School's back in session, with today's science experiment being the merging of Fire Emblem and Dynasty Warriors.
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes Review
There’s a great game at the core of Diablo: Immortal.
Diablo: Immortal Review - Sanctuary Lost
DreamHack Melbourne represents the first time the festival will hit our shores, and it’s on track to become Australia’s requisite gaming event of the year.
DreamHack Melbourne 2022 is Going to Be Huge
Thanks to the Bethesda ANZ, we've got an amazing custom The Elder Scrolls Online Xbox Series S console pack to giveaway in Australia!
Win This Amazing Elder Scrolls Online Xbox Series S Pack
Terrorist Attacks in USA
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
4096 posts
Making major international news at the moment is the tragic destruction which has just occured in the American cities of New York and Washington. Early reports are still sketchy, but it appears terrorists are responsible for the kamikaze attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, two extremely sensitive buildings - the first from a media point of view and the second from a political point of view.

Anyone that has been watching TV for the last hour or so would have been seeing the incredible visuals that have been coming out of these two cities - the sight of the plane crashing into the World Trade Center and the subsequent collapse of the entire building, leaving that part of the city covered in dust and rubble is something that will remain permanently etched in many memories.

The media are already discussing how that there hasn't been such an attack on the US since Pearl Harbour. News.com.au are reporting that a Palestinian group has claimed responsibility for the act:
Abu Dhabi television reports it's received a call from the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine abroad claiming responsibility for crashing two planes into the World Trade Center buildings.
Stand by for more news as it comes in.

Unfortunately, there's a whole heap of idiot Internet losers that are spreading rumours about this as we speak, making it hard to filter through all the information to find valid information. Any fake information posted or mentioned will be dealt with harshly, so please don't do it.

Update: 1:12am cnn.com, in an effort to cope with the immense traffic that is flooding over the entire Internet as people scramble for information, has updated their page to a much simpler version. Here's the current information:
Both World Trade Center towers collapse after plane crashes
Plane crashes into Pentagon, part of the Pentagon collapses
Bush calls trade center crashes terrorist act
Major federal buildings, United Nations evacuated
FAA grounds all domestic flights, sends trans-Atlantic flights to Canada
Israel evacuates embassies

It is the first time in US history that all planes have been ordered grounded until further notice. Fighter planes have been scrambled and are visible in the air over several major cities. San Francisco and Los Angeles are in a state of 'tactical alert', and US Navy forces in Virginia are in a more alert DEFCON state.
1:18am abc.net.au are reporting John Howard has been moved from his hotel, which is only a short distance from the White House.
1:29am Planes headed to the USA have been detoured to Canada. Yassir Arafat (PLO leader) denies any involvement and expresses his sadness at the incident.
1:35am American Airlines confirmed to have lost 2 planes in 'tragic incidents'.
1:43am Confusion reigns in the air as air traffic controllers struggle to cope with all the planes - several planes are being described as 'missing' as their status is confirmed. President Bush is safe on board Air Force One; the Secret Service are not disclosing his location (the press sound sort of suprised about that, for some reason). Fire is spreading in the Pentagon despite attempts to control it.
1:48am cnn.com updates - 10,000 emergency workers head to scene of incident to aid in rescue operations.
1:52am United Airlines has said it is "deeply concerned" about Flight l75 from Boston to Los Angeles - its status is currently unknown.
1:53am Newsfeeds and other communications continue to be disrupted as services struggle to keep up with the huge demand for information.
2:12am Some photos from the scenes are availble.
2:16am Media reporting blood shortages and an open plea to people in the area to urgently donate blood.
2:22am cnn.com updates again: Non-essential NATO employees asked to leave Brussels HQ, and Taliban issues statement to tell U.S. 'Afghanistan feels your pain'. Also, updates to their main article indicate that the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) has been evacuated and are investigating and preparing for biological warfare possibilities. Disney World in Florida has been closed. The INS is on a high state of alert to control the Mexican and Canadian Borders.
2:40am Some video footage is now available for download.
3:10am cnn.com have a more accurate chronology of events as they unfolded.
3:16am US President George Bush addresses the world and states that they will "hunt down and punish" the perpetrators of this incident.
12:26am 12/09/01 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:26am 12/09/01 Permalink
BlitZ
New South Wales
14 posts
watching it to the second
12:27am 12/09/01 Permalink
trog
Brisbane, Queensland
4097 posts
For the record, no stupid posts will be tolerated about this incident - it is a huge tragedy that could quite easily lead to further death and destruction, so please keep your witty comments to yourself.
12:28am 12/09/01 Permalink
-Eds-
Brisbane, Queensland
2616 posts
trog, was it you that deleted my thread about the world trade center collapsing?
12:29am 12/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1328 posts
grrrr, everyone go here for my report
12:35am 12/09/01 Permalink
trog
Brisbane, Queensland
4099 posts
dunno, was it stupid?
12:36am 12/09/01 Permalink
-Eds-
Brisbane, Queensland
2617 posts
No, just saying that it had collapsed.

