We've got a Sensei Ten Neon Rider Gaming Mouse and a Neon Rider QcK L Mousepad up for grabs!
SteelSeries Neon Rider Give Away!
The World Game is back, natch, so we go through all the big changes coming in EA’s FIFA 21.
FIFA 21 Preview - Inside the Big Gameplay Changes Coming
Grounded is a lot of fun - but like any backyard being put forth to the producers of Backyard Blitz, it needs some work.
Grounded - Early Access Impressions
Where the BenQ EW3280U immediately impresses is with its colour accuracy and vibrance, making it perfect for firing up 4K content.
BenQ EW3280U 32" 4K HDR Display Review
Battlefield 3 preorder DLC rofl?
Python
Sydney, New South Wales
995 posts
12:29am 13/06/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:29am 13/06/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
14612 posts
classy
Seriously; F***. you.
Pirating this game instead. Bought the entire CoD-series from the first one on PC till BO, tried BF, BF2, saw trailer on this, drooled, made me want to drop CoD, and now this?What made you think "this is a good idea!" ? What the hell? Stop giving in to fat people waving money up your nose and do the right thing. Please change this, please! I will throw my money at you with a complete BF3-experience. With a chopped-down retarded version of it with at attitde like "you like that gun? Yeah, you like it? Yeees, you want it don't you? :D Well F*** YOU, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT UNLESS YOU PREORDER IT FROM OUR SPECIFIED STORES!"..
I thought you guys understood the gamers. A real shame..
12:32am 13/06/11 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
2965 posts
Yeah I noticed this about 30 min ago as well. Such fail. Cutting weapons, items and maps out of the game unless you order from a specific store is such a bad idea and yet it'll work. People will buy it if only so they don't have the gimp version. I'm not a fan of in-game extras or day 1 DLC (just put that s*** on the f*****g disc) as it's just a s***** cheap way to try and rake in pre-orders.
12:37am 13/06/11 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
6905 posts
That's pretty retarded. I can understand giving pre-orders early access to guns (i.e. having them unlocked from the beginning rather than having to gain exp), but not having them available at all to other players. That's dumb.
12:40am 13/06/11 Permalink
Mordecai
Victoria
896 posts
I dislike the whole "Buy from us and get x and z! Which you can not get from that other shop!"

I have no problems with preorder bonuses for anyone that preorders at any store. I also have no problem with people geting extra exclusive stuff in a collectors edition unless those items disadvantage others in multiplayer games. "Buy the CE and get ULTIMATE WEAPON OF DOOM THAT INSTANTLY KILLS ALL OF THE OTHER TEAM!". That s*** is stupid.
12:46am 13/06/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
14613 posts
I bet it will be EB here in Australia who will get the same treatment if it's a regionalised thing.
12:47am 13/06/11 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
6186 posts
So theres an expansion pack out for a game that hasnt been released ?
LOL ?

Why isnt it just part of the game ?
12:50am 13/06/11 Permalink
ctd
UK
9525 posts

Pirating this game instead

lols pirating an MP game. good one failure.

But yeah pretty stupid. I'll just pre-order on steam whatevs version. Guns are probably s***e.
01:10am 13/06/11 Permalink
Eorl
Gold Coast, Queensland
2133 posts
Haha at people saying they are cancelling and going to pirate instead. Enjoy the singleplayer! Anyways, saw this on /v/, laughed at all the ragers. Doesn't bother me, as I am just going to buy a cd key when it's released, or slightly before, don't really give two hoots bout DLC, as I'll just the other however many guns there are. Oh no, 1 gun that I won't be able to get! S***, call the waaahbulance.
01:43am 13/06/11 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
1444 posts
Wait did I miss something? Retailer specific pre-order items are nothing new and suck as hard now as they always have. I'm pretty confident those guns will be made available shortly after release anyways, question is will they try to gouge you on the price.
01:48am 13/06/11 Permalink
Eorl
Gold Coast, Queensland
2136 posts
Wait did I miss something? Retailer specific pre-order items are nothing new and suck as hard now as they always have. I'm pretty confident those guns will be made available shortly after release anyways, question is will they try to gouge you on the price.

Apparently the LMG won't be. But the T88 sucked hard in BC2, so don't know what everyone is complaining about. And only support can use it, so no REAL downside, more of an upside that anyone who has it can offer suppressive fire. Hell, everyone should probably have this on pre-order anyway. It's bloody BF3. And, if they do it right like they did with BC2, and give free maps/weapons later on, it'd be perfect. Better then the alternative of MW3 and paying $15 for 4 maps.
01:52am 13/06/11 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
3864 posts
So theres an expansion pack out for a game that hasnt been released ?
LOL ?

