We take the new Razer Blade and its impressive 4K screen for a spin.
Razer Blade Laptop Review - Portable 4K Gaming?
Underneath the shiny new visuals, Outcast remains pretty much the same. A cult classic.
Outcast: Second Contact Review - A Classic Reborn
We delve inside one of the region's most successful names in esports, the LG Dire Wolves.
Behind the Scenes with the LG Dire Wolves
Yes, the Formula 1 Esports Series World Championship Features Racing...
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
2881 posts
In the world of competitive esports, Formula 1 racing takes the seating and controller arrangements to the next level with customer racing chairs, steering wheel peripherals, and of course pedals. The first-ever Formula 1 Esports Series Finals will take place in Abu Dhabi on November 24 and 25, forming part of the 2017 FORMULA 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

With twenty F1 esports drivers competing for the crown. Here are a few images from the semi-finals held at London’s Gfinity Esports Arena.

In Abu Dhabi next month, after the three-race event concluded, the first Formula 1 Esports Series Champion will be crowned. Onn the same weekend as the final 2017 Formula 1 Grand Prix too. The winner will be the Formula 1 Esports Champion Expert for 2018, automatically qualify for the semi-finals next year, and also become a character in the F1 2018 game.

F1 2017 is available now.
11:50am 13/10/17 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:50am 13/10/17 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
26069 posts
Laugh if someone just wants to use their PS4 controller.
06:27pm 13/10/17 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
9514 posts
I absolutely insist that a wheel is not the most efficient control mechanism for driving games - a stick is. You get wayyyyy more precise control over input.
09:24pm 13/10/17 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
26071 posts
Depends on the wheel and the game.
09:29pm 13/10/17 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
40842 posts
cool vid!

id rather drive a car with the controller than a wheel, certainly more precise on the controller.
08:27pm 28/10/17 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
23932 posts
I absolutely insist that a wheel is not the most efficient control mechanism for driving games - a stick is. You get wayyyyy more precise control over input.

Depends on what the goal is, for people who are big into simracing its about re-creating the feeling of actually driving the car, so wheel and pedals and all that get you much closer than a stick or a controller does. They don't want it to be easier, they want it to be closer to realistic. If you're just a gamer at home playing Gran Turismo on your PS4 then yeah, that setup isn't really gonna be the best way to play for the vast majority of people
01:25am 29/10/17 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12279 posts
I found Project Cars on the XBONE didn't really favour controllers. Nothing I could do got the setup right.
03:55pm 29/10/17 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:55pm 29/10/17 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.