Underneath the shiny new visuals, Outcast remains pretty much the same. A cult classic.
Outcast: Second Contact Review - A Classic Reborn
We delve inside one of the region's most successful names in esports, the LG Dire Wolves.
Behind the Scenes with the LG Dire Wolves
We talk recent trends with Twitter, who had the data to back up the exponential growth we've seen in competitive esports.
Twitter and the Rise of Esports
After a month of 4K gaming, HDR goodness, we give you our take on the 'World's Most Powerful Console'
Xbox One X - Our Full Review!
F*&^ You Liberals - NBN is a mess
notgreazy
Other International
745 posts
Yeah, another NBN thread. I gotta rant though.

I was up in Darwin where true NBN exited (FTTP). I've moved down to SEQ and FTTN seems to be ubiquitous, unfortunately I never realised that FTTN requires it's own special modem. My current TP-Link modem may or may not work because I'm finding mixed information on the router.

I never realised how much of a clusterf*** this is.

God damn the f*****g liberals.
03:37pm 28/07/17 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:37pm 28/07/17 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
40706 posts
im super excited about NBN, as my suburb has gone from not being on the map to getting it early next year.

buying a modem is nothing, its a once off purchase.
03:49pm 28/07/17 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
746 posts
im super excited about NBN, as my suburb has gone from not being on the map to getting it early next year.

buying a modem is nothing, its a once off purchase.

I already have a f*****g modem that does ADSL and NBN. It's dumb.

You would have probably gotten FTTP before this. I was getting sweet speeds and ping in Darwin.

IN DARWIN! and here I am in city with a population that's quadruple the size of Darwin and I get worse speeds and ping.

Also this thread is about Liberals ruining NBN. Not about the NBN directly. I thought you'd be well into ripping the Libs SPook!
03:56pm 28/07/17 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
40707 posts
yer, of course the libs are completely terribad.

i was just excited that after going form no nbn ever, to getting it next year.

i currently have 100mbs cable, but its upstream is so completely useless, i cant wait to get NBN!!!!!
04:05pm 28/07/17 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
19110 posts

i currently have 100mbs cable, but its upstream is so completely useless, i cant wait to get NBN!!!!!

you're effectively already on the NBN.
04:09pm 28/07/17 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
40708 posts
nah, even with useless nbn, upstream is better.

i have a lot of socials to manage and waiting for my hi-larious holiday photo uploads is a pain in the bottom.
04:12pm 28/07/17 Permalink
Geezer
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1 posts
not really ya f***** dolty sack of potatoes :) it depends on the area. it's just ignorant to assume otherwise

have a client at work who just got FTTP installed in Coomera and she's pretty happy with it. it's not a half measure telco owned circuit with a coax leadin, it's the yellow coated fibre s*** into the NTU that's installed in the home office and not in the garage or next to the mains breaker cabinet

report was that throughput was a bit s***, but she's tech numpty and hasn't heard of a wifi repeater or powerline adapters. i guess that it might be the routing or the area's data transit infrastructure that's old af Gigabit transit and it's gets smashed with all the other recent installs going in, why slap in $$$,$$$ costing powered fibre cabinets when they can just over provision a single one and run FTTP to the endpoints? as long as the customer can see it's legit FTTP NBNCo don't have to buy the s*** out of expensey af trunking gear to fulfill the capacity immediately

i've seen other NBNCo NTU installs in development builds along the southern M1 region near Coomera too, so the FTTP is there it's just not retroactively being provisioned to be optioned alongside or completely replace the telco circuits in s***hole suburban dumps

if you consider it from a capacity planning perspective for NBNCo, it makes sense not to install and disrupt services en mass on the existing telco circuits of the slaves paying the interest on the loan but to new developments and enclaves, where the people who pay their bills live or will be soon anyway
04:49pm 28/07/17 Permalink
Vash
5472 posts
yer, of course the libs are completely terribad.

I thought places with Optus/Telstra HFC are getting NBN HFC which is barely an improvement for upload speeds?
04:58pm 28/07/17 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
23839 posts
Always gotta be one old geezer working hard to try and justify the clusterf*** the libs have made of the NBN
05:03pm 28/07/17 Permalink
Geezer
2 posts

apparently it's only a clusterf*** if it's not available and you have one of those munty NBN-ready modems just begging for a plug in

you don't see Spook bemoaning the scheme
05:13pm 28/07/17 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
4031 posts

apparently it's only a clusterf*** if it's not available and you have one of those munty NBN-ready modems just begging for a plug in

you don't see Spook bemoaning the scheme
The difference is between FTTP and FTTN. FTTP is the old Labor unf***ed NBN and FTTN is the new ultra f***ed Liberal NBN.

If Spook was getting one of those s***** FTTN points which are looking to be worse than regular ADSL 2 then I bet he would be moaning.
05:30pm 28/07/17 Permalink
DecayingCorpse
Brisbane, Queensland
2285 posts
God damn the f*****g liberals.

Why are you god damning the libs?
Everyone knew the clusterf*** which was their comms policy.

Blame the great unwashed public, that voted them in TWICE. We got the government we deserved.
05:42pm 28/07/17 Permalink
Geezer
3 posts
so does the topic just make for a good old stompy politically slanted rant or is greezey just really a deep fried potatoe loving dolt?

basically all Libs can do with any competance is takeover and f*** s*** up. at least they only f*** s*** up for their other Liberal cohorts, which is thoughtful of them
05:44pm 28/07/17 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
12857 posts
I get a msg from TPG saying NBN will be here in October
I thought i will prolly just stay on the same plan which is
Optus $60 + bulls*** paper bill charge $4 landline included no calls
Speed near 30 mbps off peak 100 gig or something dunno never look at my usage

cheapest NBN plan $80 for 25 Mbps + theres a landline phone charge
So I will be paying more for less speed and extra phone chArges
but download is unlimited.

Theres a 2nd tier plan which is a gay 12mbps i think
WTF thats almost dial up speed
Maybe if i was 70 years old and checked email that would be good.