Doesnt Matter
12:37am 12/09/01 Permalink
-Eds-
Brisbane, Queensland
2618 posts
NrKy, No one cares about your report
12:38am 12/09/01 Permalink
-Eds-
Brisbane, Queensland
2619 posts
Hahahaha, NrKy, tahts the worst report ever, and seeing as though ONE person relied, it must be a popular post
12:39am 12/09/01 Permalink
Arr0w
Brisbane, Queensland
85 posts
THanks for deleting b2's post Trog, this is tragic... please delete further ignorant posts, i find them more tragic.
12:39am 12/09/01 Permalink
Moridin
Brisbane, Queensland
1834 posts
The is just awful, I can see this as one of those events you remember for the rest of your life...
12:47am 12/09/01 Permalink
The Satan Gundam
Brisbane, Queensland
354 posts
like Diana
12:49am 12/09/01 Permalink
Cailean
New South Wales
513 posts
this is horrible.
12:50am 12/09/01 Permalink
Cailean
New South Wales
514 posts
scary to think we have their president, and they have ours..
12:54am 12/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1329 posts
eds, go f*** yourself, i was just typing at a million miles an hour, and dont really care wot u think, ok!
12:54am 12/09/01 Permalink
-Eds-
Brisbane, Queensland
2621 posts
Mabye, Just maybe, its bill gates......

12:55am 12/09/01 Permalink
Cailean
New South Wales
516 posts
people jumping out of the world trade centre..

OMG.. that is just too real for me.
01:02am 12/09/01 Permalink
lamopunjo
Brisbane, Queensland
41 posts
* N U K E D *

By lamopunjo
01:04am 12/09/01 Permalink
Cailean
New South Wales
517 posts
yeh, that's what i meant. woops.

he is udner complete lock down too. queensland somewhere.
01:05am 12/09/01 Permalink
[xds.night]
Melbourne, Victoria
36 posts
this was a very well organised attack.....i wonder who is behind all this
01:21am 12/09/01 Permalink
The Satan Gundam
Brisbane, Queensland
364 posts
don't we all
01:25am 12/09/01 Permalink
PeaceKeeper
Brisbane, Queensland
937 posts
and what s**** me is, they call themselves a "Democratic Front". How the f*****g hell does killing people make you a f*****g democratic organisation?
01:25am 12/09/01 Permalink
Leon Trotsky
Brisbane, Queensland
146 posts
one of the most catastrophic events is under way - and all you guys can do is b**** and moan to each other about a post ffs!!!
01:26am 12/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1332 posts
maybe the whole of palestine voted to bomb the yanx?
wouldnt seem out of place, damned arabs always seem to be pulling off s*** like this
01:27am 12/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1333 posts
im just wondering wtf the pres is going to do about it, we havent heard much from him
01:28am 12/09/01 Permalink
PeaceKeeper
Brisbane, Queensland
938 posts
I know Leon, and 'NrKy's' "report" on it was just him laughing at it.
The Satan Gundam
Brisbane, Queensland
365 posts
I'll say this again there isn't any proof that anyone has done it yet. People like to claim they did it even though they didn't.
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1334 posts
i still reckon it was bill gates
01:38am 12/09/01 Permalink
-Eds-
Brisbane, Queensland
2632 posts
i still beleive your a f**.

