn cool.
06:09pm 08/02/18 Permalink
trillion
Ballarat, Victoria
4358 posts
that's incredible

have to wonder if the Roadster/Starman video stream will continue into the outer ellipse orbits
06:19pm 08/02/18 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39461 posts
photos from their flickr
07:35pm 08/02/18 Permalink
f**les
Brisbane, Queensland
6181 posts
I've been a huge fan(obsessed) of Elon and SpaceX for a few years now, has been super nerd tough waiting for Falcon Heavy to finally launch but it was well worth it.

Love how he is showing up the mega government rocket organisations on a comparatively small budget, especially when you consider his amazing achievements are not from silver bullets but by maximising technology, bloody hard work and huge motivation.

Simply does not take no for answer because every guru in the world says so, breaks problems down to the absolutes and works back up from there.(First principles)

Shame about the centre core but they weren't planning to reuse that particular stage anyway as it is a hybrid block 3/4 core, would have been nice to display the heavy like they did their first Falcon9 they landed.
10:52pm 08/02/18 Permalink
trillion
Ballarat, Victoria
4359 posts
there's probably only so many trophies they'd want to haul back and store in the foyer before the vibe was less forward thinking and more of a museum
11:34pm 08/02/18 Permalink
Psycho
Brisbane, Queensland
6333 posts
In the distant future I do hope that when humankind does step out into the Cosmos that the first viable planet we effectively colonise will be called 'Elon'. In honour of visionaries like this guy, plus it's such a f*****g cool name for a planet!

"Where are you from?" "Me?, I'm from Elon and where are you from my three eyed friend?"

Also David and Douglas would have been so chuffed to have been a small part of this.
12:11am 09/02/18 Permalink
foolix
Brisbane, Queensland
168 posts
watch this with headphones!!

02:21pm 09/02/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:21pm 09/02/18 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page