Joaby took the first major piece of Battlefield 1 DLC for a hands-on spin. Here's how it plays!
Battlefield 1 Frontlines is Coming - We've Played it!
We ask the, err, hard questions in our hands-on time with the long awaited Mass Effect Andromeda
Alien Sex and Mass Effect Andromeda
We sharpen our swords and take to the battlefield in our For Honor review.
And My Axe! For Honor Reviewed
We've taken Prey for a spacewalk and have emerged more than in love with the game, read on to know just why!
Hands-On with Prey - Arkane's Love Letter to BioShock and More!
Logan
Joaby
Sydney, New South Wales
507 posts
go and see Logan. Saw it last night. Loved it to bits. Don't watch any trailers, just go and see it.
05:15pm 03/03/17 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:15pm 03/03/17 Permalink
Reverend
Gold Coast, Queensland
2085 posts

I had an RDO today so I thought I would treat myself and went to see Logan , god dam the movie is epic really well constructed and a total blast from first till last 10/10
07:16pm 03/03/17 Permalink
tspec
Melbourne, Victoria
3914 posts
I saw an advanced screening of this last week, it's definitely the best of the Wolverine movies by a long shot. Not that the first two set the bar very high. I was reading the other day the director might release a black and white cut of Logan at some point, that would certainly fit the tone of the movie.
07:42pm 03/03/17 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
23645 posts
Yeah, its really good, saw it last night and loved it. And the girl who played x-23 did an awesome job too, wasn't expecting them to pull that off so well
08:10pm 03/03/17 Permalink
Tanaka Khan
Brisbane, Queensland
5720 posts
Off to see it in Gold Class Monday morning with Rev Evil
03:47pm 04/03/17 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
40458 posts
couple of RBJ's going down in that screening no doubt

last edited by Spook at 16:08:21 04/Mar/17
04:04pm 04/03/17 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
11628 posts
damn
i still haven't cashed in my RBJ
there better not be an expiry date
09:11pm 04/03/17 Permalink
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
6317 posts
Off to see it in Gold Class Monday morning with Rev Evil

Remember if he pays, you don't owe him anything
10:17pm 04/03/17 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
19055 posts
did they play the deadpool 2 teaser before the movie?
10:22pm 04/03/17 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
23647 posts
Nah, no Deadpool teaser when I saw it
03:48am 05/03/17 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
19056 posts
11:17am 05/03/17 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
7584 posts
Yeah what happened to Rev ???

https://s30.postimg.org/qr4ymlbq9/25949967.jpg

last edited by sLaps_Forehead at 14:00:39 05/Mar/17
01:58pm 05/03/17 Permalink
Joaby
Sydney, New South Wales
512 posts
I grew up in Logan lol it was odd seeing people praising it
02:03pm 05/03/17 Permalink
Tanaka Khan
Brisbane, Queensland
5723 posts
While I enjoyed the movie, I didn't think it lived up to all the hype that has been following it. There were too many boring scenes in the movie and SO much stuff that had not been explained

Spoiler:
Like what had happened in Westchester (spelling?) that caused Prof X and Logan to go on the lamb. What was it that was killing Logan (guessing Adamantite poisoning). And also why there was no scene at the end of the credits, was really waiting for Logan's fist to come out of his grave.
08:41pm 06/03/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
USA
38788 posts
yeh I was disappointed after all the hype. The bit where they go to have dinner with that farmer & his family, literally minutes after they just escaped after being tracked down in a matter of hours by the bad guys. Yeh yeh, maybe Prof wanted everyone to have a family moment. But it just seemed dumb.

I liked the extra adult value (more hardcore violence and swearing). The little girl was cool.
09:08pm 06/03/17 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
3996 posts
Westchester would have likely been the first place Prof X had a seizure, without any sort of forewarning or medicine to stop it, it probably caused some kind of mass death thing. Maybe even why it seemed that mutants were hunted down.

What I want to know is who was the company the baddies worked for as it seemed we were supposed to know something about them.

Also what happened to all the other mutants? It seems like they weren't hunted globally since Canada seemed to be offering asylum and that doesn't explain why no new Mutants had been born in the last 25 years.