Yeha, but you could imagine whats going on atm to fiund out WHO did it.

And the president had a speech earlier NrKy, you f**, and he is currently in the air, so it makes it a little hard
01:50am 12/09/01 Permalink
PeaceKeeper
Brisbane, Queensland
941 posts
erm, dont we have a commenwealth heads meeting here in Brisbane soon?
01:53am 12/09/01 Permalink
Goa`uld!
Brisbane, Queensland
847 posts
scary
01:54am 12/09/01 Permalink
CardGuard
Brisbane, Queensland
257 posts
yeah they got their cities mixed up.
02:14am 12/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1340 posts
grrr, they should simplify the other pages on cnn too, cos if u wanna see anything else, its laggy as s***
02:59am 12/09/01 Permalink
Chod
Brisbane, Queensland
383 posts
UPDATE:
Guys i have a few links you might want... sorry about the copy and paste but its a quick post for info...

1. MMS Broadcast Live:
mms://livewm.fplive.net/ffnet/212.187.178.230_0.0.36.3

2. Live Winamp Stream of NYPD Radio:
http://66.9.105.2:8666/listen.pls

3. Picture of the Twin towers of the WTC as it was before the crash (Aerial shot from satellite
http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_find?link=btwn%2Ftwn-map_results&uid=uduax4l1c6zdc1hb%3A2x9ubau6za&SNVData=3mad3-9u%2Chr%253br20uaw%253d%253dt5uurw%2524tw2%2528%253a%2528_%253d%253a%2510F%253da1s1zz_%2529f1nq07_1.lq%25286%2Cqej%257cynbgmej%2Cfwgf-d.vq7%253b2&pcat=&aphoto=1&MAP_AB_LABELS=&WORK=&mouse_mode=zoomin&map.x=239&map.y=197

Sorry about the quick links and ne information which is not accurate.

Chod.
02:59am 12/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1342 posts
ooooooh, funky poo!!!! i never knew that nypd radio existed
03:02am 12/09/01 Permalink
Chod
Brisbane, Queensland
384 posts
To tell you the truth neither did i till i saw this link floating round irc...

I just thought some people might be interested
03:03am 12/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1343 posts
ta
03:06am 12/09/01 Permalink
nightstalker
Brisbane, Queensland
194 posts
all on the 9th month 11th day (911)
04:20am 12/09/01 Permalink
silver_ice
Brisbane, Queensland
238 posts
thats f***en so movie-ish the way the trade centres just collapsed
05:54am 12/09/01 Permalink
WaR-FaC
Brisbane, Queensland
275 posts
I fear the reprocusions of this attack.
06:07am 12/09/01 Permalink
Cyph
Brisbane, Queensland
1463 posts
Gtting woken up at 5am and being told about this ( I wasnt watching TV or on the net last night ), isnt the way to start the day.

Americas gonna go full scale offensive on any terrorist forces they have any idea who may have done this.

The one thing that shocks me the most, is the fact that in those arab countries people are CELEBRATING. How can people possibly celebrate the death of a possible 50,000 people in the World Trade Center.

Last time I checked, doesnt the Islamic religion say tolerance of other religions/beliefs, yet these idiots, no, idiots isnt the right word, d*******s (and that still ISNT the right word for them), do this for ALLAH and that crap.