LABOR f***ed up The NBN by promising absolute bulls***
Then the Conservatives come in and sliced and diced to give us something affordable and less build time but with GAY PLANS
GAY GAY GAY GAY*

*Not that theres anything wrong with that.

Its another Mr Magoo screw up
GOD I HATE TURNBULL

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18620343_10211182414374436_2578956945644622512_n.jpg?oh=75077dfd789a6e317e99de3206d2015d&oe=59F0544F

last edited by FaceMan at 17:56:43 28/Jul/17
05:54pm 28/07/17 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
748 posts
not really ya f***** dolty sack of potatoes :) it depends on the area. it's just ignorant to assume otherwise

have a client at work who just got FTTP installed in Coomera and she's pretty happy with it. it's not a half measure telco owned circuit with a coax leadin, it's the yellow coated fibre s*** into the NTU that's installed in the home office and not in the garage or next to the mains breaker cabinet
Oh Coomera, that's great. I don't live in f*****g Coomera. I'm already clearly talking about FTTN contracts, not FTTP contracts. Of course I realise some areas are FTTP in SEQ. That's what makes it even more insane is that I can move an hour south and I need a different router.

How the hell do you not find that dumb?
06:03pm 28/07/17 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
749 posts

Why are you god damning the libs?
Everyone knew the clusterf*** which was their comms policy.

Blame the great unwashed public, that voted them in TWICE. We got the government we deserved.

:( Fair call. Fair call. I guess collectively all you f**** ARE TO BLAME.

WHAT THE F***.

F*** YOU ALL.

06:05pm 28/07/17 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
40710 posts
facey looking at worst nbn plans available and complaining.
06:12pm 28/07/17 Permalink
Geezer
4 posts
if you look back at how the NBNCo administration have funded and managed the provisioning among private investors, ever since it was politicised for votes in 2008 or so it's lost any of the pumped up expectations and unless you've been living on mobile you'd expect that the scheme was going to become a corporate telco handoff for service provisioning

the only regions who could be salty are maybe Trunbulls rural neighbours who had to hear about the rocket launching the magical NBN Satellite for Ozemail-azing 6Mbps future of bandwidth has arrived BS

oh the dinosaur even went to the trouble of taking a Lateline interview banging on about it's amazingness

when he's waxing lyrical and is just the face of a French satellite launch company with the NBNCo contract, all his neighbours lost

it's hard not to love watching a launch though

meh

last edited by Geezer at 18:32:49 28/Jul/17

last edited by Geezer at 18:34:15 28/Jul/17
06:25pm 28/07/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39087 posts
That's what my mate thought and now he's on the NBN and gets reasonably fast download speeds but way more packetloss which makes playing games suck. He was forcibly transitioned off slow but reliable DSL. So not sure how much I'd be looking forward to it yet, unless your current Internet is truly terrible.
07:31pm 28/07/17 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
23840 posts
I can't even tell who is arguing what in this thread anymore, regardless of who's fault it is though, it's pretty clear to see we've ended up with a pretty poor end product. With all the extra work they've had to do laying new HFC and even new copper, they may as well just have laid fibre from the start.

At the rate technology is evolving, by the time the NBN is finished in 2020 (if it is), they'll have to start making plans to upgrade it. The bare minimum, to stream 4k Ultra HD video is 25mbps (from Netflix) and that's currently the maximum they promise on some connections. And that's not some future thing, that's right now, it struggles to meet the demands placed on it right now, let alone in the future.
07:32pm 28/07/17 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
750 posts
Nobody is arguing with anyone khel. I actually think nobody is even responding to anyone directly.

We are all confused and angry and we're all shouting at the sky.

I only just learned about HFC. Oh my.
07:57pm 28/07/17 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
7678 posts
08:03pm 28/07/17 Permalink
trillion
Ballarat, Victoria
4238 posts
should have been the OP context link

the rhetoric is not surprising really given the age, she'd probably be just as effective as a body double for Quentin Bryce if she wasn't a media muppet
09:43pm 28/07/17 Permalink
Psycho
Brisbane, Queensland
6296 posts
I finally got NBN last Thursday, went with Aussiebroadband who have been amazing. Bought a nice top of the line recommended router and a 100/40 plan...getting sweet performance, even in the so called peak periods. Sitting nicely on @ 95/38 generally So sweet to finally stream stuff at 1080p with no buffering etc everyone in the house can use the network and no one yells out, "who's downloading stuff?!" anymore.... Couldn't be happier. Compared to my previous ADSL it's like star trek tech for me now. :) Online Game performance is a LOT better...maybe I just got lucky finally.

last edited by Psycho at 22:53:09 28/Jul/17
10:51pm 28/07/17 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12233 posts

I've got FTTN. Best I can get is 30Mbps down (so 6Mbps better off than ADSL). I'm actually close enough to the pillar and node to get At least 75-80 in theory (via a DBYD request), but due to how they've looped the copper at the joins and things like that (NBN tech was telling me), they've added around 350m extra to my line length...f*****g FTTN. Whatever c*** brought that s*** in needs a good kick in the head.
10:57pm 28/07/17 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
40711 posts
also facey, you can turn off paper bills for optus, just go into your account and say "no more paper" at the computer.
06:32am 29/07/17 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
21314 posts
Lol the nbn is a mess because of a modem?

Drama queen
06:54am 29/07/17 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7713 posts
09:27am 29/07/17 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
12858 posts
Spook I dont allow Telstra or Optus access to my Bank Account.
Both have stuffed up my billing more than once

Once they can siphon money out you get poorer customer service.
I cant deal with phoning India and having to translate when there is a problem.

