We go through some of the most impressive examples of the latest in display technology.
The Essential 4K Experiences
We sit down with Blizzard to talk about the Alliance, Horde, and Island Expeditions
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Interview
Retribution, the new PvE co-op mission now live in Overwatch finally delivers on the promise of fun story-based content.
Overwatch Retribution Delivers Fun PvE Story Content
Where we talk about lessons learned, the early experiments, and the evolution of PvE Overwatch.
Talking Overwatch Retribution with Game Director Jeff Kaplan
HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Mechanical Keyboard Review
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
3228 posts
Or very own Hogfather, Nathan McCarthy, is back with another hardware review this time for the excellent HyperX Alloy FPS Pro compact mechanical keyboard. Hot on the heels of the announcement of HyperX going RGB in 2018 - it's a friendly reminder that the hardware maker is a name to keep an eye on when it comes to PC peripherals.

When it comes to keyboards the HyperX Alloy FPS has a definite premium feel. From the moment you pick up the box there is a satisfactory feeling of weight and, well, permanence. This carries through to the keyboard itself – which for the price point, immediately raised my eyebrows. And for those that know me, it usually takes a bit to get those puppies moving.

Click Here to Read Our Full HyperX Alloy FPS Pro Mechanical Keyboard Review
03:05pm 10/01/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:05pm 10/01/18 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
21466 posts
are you sure it wasn't 9.4/10 hoggy?
01:57pm 11/01/18 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39411 posts
good review. getting more tempted to make the switch to mechanical but I really want to try one for a week before I drop so much money on a keyboard when my old trusty MS Comfort Curve 2000 is still kicking it strong
03:54pm 11/01/18 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
5150 posts
No numpad? Its not a laptop keyboard FFS.
Hoggy. Throw that POS straight to me and I'll take care of it lol
05:40pm 11/01/18 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16845 posts
No num pad is unusual to get used to for reals.

I got over it after a while, you dont lose any keys for no num pad and the increased desk real estate feels welcome. Its much less obtrusive on my desk without feeling like a mini to actually use. If you regularly do numerical data entry though you are still going to want a dedicated number pad.

Its definitely a controversial choice though. I think HyperX should have a full 104 key variant?

are you sure it wasn't 9.4/10 hoggy?

Nah Im feeling integery. 9 is nice and solid.
05:48pm 11/01/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:48pm 11/01/18 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.