Why isnt it just part of the game ?

Because a $130 dollar tag line on a new release is a big demotivator for sales. Easier to make it 'optional' dlc which costs the difference.
02:35am 13/06/11 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
3518 posts
Heh. how long until a game appears that ships pre-orders with a publisher sanctioned wall hack in the form of NVG or something?

Exclusive maps are one thing, it's disheartening that game balance altering 'exclusive' elements that are only available via extended purchase at launch are creeping into a lot of titles these days.
02:56am 13/06/11 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
18727 posts
I don't really care about the weapons as long as they make them as powerful as the ones that come standard and not more powerful. I do have issues with the map though. Does that mean we're gonna have to pay for that extra map when the game comes out?
07:52am 13/06/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5851 posts
It's not only a kick to the teeth for games in general but to those who already pre-ordered the game as well. Poor form if you ask me.

I don't really care about the weapons as long as they make them as powerful as the ones that come standard and not more powerful. I do have issues with the map though. Does that mean we're gonna have to pay for that extra map when the game comes out?
I'm not aware of any extra maps that will be included as part of the Physical Pack, but i think you're talking about the back to Karkland pack? if so those 4 maps are available on pre-order of the game for free.

http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield3/blog/battlefield-3-limited-edition-physical-warfare-pack-available
09:30am 13/06/11 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
7310 posts
Flechette ammo for the DAO-12 shotgun Exclusive ammo This exclusive armor-piercing ammo makes your DAO-12 shotgun pack an added punch. Each flechette cartridge holds a number of 1-inch tungsten arrows that willtear through any material, be it metal, wood, or enemies. If you turn a corner and meet three soldiers from the opposing force, these are the rounds you want loaded in your DAO-12.

FLASH SUPPRESSOR FOR SKS SNIPER RIFLE Exclusive weapon mod This exclusive item is the only sniper rifle flash suppressor in the game. Attaching it to the fast-firing and high capacity SKS rifle turns you into a highly agile and versatile Recon member. For the true team-play Recon who wants to contribute at the front while staying stealthy, this weapon mod is an essential upgrade.

they sound pretty awesome and the fact that only ppl that pre-order it are going to get it f***** eats c***.

Game companies these days eat c***. All about the money and not about the games anymore.

yer it looks sweet but why have dlc ready to launch with the game? put the f***** content in the game you release
09:43am 13/06/11 Permalink
Saint
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3011 posts
BF3 was shaping up to be awesome .. until this.
09:49am 13/06/11 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
7703 posts
What a bunch of f*****g jews, content that's not available to all players in multiplayer games should be limited to cosmetic only.

I can't support people getting exclusive content that affects gameplay, there's no way to spin it that isn't bulls***.
09:58am 13/06/11 Permalink
HeardY
Gaelic newb
Sydney, New South Wales
19804 posts
What a joke.... and I don't even play games anymore.

But they'll still sell and assload of copies and this will become the 'norm' for all major games :/

Greedy bastards, they ship millions of copies of this series, they DO NOT need paid DLC to make phat lewt outta this franchise :/
10:03am 13/06/11 Permalink
HeardY
Gaelic newb
Sydney, New South Wales
19805 posts
The one thing that comes to mind is that the guns/content is 'ready' yet and they don't want to delay the ship/gold date of the game. So the remaining content should be free via DLC. Alas I fear it's just a cash grab!
10:04am 13/06/11 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1109 posts
quick all the CoD haters come here and vent your frustration.. oh wait.
10:12am 13/06/11 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
497 posts
Different weapons i dont care provided they arent OP. I got the exclusive m14 garand i think for the last Medal of Honor and it was s***house. Gave me no advantage what-so-ever apart from increasing epeen. Missing out on maps is stupid though.
10:42am 13/06/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
14614 posts
You won't miss out if you give the your money!
11:03am 13/06/11 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
6906 posts
I wonder if the Steam version will have this pre-order bonus? If it does, then it's a moot point, since I'm likely to give them my money as soon as it's up on Steam.
11:53am 13/06/11 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
4211 posts
yeh im a waiting for steam
12:44pm 13/06/11 Permalink
Eorl
Gold Coast, Queensland
2137 posts
The map pack, Back to Karkhand, is free to all who pre-order. It will then be available 1 month after release for $5-$10, or for free, who knows.
12:54pm 13/06/11 Permalink
Mordecai
Victoria
898 posts
I wonder if the Steam version will have this pre-order bonus? If it does, then it's a moot point, since I'm likely to give them my money as soon as it's up on Steam.