I think Im going to go with TPG.
Ive never not had Cable Internet and I better get at least 20mbps or MY GOD THERE IS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A RECKONING
10:50am 29/07/17 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2736 posts
Still on ADSL2 off-net. I am worried about the NBN with the stuff I see on the news and online. I don't expect too much from it, except to be better than what I have. I am with Belong and they are a sub of Telstra. I pay 70 a month for 500gb which is pretty good. I just looked on their site about NBN and I could get Unlimited data, 25/5 speed, 12 month contract with free modem for $75 a month. I am assuming that it will be better actual real world speed than what I get now, the maximum for ADSL2 off net is like 20mbs, I get about 14-15, which I assume is because of distance to the exchange?
11:00am 29/07/17 Permalink
trillion
Ballarat, Victoria
4239 posts
he's finding mixed whingey information about his modem that confirms being a potatoe is different than a pear and it's terribly confusing alright paveway

don't laugh at the potatoe you insensitive clod
11:05am 29/07/17 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
40713 posts
Spook I dont allow Telstra or Optus access to my Bank Account.
Both have stuffed up my billing more than once

Once they can siphon money out you get poorer customer service.
I cant deal with phoning India and having to translate when there is a problem.

YES!!!! FIGHT THE CONVENIENCE!!!!
12:46pm 29/07/17 Permalink
meh
Brisbane, Queensland
38 posts
Yep agree, im happy with the NBN.

92mbs downloads 35mbs uploads @ speedtest.net consistently.

Telstra NBN fastest plan available $110 per month.

still 8x times faster than my old ADSL2 plan and only $30 a month /$7 a week more...

although I've seen the NZ speeds, sitting around 250mbs downloads.. Aussie internet still needs some work.
01:39pm 29/07/17 Permalink
trillion
Ballarat, Victoria
4240 posts
the maldies bro's are too busy out poaching paua or flying back and forth on Jetstar to spend time saturating the networks with Netflux un chull bru
02:32pm 29/07/17 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
12859 posts
problems in PommyLand too
Nearly seven million households should be given refunds on their broadband bills because they are not getting the designated minimum speed, MPs said yesterday.

Their cross-party committee said 6.7million of the country’s 22million broadband connections were slower than the proposed minimum download of 10 megabits per second. It also found that fewer than half of all connections were ‘superfast’ – above 24 megabits.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4741408/Millions-homes-cash-refund-broadband.html#ixzz4oC8DeMxH
03:17pm 29/07/17 Permalink
Psycho
Brisbane, Queensland
6297 posts

last edited by Psycho at 16:21:30 29/Jul/17
04:20pm 29/07/17 Permalink
Viper119
Other International
3294 posts
It's ridiculous how bat s*** backwards Australia is sometimes.
05:46pm 29/07/17 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12235 posts

I am assuming that it will be better actual real world speed than what I get now, the maximum for ADSL2 off net is like 20mbs, I get about 14-15, which I assume is because of distance to the exchange?
Well, not necessarily. It depends. If you're in a FTTH or HFC then yes, you should get a much better experience (assuming your RSP is not under subscribing on CVC capacity to boost profit margins).

If you're in a FTTN area it is all based off your distance to the pillar and then from the pillar to the node. On top of that in FTTN areas they need to maintain ADSL backward comparability for 18 months, so for the first 18 months you might actually get slower speeds than your ADSL service (depending on your line length). Your uploads will be much better than before though, ADSL services were capped at 1Mbps so unless you get a 12/1 plan you will see at least a 5x improvement in your upload speed.

After 18 months the govt. guarantees you will get at least a 25Mbps sync rate (not real world download performance), but that is all they will guarantee. If you're in a FTTN area you will never see any improvement beyond 100/40 plans either (some right on the node will be able to get 130Mbps or something like that), at least not until they move you to FTTC. Once you go to FTTC you will be able to get up to 200Mbps down. People will HFC will be able to get 1Gbps and people with FTTH....well....the sky is the limit really compared to what anyone with FTTN will ever see.

last edited by Twisted at 20:11:07 29/Jul/17
08:10pm 29/07/17 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
23740 posts
NBN should never have been built.
09:13pm 29/07/17 Permalink
Insom
Brisbane, Queensland
4611 posts
12 megabits should be enough for anybody
04:59pm 30/07/17 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
18412 posts
I have FTTP at my house. 100/40. It's so nice.

NBN should never have been built.

You clearly have no idea the amount of data people currently use and will be using in the short future. Not everyone lives like you Infi.

Having a decent upload bandwidth has been so damn useful, my personal and professional reasons.

last edited by Tollaz0r! at 17:15:11 30/Jul/17
05:13pm 30/07/17 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
23743 posts
I have FTTP at my house. 100/40. It's so nice.

You clearly have no idea the amount of data people currently use and will be using in the short future. Not everyone lives like you Infi.

Having a decent upload bandwidth has been so damn useful, my personal and professional reasons.

last edited by Tollaz0r! at 17:15:11 30/Jul/17

I have 100mb telstra HFC, and before that I had Optus HFC. I researched my residences before I bought. The market should have been allowed to sort this one out, just like they did with mobile towers.
05:20pm 30/07/17 Permalink
Vash
5473 posts
The market had plenty of time to step in, Infi. They didn't. So it's the Government's job to get it done.
06:05pm 30/07/17 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
12862 posts
I think Wireless will be the Future.
Speeds just keep increasing.

hey what happens with my Foxtel ?
Does that come down the NBN ?

06:19pm 30/07/17 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
18413 posts

I have 100mb telstra HFC, and before that I had Optus HFC. I researched my residences before I bought. The market should have been allowed to sort this one out, just like they did with mobile towers.

No, no I don't think the market should for this one. Having a solid high speed internet connection is becoming more and more required for 1st world living, it will quite likely contribute significantly to socioeconomic inequality in less than a decade if connection quality is too varied. It already causes problems in remote/rural areas, the market certainly isn't sorting that out .. kind of like how rural areas were ignored with mobile towers.

The irony being that if the staunch had of just accepted that from the start, the FTTP NBN would still be happening and such foreseeable waste that is FTTN would not have happened.