I hope there is a hell, and that the people who committed this act go there for eternity.
07:00am 12/09/01 Permalink
WaR-FaC
Brisbane, Queensland
276 posts
Say Bye bye, to the people who did this... they are f***ed seriously!...
07:02am 12/09/01 Permalink
BOB the Fruit
Brisbane, Queensland
2469 posts
What effect will the collapse of the WTC have on International Trade?
The WTC is basically a central hub for trade isn't it?

I wonder what the US will be doing in retalliation.

10000-50000 people. Crazy terrorists.
07:23am 12/09/01 Permalink
Cyph
Brisbane, Queensland
1464 posts
BOB - yep, the london stock exchange just closed, and sent everyone home.

Similar stuff would be happening all around the world.
07:37am 12/09/01 Permalink
BOB the Fruit
Brisbane, Queensland
2470 posts
Thought so.
And this leaves the US in an odd position. Because they have noone to directly retaliate too, and they can't just say "oh well" if they have 10000-50000 dead.
07:47am 12/09/01 Permalink
Scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
769 posts
thats the bad thing, when america closes for the day, so does the rest of the world.

07:49am 12/09/01 Permalink
Cyph
Brisbane, Queensland
1465 posts
oh they have someone to retaliate against. they should just go and attack bin Laden anyway, just to get rid of people like him off the face of the earth.

Stealth bomber, whatever, send it over afghanistan, im sure people wont mind too much if a known fanatical terrorist is taken out.
07:52am 12/09/01 Permalink
<>rb|+<>r
Brisbane, Queensland
32 posts
omg, their are some thoroughly evil people in this world. To see Palestinians CELEBRATING this horrendous act just made me feel sick.

I hope justice is met soon and that plans to drive out terrorism are under way.

I worry about the possibility that other groups may just see this as a perfect opportunity to add to the chaos.
07:56am 12/09/01 Permalink
Scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
771 posts
this world is screwed, people are selfish and hatefull, if this world ended this afternoon, i would not care, knowing those evil people are gone for good.
07:58am 12/09/01 Permalink
Tung
Brisbane, Queensland
571 posts
orbitor, its a question of viewpoint. If Iraq happened to have some major disaster that killed saddam, many americans would be celebrating (i dont agree with it, but you have to take in the wider perspective)

Though if its more than just a terrorist act, then i smell some severe conflicts happening soon
08:00am 12/09/01 Permalink
<>rb|+<>r
Brisbane, Queensland
33 posts
I can understand that the killing of the American president or governmental/military figures might be celebrated by some people, but that ISN'T what this is about. This was an intentional attack against civilians, and anyone who manages to celebrate the murder of thousands of innocents (many who weren't even American btw) is just either hopelessly indoctrinated or plain evil. How can anyone celebrate the death of INNOCENTS!!!!??
08:04am 12/09/01 Permalink
BOB the Fruit
Brisbane, Queensland
2471 posts
In my oppinion, I believe there is a high chance of conflict anyway.
Bush will want to flex his might and go destroy some stuff.
And Tung, if a major accident killed Saddam, I would celebrate. However, if the major accident killed a possibly 50000 civilians, then I know I wouldn't celebrate that as any kind of victory.
Civilian casualties are part of war. I accept the fact that civilians are killed during crisis times.
However, this wasn't even war. This was a terrorist attack, and their main purpose was to kill civilians.
08:05am 12/09/01 Permalink
Tung
Brisbane, Queensland
573 posts
im not saying it wasnt, im just saying that america is the big bad country to many people