Highly doubt it. I would say EA's new digital download service will have it though. Nope they have:

Battlefield 3 Limited Edition - Karkland Pack plus a Shotgun and Beret for Battlefield Play4Free.
http://store.origin.com/store/eaapac/en_AU/html/pbPage.battlefield3_AU/
01:21pm 13/06/11 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
18652 posts
why are people b****ing like girls? terrorists vs counter terrorists have different guns in CS, makes f*** all difference to the balance of power in the game. Hell, I'm sure you don't see people in the real military forces crying about how they have m16's and the enemy has ak47's or whatever.

As for flash suppressors, don't be a little pussy, camping whore and it won't affect you?
01:31pm 13/06/11 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
498 posts
terrorists vs counter terrorists have different guns in CS, makes f*** all difference to the balance of power in the game.

Noob. Everybody knows the Ak47 is more accurate (on auto) and does more dmg while the m16 fires more RPM and has silencer.
02:01pm 13/06/11 Permalink
Eorl
Gold Coast, Queensland
2144 posts
Highly doubt it. I would say EA's new digital download service will have it though. Nope they have:

Battlefield 3 Limited Edition - Karkland Pack plus a Shotgun and Beret for Battlefield Play4Free.
http://store.origin.com/store/eaapac/en_AU/html/pbPage.battlefield3_AU/

Don't know what is happening with that whole fiasco, but there were rumours that Steam was going to be getting a standard version or something. They'd be stupid not to put it on Steam.
02:08pm 13/06/11 Permalink
jackflash
Sydney, New South Wales
22 posts
I'd laugh if MW3 swung the other way and started offering 'free' pre-order DLC to prevent their inevitable imminent assraping by DICE. 'Pre-Order MW3 and receive the remade map Crash from MW and MW2, totally free!'.
02:14pm 13/06/11 Permalink
Eorl
Gold Coast, Queensland
2148 posts
I'd laugh if MW3 swung the other way and started offering 'free' pre-order DLC to prevent their inevitable imminent assraping by DICE. 'Pre-Order MW3 and receive the remade map Crash from MW and MW2, totally free!'.

Eh, Activision are just as bad with Call of Duty. It's just people jump on the bandwagon of hate whenever a company does something that they don't like. Don't hear anyone complain when Activision charges you $15 for 4 maps.
02:21pm 13/06/11 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
500 posts
Don't hear anyone complain when Activision charges you $15 for 4 maps.

You're joking right?
02:25pm 13/06/11 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
7709 posts
Eh, Activision are just as bad with Call of Duty. It's just people jump on the bandwagon of hate whenever a company does something that they don't like. Don't hear anyone complain when Activision charges you $15 for 4 maps.
I don't see what map DLC have to do with exclusive weapons?

Am I on a different page here? I thought people were angry about select people having exclusive weapons that affect gameplay, not the fact that it's a cashgrab/DLC.
02:35pm 13/06/11 Permalink
Eorl
Gold Coast, Queensland
2151 posts
You're joking right?

Well I hear people complain on here, but majority of your console players eat that s*** up. And yes, I know it isn't an exclusive. Well, technically it is, as you have to buy it in order to have it. But I just don't see the big fuss. It's just some s***** MG, a shotgun you can get in the game, and some armour piercing rounds and a muzzle flash. Oh s*** guys, lets go bat s*** crazy now!
02:37pm 13/06/11 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
501 posts
majority of your console players eat that s*** up.

And we find the cause of all our gaming woes - f*****g console gamers. Duke woulda been f*****g awesome if it hadnt been for consolers and DS3 woulda been more like D3 and less like f*****g Darkspore.
02:42pm 13/06/11 Permalink
Eorl
Gold Coast, Queensland
2152 posts
Eh, there are some advantages to consoles, but it is sad that developers are jumping ship on PC development.
02:52pm 13/06/11 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
18729 posts
I'm not aware of any extra maps that will be included as part of the Physical Pack, but i think you're talking about the back to Karkland pack? if so those 4 maps are available on pre-order of the game for free

Ah yes, I missed that bit. Apologies

8-)
03:26pm 13/06/11 Permalink
RockitMan
Brisbane, Queensland
6071 posts
Super lame thing to do but I'm going to buy the game regardless so I'll get it pre-order. Can you get pre-order through a cheapo shop like ozgameshop or are we going to get stung on regionalized pricing for the extra goodies?
03:32pm 13/06/11 Permalink
RockitMan
Brisbane, Queensland
6072 posts
PC version is only 29 pounds on game.co.uk - any probs with aussies pre-ordering this?
03:35pm 13/06/11 Permalink
Outlaw
Gold Coast, Queensland
518 posts
I blame COD for this
04:19pm 13/06/11 Permalink
Mordecai
Victoria
902 posts
I blame COD for this