Also, lol at "I have 100mb telstra HFC, and before that I had Optus HFC. I researched my residences before I bought." AKA, 'I could afford it, so what's the problem?'

last edited by Tollaz0r! at 18:24:46 30/Jul/17
06:23pm 30/07/17 Permalink
Insom
Brisbane, Queensland
4612 posts
the original promise of the NBN was not so much about faster movie downloads (although there is that) but a root and branches replacement of the ageing copper network

assuming that's a worthwhile objective I'm not sure how you achieve it in a purely market driven way
06:33pm 30/07/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39090 posts
Just started a Dota game with my NBN mate (staggrr) I mentioned above and was literally just about to ask him if he'd seen any improvement and he dropped out of Skype and disconnected

Basically the situation we have now is the worst of both worlds - we have the market trying to operate rationally but they can't because there's too much government intervention. But the government can't operate in the way it needs to because it will f*** up the market and the companies that are trying to operate.

Long-term readers might remember my suggestion from like 10 years ago that the government should have bought back Telstra :D
08:34pm 30/07/17 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12236 posts

the original promise of the NBN was not so much about faster movie downloads (although there is that) but a root and branches replacement of the ageing copper network
I think faster downloads is what people have really focused on. For me...my downloads are 5x better than they were, but my uploads are 20x quicker. In my case this is a game changer, 40x quicker would have been better but gone are the days where I have to maintain a 4G account just for uploading data files and work. Things like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. all become instantly usable again for collaboration.
09:40pm 30/07/17 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
23844 posts
I also think people focus far too much on the now, it was not meant to be a broadband network for now, it was meant to be a broadband network for the future. Just look at how much more we do with broadband now than we did 5 years ago, and s*** like this increases exponentially so how much more are people going to be doing in 5 years from now? And how can this NBN possibly hope to cope with it?
10:40pm 30/07/17 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
40715 posts

you can get foxtel down the intenrets tubes.
05:47am 31/07/17 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
751 posts
I am glad a lot of people are chiming in to say how much they love their awesome NBN speeds (FTTP). This is what we should have been getting.
07:08am 31/07/17 Permalink
Arpey
New South Wales
180 posts
The problem as I see it is that people treat the internet like it's a luxury on par with pay TV when it's really an essential like water and electricity. Unfortunately the policy makers are all too old to see this is true and will just continue half-arsed internet rollout until they are replaced by people not blinkered by their childhoods huddled around the wireless listening to big band music.
10:50am 31/07/17 Permalink
Obes
Brisbane, Queensland
10635 posts

They turn off DOCSIS, but Foxtel keeps coming down the cable. That's what happened here.
04:33pm 31/07/17 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
25950 posts
AKA, 'I could afford it, so what's the problem?'
AKA f*** you, got mine.
05:54pm 31/07/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39091 posts
The problem as I see it is that people treat the internet like it's a luxury on par with pay TV when it's really an essential like water and electricity.
I think /Internet/ is an essential service (communication), but I don't think I agree that fibre performance-level Internet is essential. One of my (many) original complaints against the NBN was that it was far more important to provide everyone with a solid and reliable base level of Internet access first than making sure everyone had fibre.

I would encourage people to think about this in a "holistic" manner - what services do you think government should provide in order to maintain a base level of civilisation and comfort for its citizens? Thinking about it like this and trying to think about it consistently has basically informed my (current) entire political outlook!

If it's an essential service that you think the government is responsible for providing, you need to consider what other services the government needs to provide - for example, electricity, water, sewage, healthcare, education, etc - and their relative importance.

Internet is a little bit different to many of these because /some/ Internet is actually still really really useful. A kid living in the outback with a crappy wireless connection might not be able to stream Game of Thrones, but they can download a programming tutorial and create the next Angry Birds. This is (loosely) why I think the NBNs priorities are wrong.
05:59pm 31/07/17 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
40717 posts
AKA, 'I could afford it, so what's the problem?'
AKA f*** you, got mine.

you probs dont see infi facebook mode, but omg, hes got a heap of mates and relations that are EXACTLY THE SAME as him.

they get together and beat poor ppl and feel good about it!
06:45pm 31/07/17 Permalink
Slappercx
Brisbane, Queensland
1985 posts
Rocking 100/40 with Australian Online, No issues for me even during peak times : ) .

#oneoftheluckyones
11:06am 02/08/17 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
11650 posts
FTTP here, i was happy with my adsl though, now i just pay more and use more power because i have to power their silly box as well as the modem
http://www.speedtest.net/result/6505055288.png
11:52am 02/08/17 Permalink
Ickus
Perth, Western Australia
613 posts
For me one of the big benefits of original NBN was to be the equalisation of service levels.

None of this crap up to X or Y depending on where your house happens to be, what the copper is like in your street or bad house wiring.

FTTN s**** all over any concept of service level equalisation as you can go from people with 100Mbps sync to people barely getting the 12Mbps minimum.

FTTC/dp goes a good way to making service levels a lot better across the board but is not being adopted by NBN enough, so it just makes a third type of maybe up to sometimes service.
12:29pm 02/08/17 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16767 posts
I think /Internet/ is an essential service (communication), but I don't think I agree that fibre performance-level Internet is essential. One of my (many) original complaints against the NBN was that it was far more important to provide everyone with a solid and reliable base level of Internet access first than making sure everyone had fibre.

I work for an RSP and can pretty categorically state that there are issues with FTTN. If solid and reliable was the goal for FTTN then its a bit of a fail, I don't really see what option there'd be than FTTP for that benchmark.

We now have a situation where the network is delivered via a s***load of technologies. Makes L1 support fun.

BTW nobody ever got back to me about wanting to advertise on here :(
12:41pm 02/08/17 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
754 posts
F***.

Needed a new router so I got one from office works. It was all good, I got connected, good... really good speedtest results. >35mbps on 50/20 connection. But then streaming and skype issues appeared. Every 5-10 there would be a drop or a stopage of internet access. I would get a DNS not found error. Looked at the router stats and the SNR Margin (I think) is really low, at 6dB. So now I have the curse of good speeds but constant dropouts.

