There’s definite substance below the shiny neon ‘80s surface.
Crossing Souls Review - Capturing the Feel of 80s Spielberg
The expansion to Civilization VI is available now, and it's a definite return to form. Our full review!
Civilization VI: Rise and Fall - A Golden Age for Simulation
We journey deep into the forest in search of monsters. To hunt. And to find the right ingredients for a kick-ass stew.
Monster Hunter World Reviewed!
Ubisoft hasn't given up on their epic origins opus yet. Or on its main character, Bayek, as we explore in this review of the first major DLC for the game.
Assassin's Creed Origins: The Hidden Ones Review!
Yes, the Formula 1 Esports Series World Championship Features Racing...
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
2881 posts
In the world of competitive esports, Formula 1 racing takes the seating and controller arrangements to the next level with customer racing chairs, steering wheel peripherals, and of course pedals. The first-ever Formula 1 Esports Series Finals will take place in Abu Dhabi on November 24 and 25, forming part of the 2017 FORMULA 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

With twenty F1 esports drivers competing for the crown. Here are a few images from the semi-finals held at London’s Gfinity Esports Arena.

In Abu Dhabi next month, after the three-race event concluded, the first Formula 1 Esports Series Champion will be crowned. Onn the same weekend as the final 2017 Formula 1 Grand Prix too. The winner will be the Formula 1 Esports Champion Expert for 2018, automatically qualify for the semi-finals next year, and also become a character in the F1 2018 game.

F1 2017 is available now.
11:50am 13/10/17 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:50am 13/10/17 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
26069 posts
Laugh if someone just wants to use their PS4 controller.
06:27pm 13/10/17 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
9514 posts
I absolutely insist that a wheel is not the most efficient control mechanism for driving games - a stick is. You get wayyyyy more precise control over input.
09:24pm 13/10/17 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
26071 posts
Depends on the wheel and the game.
09:29pm 13/10/17 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
40842 posts
cool vid!

id rather drive a car with the controller than a wheel, certainly more precise on the controller.
08:27pm 28/10/17 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
23932 posts
I absolutely insist that a wheel is not the most efficient control mechanism for driving games - a stick is. You get wayyyyy more precise control over input.

Depends on what the goal is, for people who are big into simracing its about re-creating the feeling of actually driving the car, so wheel and pedals and all that get you much closer than a stick or a controller does. They don't want it to be easier, they want it to be closer to realistic. If you're just a gamer at home playing Gran Turismo on your PS4 then yeah, that setup isn't really gonna be the best way to play for the vast majority of people
01:25am 29/10/17 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12279 posts
I found Project Cars on the XBONE didn't really favour controllers. Nothing I could do got the setup right.
03:55pm 29/10/17 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:55pm 29/10/17 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.