Researching the world of Warhammer proved to be somewhat similar to their deep dives into real world history. Creative Assembly open up about the latest Total War.
Talking Total War Warhammer II with Creative Assembly
The looming Darkness has not consumed Bungie at this point in time. Quite the contrary. Destiny 2 is the glorious self-rez fans have been praying for.
Out of Orbit - Our Full and Complete Destiny 2 Review
With the NES emulator naming of 'flog' it showcases the ability for the Switch to play NES games. But, it also raises the question of - why?
The Heart-Warming Story Behind the Switch's Hidden NES Golf Game
Having recently entered the Early Access stage of development, we go hands-on with the latest build of id Software's Quake Champions.
Fraggin' Good Times - Hands-On with Quake Champions
Places to buy a new gaming PC?
Taipan
USA
5009 posts
Hi guys its been a while.

I am completely out of the loop with the PC situation back in Brisbane these days as I am still living in the US. However my son is still in Brisbane and wants to get himself a PC that capable of running a few games such as the latest stuff from the Total War series and more than likely the odd FPS as well without breaking the bank.

Now in the past I would have just gone and seen Hermi or Koopz to sort me out but Hermi seems to have completely dropped out of sight. I used to know most of the guys at Computer Alliance and that's where I would get all my new stuff from, but that was years ago. So if any of you have any suggestions I could pass on to my son on where to go that is reputable and well priced Id appreciate hearing from you.

Basic criteria

Cost $1,000 - $2,000 (yeah I know that's quite a range)
Must run Games such as Total War's latest title pretty much flawlessly

Thanks guys
02:08pm 11/09/17 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:08pm 11/09/17 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
23897 posts
Computer Alliance is probably still the best if you want to go in and sit down with a sales guy and plan your build and figure out what to get. Places like Umart or Msy are cheaper, but thats really more of an order what you want off the website then go in to pick it up type deal, not so big on the customer service.
02:26pm 11/09/17 Permalink
Taipan
USA
5010 posts
I recall guys griping about Umart some years ago about them being a royal pain in the ass when replacing faulty hardware that was DOA. Have you heard much in recent times Khel?
02:37pm 11/09/17 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
6607 posts
I bought my computer from Umart a few months ago. I'm lucky I havent had anything wrong with it. But i still find them ok.
02:43pm 11/09/17 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
23763 posts
I use Computer Alliance nowadays over MSY because their service department is very good.
02:44pm 11/09/17 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
26030 posts
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/ is a really great site to get started on. Allows you to pick parts and then the site will automatically find the cheapest retailer to buy from.

Here is a good build for what's in your price range. However AMD are an option for a CPU nowadays so you may be able to save some money there. I'd probably add a 4TB'ish HDD to that setup as well.
02:45pm 11/09/17 Permalink
Taipan
USA
5011 posts
Thanks

You probably all gathered thus far that like me he isn't tech savvy so building one himself is simply not going to happen :)

(edit) DO we have any of the Tech's from computer alliance on QGL these days?
02:51pm 11/09/17 Permalink
Reverend
Gold Coast, Queensland
2134 posts
Where is KoopZ !!!
04:12pm 11/09/17 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
11674 posts
DO we have any of the Tech's from computer alliance on QGL these days?
Heh, i remember when we had techs from almost all the main PC shops in brisbane on here back in the day

CA, Global, Gamedude, QCG...
08:54pm 11/09/17 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
40798 posts
Koopz has disappeared from everywhere.

I use umart. U can go in and talk to them, but they can be busy.

Ive totally given up on msy as they are f*****g useless.
08:55am 12/09/17 Permalink
Taipan
USA
5012 posts
Where is KoopZ !!!

With 4 daughters he is probably a bit busy

Thanks for your thoughts guys, much appreciated. My boy is probably going to give CA a shout and see what they can do for him. Bit of a shame I don't know any Techs there anymore as Id rather speak to one of them any day over a sales person.
09:34am 12/09/17 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
23764 posts
koopz descended into madness.
10:15am 12/09/17 Permalink
trillion
Ballarat, Victoria
4315 posts
12:06pm 12/09/17 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2771 posts
Mister fancy water cooling over here lol. Nice setup. Looks messy, as it should.
01:08pm 12/09/17 Permalink
taggs
6509 posts
I bought my last PC online off pccasegear.com.au and had it shipped preassembled. Probably paid a bit of a premium but super convenient. Would prob do again.
02:50pm 12/09/17 Permalink
trillion
Ballarat, Victoria
4316 posts
it's a little bit fancy
05:25pm 12/09/17 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:25pm 12/09/17 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page