Researching the world of Warhammer proved to be somewhat similar to their deep dives into real world history. Creative Assembly open up about the latest Total War.
Talking Total War Warhammer II with Creative Assembly
The looming Darkness has not consumed Bungie at this point in time. Quite the contrary. Destiny 2 is the glorious self-rez fans have been praying for.
Out of Orbit - Our Full and Complete Destiny 2 Review
With the NES emulator naming of 'flog' it showcases the ability for the Switch to play NES games. But, it also raises the question of - why?
The Heart-Warming Story Behind the Hidden NES Golf Game in Every
Having recently entered the Early Access stage of development, we go hands-on with the latest build of id Software's Quake Champions.
Fraggin' Good Times - Hands-On with Quake Champions
Songbringer the Zelda-like Indie from One Man Dev Team Now Available...
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
2695 posts
Songbringer from Wizard Fu Games (Nathanael Weiss) is now available on PS4. Already out via Steam and GOG, the sci-fi psychedelic action-RPG is reminiscent of classic top-down Zelda. Nintendo by the way of the Star Wars Cantina. It looks awesome, which makes the fact that it comes from a one man studio all the more impressive. We're actually playing it at the moment (be quite Destiny, we'll get back to you!) and loving how strange and familiar it is.

Check out the launch trailer.

Songbringer is an action RPG inspired by the original Zelda with real time combat, a wide range of weapons and a ton of hidden secrets. World maps are generated from a 6-letter world seed, which determines the layout of the overworld and dungeons.

Players guide Roq, a space-faring planetary surveyor who wakes up shirtless on a strange planet. With the help of robot companion Jib, it’s Roq’s job to piece together what’s happened and save the universe from the evil, ancient army he’s accidentally awoken... by stealing their Nanosword.

Only by exploring the harsh world of Ekzera, mastering the dungeons and defeating its fearsome bosses will Roq unlock the secrets of his power and return the galaxy to peace. Along the way he will uncover powerful artifacts and forge them anew, and use the Nanosword to crush galactic giants.

One of the cool features is that it supports local co-op, which is always welcome.
01:02pm 06/09/17 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:02pm 06/09/17 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
12211 posts
Wow, this looks so good. I love these small team indie games, or one man as the case may be. I would love to make something by myself in the future. I have a few ideas.
06:33pm 08/09/17 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
796 posts
This looks great, but... f*****g pixel art. I really dislike it.

The animation is great, they clearly spent time and energy on it. Go a bit further add more pixels, f***.
08:37pm 09/09/17 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:37pm 09/09/17 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.