The next-generation of videogame graphics will be defined by real-time ray-tracing. From Cyberpunk 2077 to Dying Light 2, we go through the ray-traced games on the horizon.
Real-Time Ray-Tracing and The Next-Gen Games We’ll Play
Our in-depth chat with Watch Dogs Legioin senior producer Sean Crooks, featuring details on Legion recruitment and replacing RPG stats with real-world mechanics...
Who Watches Who? Watch Dogs Legion Developer Interview
Ahead of Ubisoft Forward, we got hands-on with Assassin's Creed Valhalla and had a chance to speak with one of the game's producers...
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Preview - Bloody, Brutal, Viking
Hideo Kojima's latest looks wonderful running on a modern PC rig, and it's still as weird and strange and alluring as ever.
Death Stranding on PC - A Stunning Odyssey
Battlefield 5: Eastern Front
BladeRunner
Queensland
2359 posts

A reddit post has revealed some huge details regarding EA’s plan for the Next Battlefield game. Two images regarding EA’s upcoming event called EA Play, which will take place during the same week as E3 2016, has leaked online, and one of them features the name of the next Battlefield game.

Titled Battlefield 5: Eastern Front, the game will see you team up with European allies in order to push back the Russians from Eastern Europe and halt their invasion attempts. You’ll be travelling to several major European cities such as Kiev, Minsk and Vilnius.
http://hugeleak.com/leaked-next-battlefield-called-eastern-front-to-feature-world-war-ii-setting/

This is interesting if true. But if it's WW2 why are we fighting the Russians. It's more like a post WW2 or cold war era setting I imagine. Was hoping for a pure WW2 or 2142 game though. We will have to wait and see if EA confirms this.
05:11pm 29/04/16 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:11pm 29/04/16 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
20950 posts
You know the gemans fought the russians on the eastern front in ww2 yeah?
06:58am 30/04/16 Permalink
syzk
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
130 posts
You know the gemans fought the russians on the eastern front in ww2 yeah?

"European allies in order to push back the Russians"

mmm dont think so mate.

This will be a semi future setting imo, they teased next gen weapons like the railgun and hover tank being developed by russians in End Game the last DLC pack for BF4.

So this game will probably be a leap forward on that and have the Russian feature as a power house against an allied European front.
10:52am 30/04/16 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
23161 posts
i would love to play this PLEASE DONT F*** IT UP
12:05pm 30/04/16 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2360 posts
That makes sense, Syzk. Plus it mentions a titan, so It might be 2142-ish. Which is what I want. Wonder if they will add the PAC as DLC.
12:12pm 30/04/16 Permalink
syzk
131 posts
Either way we will find out in a week when they do their live reveal
03:18pm 30/04/16 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
10974 posts
er.... what?

surely there's an app where we can throw our own games together now instead of needing a PC?

yeah - you can totally can now with a Nokia phone
08:23pm 30/04/16 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
4273 posts
what about game engine? We had BF3, then BF3.5 (BF4), this will probably be BF3.75...
10:42pm 30/04/16 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2363 posts
I imagine it will use Frostbite 3 like Battlefield 4 and Battlefront or perhaps a newer version of it. I hope it's not just some half-arsed Battlefield 3.75, that would make me sad.
12:40am 01/05/16 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2364 posts
I saw this image floating around now.

http://i.imgur.com/ZV4EI2Y.jpg

Wish DICE/EA would just announce something.
02:32pm 01/05/16 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
23302 posts
If that's not fake, that's a new low point for cover art
03:14pm 01/05/16 Permalink
syzk
132 posts
If that's not fake, that's a new low point for cover art

And highly out of character compared to the theme of every other cover art in the series.
07:07pm 01/05/16 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2366 posts
Could be place holder until they get their finger out. It's simple but I don't mind it.
08:28pm 01/05/16 Permalink
Gibster
186 posts
lol, its as if you guys dont know that at the start of WW2 the germans and russians were working together.
11:45pm 01/05/16 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
23304 posts
They did, for a little bit, in 1939 before the actual WW2 had started for real, but all they really invaded though was Poland before Germany turned against them. The "Eastern Front" though is the term given to the theatre of battle between the Soviets and Germany, so it doesn't really make sense to call a game "Eastern Front" if its set pre-WW2 before Hitler turned against the Soviets. Or its some alternate timeline WW2 where the war went differently and Nazis had armies of giant mechs and titans. I'd be all for that!

I don't think it'll be WW2 though, my money is on some Tom Clancy style near-future war scenario, that seems to be all the rage lately. Maybe play off real world political s*** thats been happening lately, tensions between Russia and Ukraine, etc and hyper inflate it to make it into some kind of pressure point that starts a world war. Instead of driving tanks and planes in the single player, there'll be a sequence where you control drones and kill a bunch of people from afar and the game will make some kind of ethical/moral point about what war in the 21st century has turned into.
01:17am 02/05/16 Permalink
Nmag
Sydney, New South Wales
665 posts
I'm confused, so will it be futuristic?

Titled Battlefield 5: Eastern Front, the game will see you team up with European allies in order to push back the Russians from Eastern Europe and halt their invasion attempts. You’ll be travelling to several major European cities such as Kiev, Minsk and Vilnius.
10:34am 02/05/16 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:34am 02/05/16 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.