And lastly, why the f*** would you give a little girl an adamantium upgrade considering the fact that it is supposedly both rare and hard to work with and she is still growing meaning that within a few months she will out grow it!
10:53am 16/03/17 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
23677 posts
X-23 doesn't have an adamantium skeleton like Wolverine, its just on her claws. Still, you'd think even those bones are gonna grow so it still doesn't make sense, but meh, its comic book logic.

As for why there was no new mutants born, it sounded like that bad guy who ran that company was making allusions to that at the end just before he got owned. He was saying something about how he got the mutant 'cure' into the water supply and food production and stuff so the population at large ingested it and no more mutants got born.

I dunno who the company was, but someone told me it had something to do with Mr Sinister? I dunno though, don't read enough X-Men comics to get the deep cuts
11:35am 16/03/17 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
USA
38808 posts
I have to say I liked the idea of it being a conclusion of the story. But of course it's Hollywood so the clock is already ticking for a reboot. We should open a betting pool on who the new Wolverine is (maybe he's already been cast)
10:26pm 16/03/17 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
19068 posts
in the comics x-23 is now wolverine. i would be totally fine with that in the movies.
10:31pm 16/03/17 Permalink
Joaby
Sydney, New South Wales
528 posts
The whole idea of using Shane as a reference point was to reinforce the idea that you don't know if he's alive or dead. IMO anyway.
08:51am 17/03/17 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
23681 posts
I think hes pretty much dead though, even if the tree through the chest didn't kill him, he wasn't far off dying to heavy metal poisoning, and its not like his healing factor was getting any better. It would feel kind of cheap if they did another movie and were like "He didn't really die, he was saved at the last second by this convinient plot device!"
12:48pm 17/03/17 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
3997 posts
The only problem is the semi-reboot attempt with Fast-bender and Co which had that s***-tastic Apocalypse movie and fairly average other movies where they have already established Hugh as Wolverine. Those movies made me hate Jenifer Lawrence, and she is pretty fantastic in everything else.

Also Deadpool is in the same universe as the X-men as well so the likelihood of getting a clean break from the old material is slim.

The good thing is that they are starting to make these movies for adults now instead of looking at toy merchandising opportunities like they used to.
03:44pm 17/03/17 Permalink
Reverend
Gold Coast, Queensland
2091 posts
The good thing is that they are starting to make these movies for adults now instead of looking at toy merchandising opportunities like they used to.

Nail on the head mate )) time for some more adult movies
07:14pm 17/03/17 Permalink
Viper119
Other International
3222 posts
Caught this, thought it was great, nice to see a comic book movie done more as an adult movie, and really well at that.

Does this storyline come from the comics? Thought it was interesting there were no more mutants due to those dudes putting something in the water supply, etc. Also interesting to see what happens when mutants age and have health issues!

I think that whole farm dinner thing was Charles trying to get Logan to feel something good again, unfortunately it all fell apart and proved to Logan that anything he touches or cares about gets destroyed, which is a pretty central theme to his entire character I thought.
07:53pm 17/03/17 Permalink
Tanaka Khan
Brisbane, Queensland
5727 posts
I think hes pretty much dead though, even if the tree through the chest didn't kill him, he wasn't far off dying to heavy metal poisoning, and its not like his healing factor was getting any better. It would feel kind of cheap if they did another movie and were like "He didn't really die, he was saved at the last second by this convinient plot device!"

Honestly I waited til the end of the movie to see if his fist (with claws extended) was going to come out of the grave.

I know most/all marvel movies have the scenes at the end of the credits but hadn't the previous X-men movies had them? Is this like the first without the extra ending scenes?
07:55pm 17/03/17 Permalink
Viper119
Other International
3223 posts
Was this actually a proper Marvel movie though? It didn't have the Marvel intro sequence the others do. It felt more like an indie movie using Marvel story.
12:38am 18/03/17 Permalink
Joaby
Sydney, New South Wales
529 posts

Yeah, so the dealio with Shane is that the ending is still pretty hotly contested to this day. It really, really seems like he's dead (I actually didn't realise there was any doubt about it until I watched The Negotiator) but some optimists hold onto hope that he is alive.
10:43am 18/03/17 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:43am 18/03/17 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Post a Reply
You must be logged in to post a reply.