After a few weeks of tinkering and getting lucky with drops we present to you one of the most powerful Necromancer builds in the game.
The Most Powerful Necromancer Build for Diablo III on Console
E3 2017 was full of great games and great surprises, and here's our sleeper-hit from the show
Preview: Call of Cthulhu is a Call to Classic Horror Innovation
An in-depth look at everything from price, games, and hardware to find out if it's worth picking one up.
Good Cop/Bad Cop – The Case For the Xbox One X
Micro Machines is back! With the release of Micro Machines World Series for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Micro Machines World Series Review - Vroom For Improvement
American Gods TV Show - Trailer
trog
AGN Admin
USA
38893 posts
Randomly, I just happened to re-read American Gods last week, hoping I might enjoy it more than on previous reads.

Sadly, despite enjoying the premise, I again found the actual story long and drawn out and a little boring. I think if the book was about 70% as long it'd be amazing.

So I was kind of surprised to discover a TV version has been made - and the trailer looks actually pretty good (although maybe it's just because Ian McShane is in it). I'm hoping that because it will inevitably be shorter and punchier it might be one of those rare occasions where the video adaptation outshines the original story.

The casting looks good (Ian McShane as Wednesday but whoever it doesn't matter he's awesome), and Peter Stormare as Czernobog (come on it's like he was born for that role).

Anyway, starts soon.

02:38am 22/04/17 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:38am 22/04/17 Permalink
funky
Canada
1903 posts
I really enjoyed American Gods as a book - which version are you reading? The latest/current published one (IIRC) is the one that Gaiman wanted, so it is longer (like 10 or 15,000 words, again IIRC), whereas the original one which one the Hugo etc was the edited down one. I have read both, (the extended edition only coming out after 10 years i think) but for the life of me can't really remember what the added material is is.

I agree the series looks pretty good, and I'll definitely be watching, I think the first season only covers the first 1/3 or 1/2 of the book too
03:57am 22/04/17 Permalink
Reverend
Gold Coast, Queensland
2105 posts
Cheers for the heads up Troggles looks very interesting indeed ))
09:13am 22/04/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
USA
38894 posts
The latest/current published one (IIRC) is the one that Gaiman wanted, so it is longer (like 10 or 15,000 words, again IIRC), whereas the original one which one the Hugo etc was the edited down one
Hmm, I didn't know there were two versions. I'd have to assume I read the longer one :) I can easily imagine the first release was massively cut down by editors for being too long.
05:48pm 22/04/17 Permalink
Sir Redhat
Sydney, New South Wales
2047 posts
This was such a good book.

Can't wait for the show, I hope they do it justice.

What is it coming out on in Australia? Any legal options that don't involve foxtel?
05:57pm 22/04/17 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
19086 posts
well that was one of the weirdest episodes of a show i've ever seen.
06:02pm 02/05/17 Permalink
Ickus
Perth, Western Australia
604 posts
Maybe it will be like this high quality NZ TV show.

The Almighty Johnsons
09:30pm 02/05/17 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
12218 posts

well that was one of the weirdest episodes of a show i've ever seen.
Yeah, saw this at a friends place. I didn't get it. Different...I got a bit bored at points and felt compelled to try fast forward. But seems it might be worth giving more episodes a shot to warm up to it.
12:23am 03/05/17 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:23am 03/05/17 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.