I blame the people who buy in to the idea they need these extra things so will buy from those stores.
04:48pm 13/06/11 Permalink
kettels
Melbourne, Victoria
210 posts
I don't personally mind the early access to weapons but I don't like exclusive items. If its a SP game i don't really care either but everyone is buying BF3 for the MP. It's harder to have it as a competitive game if people can have different items, Although I can see DICE under powering the DLC items so it doesn't screw up the balance. I do think the pre-order bonus of Back to Karkand is a bit of a kick in the nuts, especially if they end up charging for it a month or so after release.

PC version is only 29 pounds on game.co.uk - any probs with aussies pre-ordering this?

Normally when I pre-order from GAME in the UK it says the DLC bonuses are for UK customers only, so it may not come with the DLC.
05:24pm 13/06/11 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
10362 posts
I think it's good business. The community is largely a bunch of fanboys prepared to pre-order and they are capitalising on it. Good for them.

Vote with your wallet if you don't like it. That's what I will do. If people didn't pre-order, this opportunity for a last minute cash-grab to pay the O/T to finish the project wouldn't exist.
05:29pm 13/06/11 Permalink
Eorl
Gold Coast, Queensland
2160 posts

Says 39.99 pounds for me...
07:41pm 13/06/11 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
18732 posts

Dunno, I might get it from there. I bought my copy of Mortal Kombat thru them and they seemed pretty good. Only bad thing is waiting for it to come from the UK to us.
07:49pm 13/06/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5859 posts
Or you could get it through me via UPS express for an extra buck or 2.

The QGL spirit rests on your shoulders rev!
08:05pm 13/06/11 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
453 posts
Support fixah supporting QGL!
08:27pm 13/06/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5861 posts
^ This forum need a like button.

and for posts like that, a "f***in like" button.
08:39pm 13/06/11 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
7728 posts
This is the poll results from the EA BF3 forums

What do you think of Exclusive DLCs and Weapon/Map Packs?
Good Idea 3% [ 67 ]
Don't Care 3% [ 59 ]
Bad Idea 94% [ 2017 ]
Total Votes : 2143
lol, like EA even give a s***.
12:08am 14/06/11 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
3250 posts
Q: Is the Physical Warfare Pack available in all regions, or just in the UK?
A: It will be available worldwide at select retailers. It was first announced in the UK. Exact details for other countries and retailers will be announced at a later date.

Q: Will Physical Warfare Pack imbalance the game?
A: The three exclusive items in the Physical Warfare Pack were specifically chosen not to be overpowered or imbalance or break the game in any way.

Q: Why do I want the Physical Warfare Pack?
A: Owning these items will give you a more varied arsenal, but it will not give you a significant advantage on the battlefield.

Q: Is the Back to Karkand expansion pack exclusive to pre-orders?
A: No. You can also buy it separately if you do not pre-order Battlefield 3. Back to Karkand will be available the exact same date after the launch of Battlefield 3 no matter if you pre-ordered or buy it separately.

Q: When will the Back to Karkand expansion pack be released?
A: We have not yet announced the Back to Karkand expansion pack release date.

Q: How much does the Back to Karkand Expansion pack cost?
A: We have not yet announced a price. However, it will be included in the Limited Edition at no extra charge.

Q: Do I have to choose between Back to Karkand and the Physical Warfare Pack as my pre-order bonus?

A: No. There is no way you can pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition and not end up with the Back to Karkand expansion pack at no extra charge. On top of this, select retailers all over the world will carry the Physical Warfare Pack. Exact details for other countries and retailers will be announced at a later date.

Q: Why do you offer pre-order bonus items?

A: Because we believe in rewarding our core fanbase with special offers -- such as giving them the Back to Karkand expansion pack at no extra charge.
01:49am 14/06/11 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
7729 posts
Q: Why do you offer pre-order bonus items?

A: Because we believe in rewarding our core fanbase with special offers -- such as giving them the Back to Karkand expansion pack at no extra charge.
lol, I would like to see the stats to back this one up, there's no way in hell pre-orders > regular sales.
08:07am 14/06/11 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
17270 posts
gah what a let down EA.
09:07am 14/06/11 Permalink
d^
Melbourne, Victoria
605 posts
lol, I would like to see the stats to back this one up, there's no way in hell pre-orders > regular sales.