I think I agree with Trog, a stable reliable connection should be the goal of NBN. But I'd like to add: consistency of technology used to power the internet should account for something. I Imagine having to upgrade 5 different technologies is more complicated and expensive than having to upgrade just 1 type.
12:45pm 02/08/17 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12237 posts

For me one of the big benefits of original NBN was to be the equalisation of service levels.

None of this crap up to X or Y depending on where your house happens to be, what the copper is like in your street or bad house wiring.

FTTN s**** all over any concept of service level equalisation as you can go from people with 100Mbps sync to people barely getting the 12Mbps minimum.
Too right. Further into the future as people become more data hungry and tech savvy you're going to have your house price knocked down a peg because you just happen to have gotten the s*** end of the FTTN stick. If I was buying a house with FTTN I would want to know attainable rates and then if the speeds were s*** I would be taking the cost of a technology switch out of my offer. No different to doing the same if the house needed a bit of repair/reno work done.
12:45pm 02/08/17 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
755 posts

Jesucristo Trog! you allow McRapeTheEarth to plaster this site with their s*** yet wont take money from a local company?!
12:52pm 02/08/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39103 posts
Too right. Further into the future as people become more data hungry and tech savvy you're going to have your house price knocked down a peg because you just happen to have gotten the s*** end of the FTTN stick. If I was buying a house with FTTN I would want to know attainable rates and then if the speeds were s*** I would be taking the cost of a technology switch out of my offer. No different to doing the same if the house needed a bit of repair/reno work done.
The problem is noone is EVER going to get a constant download speed from any service. The Internet is a series of tubes that connects all over the world through a zillion points and systems - one thing you use will give you a happy 100mbit download on your fat new fibre and another thing will give you 5mbit because that's just how you happen to be connected to it.

This has been a constant source of confusion for civilians the entire time I worked in Internet-stuff; they simply don't understand that because they once downloaded at a really fast speed, they can't always download at that speed.
I work for an RSP and can pretty categorically state that there are issues with FTTN. If solid and reliable was the goal for FTTN then its a bit of a fail, I don't really see what option there'd be than FTTP for that benchmark.
yep totally seems to be the case. I have no real skin in the game in FTTN vs FTTP debate, although I do think that the only thing worse than the NBN's FTTP proposal was the FTTN proposal.
:( I think a lot of things for AG are on autopilot since I "left" so no idea what is happening. Feel free to do a forum post tho & I'm sure it won't get blown away :D
05:29pm 02/08/17 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12239 posts

The problem is noone is EVER going to get a constant download speed from any service.
That goes without saying, Internet connections (any network really) by is going to operate in on demand bursts. Its more relevant when you have lots of people streaming content at the same time and I think it is becoming more of a norm for short bursts of furious activity to last for hours (6PM-10PM) as people consume more media streaming services like Stan, Netflix, YouTube, etc., and file content services like Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox. That's before you even add on porn, pirating, and all the other jazz. These are very real scenarios in a house with 2 adults and 4 teenagers :)

If you look at the Internet as a single single user single user point of view you would hardly ever require a 100/40 or above connection. Tell you what though, all these super fast speeds are turning people into digital hoarders.

last edited by Twisted at 21:33:07 02/Aug/17
09:31pm 02/08/17 Permalink
Psycho
Brisbane, Queensland
6298 posts
Saw an article recently of a guy that had two lines into his house, set up two broadband accounts and got them to shotgun in his router...consistently getting 190MBS download.

Hmmm, then I realised I have two lines into THIS house....hmmmm. Psycho might do something crwazy! "I feel the need, the need for speed!....."

Over here.
11:17pm 02/08/17 Permalink
jmr
Brisbane, Queensland
8301 posts
It's the backhaul that is going to be the issue, short run copper VDSL is fast as f***
08:40am 03/08/17 Permalink
WirlWind
Central Coast, New South Wales
1858 posts
I think Wireless will be the Future.
Speeds just keep increasing.

You can think all you want, wireless won't be the future for a number of reasons...

For a start, they don't just slap a dish in the ISP's yard and beam it out to everyone, they ALSO require a stable wired network.

On top of that, even if EVERYONE jumped on Wireless and somehow it worked without having a solid backbone network (spoiler: It wouldn't), the more people who use it, the slower it will get.

'Wireless is the future' is the call of the ignorant masses who don't know any better.
12:15pm 03/08/17 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
16769 posts
It's the backhaul that is going to be the issue, short run copper VDSL is fast as f***

Short run VDSL on good quality copper is, yes.

These things are not always true in our FTTN network though. The best bit is that coexistence with ADSL makes many people's NBN upgrade path a downgrade for 18 months until the ADSL is retired.

How was this not anticipated?
This has been a constant source of confusion for civilians the entire time I worked in Internet-stuff; they simply don't understand that because they once downloaded at a really fast speed, they can't always download at that speed.

Again, working for an RSP this is not my experience. Consumers very often come to us with speedtest results, or at the very least understand that if we do a test against a known good source that different content providers may have different speed.
02:17pm 03/08/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39108 posts
Again, working for an RSP this is not my experience. Consumers very often come to us with speedtest results, or at the very least understand that if we do a test against a known good source that different content providers may have different speed.
REALLY?!!! Because every time I dealt with a customer using Speedtest they had it 180 degrees the wrong way and Speedtest was only ever their rationale for why there was a problem. e.g., "Speedtest tells me I get 30Mbps [from this source that is one hop away from my modem that my ISP has thoughtfully placed there], and yet when I try to download a file [from dodgycyka.ru on the other side of the planet] I only get 25Mbps therefore your Internet is a piece of S***!"

Your customers must be way smarter :D
05:20pm 03/08/17 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12240 posts
According to NBN Co 70% of traffic is now video streaming and they expect it to jump up to around 80%. That's a lot of pr0n flying down the wire.
09:10pm 03/08/17 Permalink
pARODY
Brisbane, Queensland
1201 posts
12:11pm 04/08/17 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
762 posts
http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6511022382.png

Another successful FTTP installation!