i want justice exacted, but i dont want world war 3
08:06am 12/09/01 Permalink
Scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
774 posts
oh great, now the us are attacking karbul in afganistan, rocket striking fuel dumps
08:07am 12/09/01 Permalink
<>rb|+<>r
Brisbane, Queensland
34 posts
i just want them punished. severely.
08:07am 12/09/01 Permalink
Hobbit
Brisbane, Queensland
2 posts
Its not on what these guys did. They beed to be punished but how is america going to avenge the deaths of thousands of ppl?? who knows nehow i dont think it matters. Lets hope that the aftermath isnt too extreme
08:12am 12/09/01 Permalink
Predator
Brisbane, Queensland
45 posts
Vin Laden will no doubt be another statistic in 24 hours....
08:28am 12/09/01 Permalink
Predator
Brisbane, Queensland
46 posts
btw anyone else find it stupid they are announcing where the president will be on the news?
08:38am 12/09/01 Permalink
Yeti Skinner
Brisbane, Queensland
195 posts
The scariest part of this whole incident is that there is a book written about 5 years ago where all of this happened!
08:42am 12/09/01 Permalink
sprayNwipe
Brisbane, Queensland
821 posts
My Dad was on an inbound flight to New York...he's been diverted, luckily. I don't think I've ever panicked as much as I have in the last 30mins trying to find out what happened to him.

This is just completely horrible...I'm speechless...
08:51am 12/09/01 Permalink
SpadgeMunkie
Brisbane, Queensland
111 posts
it was me
08:54am 12/09/01 Permalink
SquarkyD
Brisbane, Queensland
1211 posts
this is possibily the scariest single attack inside the USA ever. to think that they made these attacks on the US, but the WORLD trade centre, it's almost an attack on the free world.

i woudnt be suprised if intelligence agencies from all round the world (USA, Germany, France, Britten, even China) would be involved in finding the coward responsible for this. whoever was behind it better have achieved what they wanted because it will probably be the last thing they ever do on this earth.
08:56am 12/09/01 Permalink
Kane
Melbourne, Victoria
81 posts
We all know what gonna happen... after the US finds out who really did it... they'll just smash the entire area with armor and planes... noone would mind either..

That's the worst bit for me... last thing we need is another friggin war....

As for the Trade... well, US will never recover fully...Probably the rest of the world as well, since it all centers around the Trade Center...

World is f***ed, and we all know it
08:57am 12/09/01 Permalink
SquarkyD
Brisbane, Queensland
1212 posts
"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654

that what u guys are refering too.
09:10am 12/09/01 Permalink
Yeti Skinner
Brisbane, Queensland
196 posts
Bird that is a load of crap.

If they guy was right the world would have already ended!
09:12am 12/09/01 Permalink
SquarkyD
Brisbane, Queensland
1214 posts
true, i was just askin if that was the passage they were talking about
09:12am 12/09/01 Permalink
Bowen
Brisbane, Queensland
208 posts
Nostradamus is a great phlosfer.... don't nock him!! ok he got ww1 and ww2 right as well as the plague ect ect
09:21am 12/09/01 Permalink
Torment
Sydney, New South Wales
862 posts
I stay up till about 2am in the morning watching about 4 - 5 foxtel channels about this, the bad parts for me were when they sighted two more reported planes coming near the World Trade Centre (when it stood), but in actual fact they were helicoptors, scared the s*** out of me and a couple of people reporting the news.

Also the fact that when that ptisburg (spelling) plane was hijacked anss was coming towards washington, that scared me and alot of other people as well.

I don't think the US will stand for this, I just hope World War III _does not_ result in this.

As a result my heart and prayers goes out to the people directly and indirectly affect by this.
09:23am 12/09/01 Permalink
Cailean
New South Wales
525 posts
they actually had Tom Clancy on the phone on CNN last night. 2ish I like.

Just talking in general about the incident, and his thoughts.
09:27am 12/09/01 Permalink
WarT
Brisbane, Queensland
5310 posts
crash video

for people that havn't seen it
09:28am 12/09/01 Permalink
Pharcyde
Brisbane, Queensland
583 posts
man... WW3 = Nuclear War = Holocaust = Any survivors take on a Fallout-type role for the rest of existance.

