We take the new Razer Blade and its impressive 4K screen for a spin.
Razer Blade Laptop Review - Portable 4K Gaming?
Underneath the shiny new visuals, Outcast remains pretty much the same. A cult classic.
Outcast: Second Contact Review - A Classic Reborn
We delve inside one of the region's most successful names in esports, the LG Dire Wolves.
Behind the Scenes with the LG Dire Wolves
ASUS Cerberus Mech RGB Keyboard Review
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
2877 posts
A mechanical keyboard with RGB lighting? That can only mean one thing. A piece of kit aimed firmly at the gamer market. And the ASUS Cerberus Mech RGB is definitely a solid entry on that front, especially when you factor in that it weighs in at over 1.2kg. Great features, solid mechanical keys, and funky lights round out this very cool gaming keyboard.

Solid can often be sued to describe peripherals, which refers to build quality often citing weight. The ASUS Cerberus Mech RGB is not only solid, it’s the sort of keyboard that you’ll need two hands to even think about making it budge or move after it’s situated on a desk. Which is actually really impressive, because in the world of PC gaming tech keyboards are the only real items where a weight of well over 1kg makes any sort of sense.

The Cerberus has a great soft rubberised finish which helps amplify the RGB lighting. It’s a great feel that works well with the Kaihua mechanical switches. The extra weight and the quality switches, rated at 70-million-keystroke-lifespan, make for a great type. And an even better game.

Click Here to Read Our Full ASUS Cerberus Mech RGB Keyboard Review
04:12pm 12/10/17 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:12pm 12/10/17 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
9512 posts
When are keyboard manufacturers going to learn that if you give me an $80 keyboard with volume buttons, I'll take it over a $150 one?

It's practically the only reason I bought the K75 over cheaper models :(
10:06am 13/10/17 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16794 posts
I cant work without play/pause and volume keys
10:36am 13/10/17 Permalink
Strik3r
Brisbane, Queensland
2193 posts
I'm waiting for the Asus Horus GK2000 RGB to come out in Australia. I need my wrist pad!
11:21am 13/10/17 Permalink
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
2880 posts
Yep, I think one of the big things lacking in these gaming keyboards are proper wrist pads.... tried looking for a separate wrist pad the other day and couldn't find one...
11:37am 13/10/17 Permalink
Strik3r
Brisbane, Queensland
2194 posts
Any chance you can get ASUS to send you a reviewers copy of that ?? I'll gladly take it off your hands afterwards.

It's already available internationally. Thinking of getting it shipped here but gonna give it another couple of weeks to arrive locally.
11:59am 13/10/17 Permalink
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
2883 posts
Hey Strik3r... i'll ask :)
12:23pm 13/10/17 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16795 posts
Hey now, if there is loot going around we need to start looking at post counts and user ids I think!
12:30pm 13/10/17 Permalink
Strik3r
Brisbane, Queensland
2195 posts
I've always said you were a stand up bloke Kosta!

quality > quantity hoggy :P
12:50pm 13/10/17 Permalink
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
2885 posts
Hah! Actually with the number of hardware partners we've got at the moment. If anyone is keen on actually reviewing peripherals and PC hardware let me know.
12:50pm 13/10/17 Permalink
Steve Farrelly
AusGamers Editor
Sydney, New South Wales
7506 posts
This ^^

Seriously guys, don't be afraid to put your hand up!
01:41pm 13/10/17 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
829 posts
I'm waiting for a low profile, low key-profile mech keyboard. A few manufacturers are about to come out with them...

This ^^

Seriously guys, don't be afraid to put your hand up!

Yep! Sign me up. What hardware specifically?

My brother would be interested in mechanical keyboards, he loves em for some reason.
03:43pm 13/10/17 Permalink
Strik3r
Brisbane, Queensland
2196 posts
@Kosta - I have a full Asus Aura RGB system (case, mobo, ram, gfx all aura enabled) that I have just built, so if you can get a Horus for me to review, I can do a thorough job.
04:16pm 13/10/17 Permalink
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
2893 posts
Awesome... Striker I've put in a request as that sounds right up your alley... Greazy, mech keyboards shouldn't be problem either... HyperX are coming out with a low profile one soon... anyone interested drop me an email at kosta[at]ausgamers.com

This can extend to everything from peripherals to cases to cooling to perhaps even components and storage too

Then we can build a AsuGamers hardware review powerhouse together! :)
04:51pm 13/10/17 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:51pm 13/10/17 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.