Thanks Labor!
02:16pm 04/08/17 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
23850 posts
Heh, faster than 98% of the country
02:46pm 04/08/17 Permalink
Vash
5475 posts
First Gigabit plans down at the gong.

https://myrepublic.net/au/gigatown-2/

Quite reasonable pricing.
03:05pm 04/08/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39112 posts
Heh just started a Skype meeting with someone in Australia right now - their NBN Internet has been offline for a month so she's talking to me over 4G!
05:37pm 04/08/17 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12242 posts
http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6511700153.png

FTTN rocking it out. Currently 100/40 on a 1 month free trial with Aussie Broadband...trying to get someone in to rewire my house next week to get the DL's closer to 50 down. Have had some minor tweaks done by an NBN tech who came to fix the mess the last one left me with an open loop and no Internet/phone; that at least brought the speeds up from 30Mbps to 36Mbps. Have to change my plan over to 50/20 when I remember.

Thanks Malcolm and Tony...a*******s.

What is more depressing is that I'm faster than 91% of Australians apparently....
07:15pm 04/08/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39114 posts
Is your connection generally stable though Twister? i.e. no unusual dropped packets, mostly online, etc?
08:05pm 04/08/17 Permalink
BiKESEAT
Brisbane, Queensland
392 posts
It is a f*****g mess.

I got connected a month or so ago.

New house in a brownfield area. Never had a telstra line. The actual process of getting NBN to put a lead in wasn't so bad, took less than a week then another 4 for the tech to come back and jumper it.

The DYBD conduit lengths put me at 550m from the Node. The actual cable length according to the tech's tool is closer to 700m. The copper was so old at one point that he jumpered to he said "i've never seen this colour coding before, they didn't teach it when i did my training 10 years ago"

I sync at 60 down 16 up. It's remarkably stable given the 20 or so joints and very old cable, i had 29 days of uptime before I pulled the connection to pull a bit more cable through more from the pit and remove a joint in their boundary box.

My house is 170m from the boundary, so i run the modem out at the gate in an enclosure with fibre back to the house. If I hadn't of done that I'd be lucky to get 30mbit.

it's better than the 18 / 0.9 adsl, but my biggest concern is going forward - 10 years ago we had a 512k adsl line and 2 devices on wifi. Now I have 70 devices over 6 buildlings, 10 access points, 7 switches, 4 wireless bridges. Hows is 60mbit going to cope with that in a few years?

If FTTC becomes an upgrade option for $2k or less i'd jump on it. FTTH from where I am would be $20k+ so never an option.

last edited by BiKESEAT at 21:24:10 04/Aug/17
09:20pm 04/08/17 Permalink
BiKESEAT
Brisbane, Queensland
393 posts
Twisted you have some internal cabling issues based on your upload speed vs download.

Disconnect any extra sockets and run a single cat 6 cable from the entry point to the house to your connection point - it's not hard.
09:21pm 04/08/17 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12243 posts
Is your connection generally stable though Twister? i.e. no unusual dropped packets, mostly online, etc?
Yep, rock solid. I used to get a really bad connection on ADSL a few years back. I noticed my Internet would drop out when it rained. After weeks with whining at Telstra they came out and fixed up the pit. That probably went a long way to my FTTN connection being stable. Haven't had any drop outs that I'm aware of.
Twisted you have some internal cabling issues based on your upload speed vs download.
Yeah I think so too. I'm going to try get one of the cabling guys from the Whirlpool forums to come take a look and quote me for some work. My line in is in the kitchen which is unfortunate, because that's not really where I have my stuff. I have 2 additional ports. So I want to get him to:

- Move the line in into a cupboard just below where it currently is.
- Run new cabling to the other phone ports so they work when I sell this place and someone moves in who doesn't know what a mobile is.
- Run some CAT6 through the roof to the rooms back into this little cupboard.

Something like that...we'll see. Hoping to see improvements after disconnecting the other 2 phone ports though. I'm still in the ADSL coexistence period too for at least another 16 months.
If FTTC becomes an upgrade option for $2k or less i'd jump on it. FTTH from where I am would be $20k+ so never an option.
Wouldn't be much cheaper surely? They're still going to have to run the fibre down the street right?
09:41pm 04/08/17 Permalink
simul
Brisbane, Queensland
1667 posts
So I was with NBN FTTP fibre in Brisbane, paying 100$/month and loving it.

Recently I moved to the US, so for 80$/month I get this unlimited:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/6513836825.png

Australia is going to get walked over by the rest of the world, NBN FTTP has massive upgrade potential, but FTTN is dead tech, Liberals completely messed it up by making it a political football.
12:01am 06/08/17 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
40730 posts
wow.
08:25am 06/08/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39116 posts
"faster than 99% of the US"

That is bad ass!! But I'd say you are lucky in your choice of destination (I'm guessing Seattle so it's far less surprising that you can get great Internet there). There are many places in the US where their Internet options are worse than in Australia.

Spot on about the political football thing. The only way back from here is for them to say they were wrong, drop the CVC charges and fix the other major commercial complaints, and go back to fibre. But as they will never admit they were wrong because they are a bunch of spineless babies I think we're boned.
06:37pm 06/08/17 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
18417 posts
I always wonder how much Murdoch whispered in specific ears to gimp the NBN
10:32pm 06/08/17 Permalink
trillion
Ballarat, Victoria
4256 posts
yeah well it is Boston simul

11:32pm 06/08/17 Permalink
trillion
Ballarat, Victoria
4260 posts
I always wonder how much Murdoch whispered in specific ears to gimp the NBN

an openly well kept secret maybe?

no surprise on the Murdochs' influence

eg https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/blog

last edited by trillion at 16:13:19 07/Aug/17
04:12pm 07/08/17 Permalink
Psycho
Brisbane, Queensland
6300 posts
02:11am 08/08/17 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12245 posts
Well these are f*****g s*** house numbers from NBN...

Maximum Attainable L2 Sync Rates for FTTN (sync rates, not chosen speed plan; take a few Mbps for real world results/overheads/etc.)