No there's no way. But that isn't what they're saying, they're rewarding the core fanbase of the game. Well worded really.
09:55am 14/06/11 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
11125 posts
boycott
10:18am 14/06/11 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
7731 posts
The way it's worded and taking into account the true meanings of the words "core" and "fanbase", they are saying the majority of previous BF players will preorder as opposed to buying on release.

Not sure if that's true but it very well could be. If the majority of previous BF players buy on release, then preorders are no longer "core" and the people buying it on release are the core fanbase.

last edited by CHUB at 10:20:05 14/Jun/11
10:18am 14/06/11 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
11258 posts
I'm going to make it my mission to punish anyone with the pre-order equipment, muhahaha.
10:21am 14/06/11 Permalink
Eorl
Gold Coast, Queensland
2169 posts
I knew it wouldn't be stupidly op guns, just look at bc2 and its pre orders, they were bloody piss weak.
11:33am 14/06/11 Permalink
Python
Sydney, New South Wales
996 posts
11:39am 14/06/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5867 posts
haha
11:46am 14/06/11 Permalink
Eorl
Gold Coast, Queensland
2171 posts
12:11pm 14/06/11 Permalink
ctd
UK
9527 posts
lols pyth
04:45pm 14/06/11 Permalink
HyperJ
Brisbane, Queensland
357 posts
they actually did something similar with BF2, if you got the "expansion" you could then use the weapons in vanilla BF2
10:00pm 14/06/11 Permalink
Ivonin
Brisbane, Queensland
571 posts
10:27pm 14/06/11 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
7757 posts
10:30pm 14/06/11 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
9393 posts
given that the single player version of BC2 had MORE POTENTIAL MP MAPS THAN YOU POKE A STICK AT I'd be happy to play them for the next 12 months and more on my current old rig. F*** the consolers.

We still haven't even touched the potential MP content of BC2 from a PC perspective given the content available.. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who played the single player campaign through to see the MP maps instead of the crappy story.

...and it s**** me that the gaming journos today have totally overlooked this obvious fact as THEY'RE NOT FPS MP GAMERS @#$%$%&.

(*edit* actually maybe you are and can't comment due to NDA - soz)

I am looking forward to BF3, though I am hoping that someone out there hacks the s*** out of BC2 and manages to access MP maps based on existing game content.. even if it's ported onto another engine.

hmm.. actually EA might notice that

last edited by koopz at 23:11:33 14/Jun/11
11:05pm 14/06/11 Permalink
Eorl
Gold Coast, Queensland
2184 posts
What the hell are you going on about koopz?
11:47pm 14/06/11 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
3255 posts
9 out of 10 koopz posts are unreadable nonsense.
11:48pm 14/06/11 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
9395 posts

+1

9 out of 10 koopz posts are unreadable nonsense.
12:18am 15/06/11 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
11259 posts
Yer I thought I was too tired to make sense of it, now in the morning I'm still too tired to make sense of it.
06:52am 15/06/11 Permalink
Eorl
Gold Coast, Queensland
2189 posts
So, Koopz, plan to tell us what the hell you were on about?
10:20am 15/06/11 Permalink
WirlWind
Central Coast, New South Wales
25 posts
Here's a link to the BF3 poll incase it wasn't linked prior. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1455/6801802.page#15268814

Also, it seems that the PWP isn't going to be available IN ALL COUNTRIES!

Sweden's GAME site is listing a pre-order bonus of 8 skins...
01:48am 16/06/11 Permalink
ctd
UK
9531 posts
http://blogs.forbes.com/johngaudiosi/2011/06/16/electronic-arts-dice-responds-to-battlefield-3-dlc-controversy/

If gamers do not pre-order Battlefield 3 at a retailer carrying the Physical Warfare Pack, they’ll be able to get those special weapons and in-game items for free after the retailer exclusives expire.

When we announced that everybody who pre-orders Battlefield 3 would get an entire future expansion pack at no extra charge, I knew we had created a very generous pre-order offer.”
If you pre-order Battlefield 3, you will be able to play Back to Karkand at no extra charge as soon as it is released, but it is not day one DLC and it is not on the base game disc,

Still lulz. But not as bad I guess. Waiting for the steam vers (does it even exist?)
05:05am 17/06/11 Permalink
Eorl
Gold Coast, Queensland
2220 posts
Yeah we knew Back to Karkhand wasn't DLC because it's not even suppose to be in the game, it's BF2 maps. At least we know now that everyone will get the exlusive T88. Even though it's probably s***.
09:53am 17/06/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:53am 17/06/11 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.