Speed % of FTTN customers
12-25Mbps 6%
25-50Mbps 29%
50-75Mbps 33%
75-100Mbps 32%

That's just f*****g embarrassing. Only 1 in 3 can actually achieve between 75 and 100Mbps sync rate. I dare say they wouldn't publish those who can actually get 100Mbps because it would be very low. I'm in the 29% that get 25-50 (38Mbps sync 36Mbps maximum real world result).
01:53pm 12/08/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39133 posts
really, I look at that and see 80+% of people are going to get more than 25Mbps, which I think is pretty good
06:07pm 12/08/17 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
40753 posts
surely you jest?

25mpbs is a joke.
06:13pm 12/08/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39135 posts
Yeh but for only 6% of the NBN-connected population it's not too shabby; I would argue that it is in fact pretty excellent.

The relevant missing facts:

- how much does it cost to get that 6% up into the next bracket? But presumably noone will ever find that out
- the difference between 25Mbps and 50Mbps is pretty striking (I am on 25Mbps ADSL here in London and in the US I was on a 50Mbps cable service, so I know pretty much exactly that of which I speak). I would be very interested to see that category broken down into further brackets because if the majority of that bracket are clustered around 25Mbps (which I suspect they probably ARE, given typical ADSL speeds) then it is a very misleading figure.

My position for the NBN has always been: the most important thing, imho, is by far that the majority of people have /some/ broadband access, not that some proportion of people have excellent broadband access.

Haha, remember the good old days when everyone said we need to have FTTH and 100mbit so we can watch HD video, and then Netflix went and f***ed it all up by delivering 4K in under 25Mbps?!
06:56pm 12/08/17 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
23755 posts
Those stuck on ADSL1 (my businesses) or 3g would just appreciate access to ADSL2. Fibre optic 100mb telstra commercial costs $800/month and I doubt many consumers would be ready to pay that.

Consumers are expecting 100mbit for $100/month from the internet fairy i.e. the idiot taxpayer.
08:00pm 12/08/17 Permalink
Vash
5478 posts
Those stuck on ADSL1 (my businesses) or 3g would just appreciate access to ADSL2. Fibre optic 100mb telstra commercial costs $800/month and I doubt many consumers would be ready to pay that.

Consumers are expecting 100mbit for $100/month from the internet fairy i.e. the idiot taxpayer.

So wheres the privately funded internet fairy? Interestingly absent.
It's up to the taxpayer to get it done, if a competent Government were elected (ie, Labor)
08:40pm 12/08/17 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
23756 posts
if you knew the govt was going to roll out an uncommercial subsidised monopoly service, and they were going to pay you billions of dollars not to roll out your own infrastructure, would you resist and compete? or shutup and take the mountains of free cash?
09:02pm 12/08/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39138 posts
So wheres the privately funded internet fairy? Interestingly absent.
it is absent because the government has been stomping around the market for years f*****g EVERYTHING up

the only rational thing for them to do is stay out of it. The NBN has been ACTIVELY stopping companies from stepping in to provide a better service, including taking them (TPG IIRC?) to court to block them from fibre deployments in some places. It's a mess.

The market cannot operate when there is a totally irrational actor in there splashing money around with no regard to price or quality of service.
10:07pm 12/08/17 Permalink
Vash
5480 posts
That's only once the NBN was already in formation that they actively took action to stop TPG.
Ideally, if Telstra was never sold they would have been able to implement fiber far sooner. But we needed that quick cash surplus to make the LNP look like good economic managers. Nowadays they've just run out of things to sell.
There was no incentive for Telstra to replace it's copper network with fiber, there just isn't enough of a market in Australia for a return on the investment. Which is why the LNP switched over to FTTN, if even Government finds FTTP to expensive, then surely its too much for a privately owned entity.
10:14pm 12/08/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39139 posts
That's only once the NBN was already in formation that they actively took action to stop TPG.
It doesn't matter when they did it - it matters that they're stomping around interfering with the operation of the market.
Ideally, if Telstra was never sold they would have been able to implement fiber far sooner.
Yes, privatising Telstra was the first step into this being totally broken.

I was an partial advocate of privatising Telstra at the time because I thought the competition was the only way things were going to improve. But now I wish it had never been sold and they had simply been required to plunge their profits into network upgrades because I think Australia would have been much better off as a whole. They still effectively dictate conditions for the majority of Australians but all of the benefits now go to shareholders instead of citizens.
12:06am 13/08/17 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
23864 posts
Fibre optic 100mb telstra commercial costs $800/month and I doubt many consumers would be ready to pay that.

Because its often a custom install, for the benefit of a single paying customer, of course its going to cost more. Roll it out to entire streets/suburbs/cities and you have many, many, many more paying customers to offset the cost, you don't need to charge $800 a month then. Economy of scale and all that jazz
02:22am 13/08/17 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
21328 posts
They still effectively dictate conditions for the majority of Australians but all of the benefits now go to shareholders instead of citizens.

Absolutely, i don't think there has been any real benefit to privatising telstra except for the quick hit of cash to the government
02:30pm 13/08/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39141 posts
I have been thinking heavily about privatisation recently, mostly in the context of electricity providers (we had to renew our plan recently so it has been in my brain), but this problem was obvious for Telstra as well.

The biggest issue is that in many cases there is a shared resources that is basically being split off and distributed amongst a variety of different providers. The idea is that competition among these providers will lead to lower costs and better service for subscribers.

But what is (often? sometimes?) ignored is the fact that for these new entities to compete, a certain amount of money needs to be diverted to normal competitive costs - marketing, sales, etc. Anyone that has been exposed to any of these large companies knows how much time, effort and money is spent on their marketing efforts.

This works fine in the free market where companies have always been responsible for creating their own products, maintaining them, upgrading them, etc. It is a completely normal part of doing business. But I don't think it works well when the "product" is something like infrastructure.

So my new hypothesis is that, for privatisation to be worth it, the VALUE created by that competition has to clearly and unequivocally exceed the COST of that competition existing. And I think it's super hard (if not totally impossible) to take that into account at sale time because at the time the market doesn't exist and noone knows what the cost of competition will be, except that it will basically definitely go up.

This might not be a particularly insightful observation; this kind of analysis is almost certainly done all the time in privatisation movements and I bet it shows that well DUH obviously the taxpayers are going to better off because of X Y Z. But there's only going to be a more or less fixed pool of revenue that suddenly many entities are scrabbling over - the competition is going to soak up a lot of value. And the first thing (at least in telcos) that seems to take a hit is network upgrades & maintenance.

Sadly not much can be done about it without completely wrecking the market even worse; the lesson here is to be extremely wary of privatising industry for short term benefit
08:39pm 13/08/17 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
11664 posts
You're absolutely right trog, and add onto that now these firms want to make a profit too.

Essentially if you're going from administration by a publicly controlled entity to being done by multiple private entities, you'd have to really be convinced the public entity was so incredibly, almost unbelievably inefficient and almost impossibly wasteful to think that a private corporation, who wants to turn a profit either for themselves or for shareholders, is going to be cheaper for the consumer.

Yeah nah. Maybe the old shorts-and-long-socks public service might have once been that inefficient in some areas, but even anna 1.0 was putting the screws on even before candy newman came in and ensured that there wasn't enough staff for even the core work to take place. Seriously, a dangerous amount of facets of public services are running off the good work done by staff prior to all the sackings in 2012-2013 or whenever it was.
10:20pm 13/08/17 Permalink
Vash
5482 posts
I agree trog, i've thought that for quite some time, privatising vital infrastructure is a path to high prices & monopoly.
Toll roads as an example, where there is simply no competition viable, unless you build multiple roads on top of each other and they compete with each other for who uses their road to get to the same location.
Much the same for the copper, fiber & electricity networks.

Leave the private markets competing with each other for product, not services infrastructure.
10:01pm 14/08/17 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
23757 posts
So we should have a government monopoly 4g network?
10:08pm 14/08/17 Permalink
Vash
5483 posts
So we should have a government monopoly 4g network?

Absolutely. Prices will be driven down, and more of the band would be available to everyone as one big network instead of tendered off to a few big players.
10:14pm 14/08/17 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12253 posts
Well, a few hundred $'s later and re-cabling of my phone line and my Internet speeds have increased from 38Mbps sync speed to 60Mbps sync speed. F*****g coalition...that'll be the best case scenario I'll ever be able to achieve at this house though. There was a lot of corrosion on the line into the house which the guy cut away which seemed to help a lot.
07:23pm 12/09/17 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2772 posts
Glad to hear your interboobs is working better, Twisted.

I checked last week on the NBN site with my address and apparently I will get FTTC. The estate I'm living in is 7 years old so I imagine that has something to do with it.

I was talking to my old man on the phone the other day and he was whining about the electricity prices and said to me, If I ever become a politician, never sell any assets. Perhaps we can nationalise Telsta but I imagine that would be a huge dirty mess with lots of piss and vinegar.
07:46pm 12/09/17 Permalink
Nmag
Sydney, New South Wales
838 posts
If the greens were running the country this wound't happen. We'd be sitting in darkness, weaving baskets under the moon light.
10:02pm 12/09/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Other International
39176 posts
If the greens were running the country this wound't happen. We'd be sitting in darkness, weaving baskets under the moon light.
The Greens were strong proponents of Labor's original FTTH vision

Nice attempt to deflect the conversation politically onto a party that literally could not have anything less to do with the current set of problems though. Maybe you should sign up to Twitter
11:00pm 12/09/17 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12254 posts
Maybe you should sign up to Twitter
Fark that! He's probably got what it takes to be the next big thing on radio. Forget the facts, just put a microphone in front of him yesterday!
11:41pm 12/09/17 Permalink
notgreazy
Other International
801 posts

F*** off but before that go read their policies instead of being a tard:
https://greens.org.au/policy
https://greens.org.au/sites/greens.org.au/files/20160617_Greens_NBN.pdf
10:45am 13/09/17 Permalink
Zenmaster
Queensland
30 posts
sometimes, when my wife is asleep early I put QGL.org into my Chrome on my iPad and ask my young children (who really, really need to go to bed) to read out the responses to threads like these, while pretending that I'm Deadpool.

It's fun in a way with most of them ( and blah blah blah you don't care ) something something.

I'm only saying this as there is someone at work who never misses an AG entry on subjects like these and we need to know where she is right.... now ;)

thank you for your time gentlemen - please... as you were
05:50pm 16/09/17 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
23903 posts
What?
08:30pm 16/09/17 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12259 posts
I think he's saying he's deliberately exposing his kids to Internet trolls.
09:05pm 16/09/17 Permalink
Nmag
Sydney, New South Wales
149 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: stupid offtopic bulls***
01:30am 17/09/17 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
18445 posts
Australian Sex Party. Join it.
09:26am 17/09/17 Permalink
Psycho
Brisbane, Queensland
6307 posts
Maximum Attainable L2 Sync Rates for FTTN (sync rates, not chosen speed plan; take a few Mbps for real world results/overheads/etc.) Speed % of FTTN customers 12-25Mbps 6% 25-50Mbps 29% 50-75Mbps 33% 75-100Mbps 32% That's just f*****g embarrassing. Only 1 in 3 can actually achieve between 75 and 100Mbps sync rate. I dare say they wouldn't publish those who can actually get 100Mbps because it would be very low. I'm in the 29% that get 25-50 (38Mbps sync 36Mbps maximum real world result).

I must be one of the lucky ones. Consistently getting 90-100 down and 35-40 up. It did dip to the mid 70's one night, but only for like 40 minutes and away it went again. Love watching files that used to takes hours to download on Steam take minutes. :) Haven't had a drop out once since joining with Aussiebroadband, very happy with them indeed.
07:29pm 17/09/17 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:29pm 17/09/17 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.