Been good knowin' ya guys
09:34am 12/09/01 Permalink
Torment
Sydney, New South Wales
863 posts
If it does come to Nuclear War I don't thinki there would be a Earth left.
09:36am 12/09/01 Permalink
SquarkyD
Brisbane, Queensland
1216 posts
WW3 would be non-nuclear UNTIL somebody launched one.
i hope that bush isnt STUPID enough to resort to such a wide-spread retaliation as that. any retaliation that is taken will mosy likely be public and for world war to occur it would take more than some afgans vs. the free world. war may occur, but i doubt world war.
09:38am 12/09/01 Permalink
The Satan Gundam
Brisbane, Queensland
370 posts
Yeah and tom was talking about his book that featured a attack using a 747
09:45am 12/09/01 Permalink
BOB the Fruit
Brisbane, Queensland
2472 posts
I just heard a speech from John Howard on the radio about how Australia will aid America whereever necessary.
If America goes to war, looks like we will too.
That will make us a nuclear target if the conflict escalates to that level.
Woohoo.

And it might very likely go to nuclear war, because Bush is that sorta guy.
09:47am 12/09/01 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
732 posts
My boss's brother was on the 7th floor of the 2nd tower. He got out ok, and didn't even know the second plane had crashed until he was called later.

He STILL hasn't manged to get home yet. You can't even begin to imagine the chaos.
09:47am 12/09/01 Permalink
Cailean
New South Wales
527 posts
yeh, what book, was that? I have never read a tom clancy before and it seems like a good introduction.
09:52am 12/09/01 Permalink
The Satan Gundam
Brisbane, Queensland
372 posts
he prably has a long distance to travel I'd imagine it would take me a while to get home from the city
09:54am 12/09/01 Permalink
Scythe1o1
Brisbane, Queensland
1081 posts
Just saw a close shot of the first plane hitting on the news. It went all the way into the structure, then exploded.
10:02am 12/09/01 Permalink
Toll Booth Willy
Brisbane, Queensland
1192 posts
I dont think WW3 will result from this :/
10:05am 12/09/01 Permalink
Yeti Skinner
Brisbane, Queensland
198 posts
Yeah
it is pretty freaky the amount of planning and precision involved in getting something like this to happen.
10:06am 12/09/01 Permalink
Taipan
Brisbane, Queensland
1264 posts
Bob we have always been a possible target particularly since Pine gap was biult in the 60's.
10:13am 12/09/01 Permalink
Gobo
Sydney, New South Wales
210 posts
Click

Wierd.
10:16am 12/09/01 Permalink
Skurj
Brisbane, Queensland
16 posts
The Tom Clancy novel referred to is "Debt of Honour", where a Japanese 767 (piloted by Japanese pilot intent on revenge) is crashed into the WhiteHouse.

Hundreds of US senators and politicians were in the Whitehouse and were killed. The US government was crippled for months afterwards.

You can imagine what the Secret Service were thinking when news of the Trade centre and Pentagon attacks came through.

And once all civilian aircaft were ordered to stay on the ground or to land immediately, I have no doudt the US airforce had orders to shoot down any "suspicious" aircraft.

I think the phrase "Holy f**k" sums it all up.
10:17am 12/09/01 Permalink
Taipan
Brisbane, Queensland
1265 posts
I just heard that some 200 fire fighters are missing pressumed dead and 70 odd police men aswell.
10:18am 12/09/01 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
733 posts
It may be worth looking around for other news sources too as events unfold further. Don't just rely on CNN/ABC.com.

Good list of news services
http://www.commondreams.org/

NewsTrolls (mainly updated by NewYorkers - usually a good alternative news source)
http://www.newstrolls.com/

AFP
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/world/afp.html

Rueters
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Terrorism/

MiddleEast Newswire
http://www.middleeastwire.com/

Guardian
http://www.guardian.co.uk/

Islamic News Agency
http://www.irna.com/en/head/index.shtml
10:20am 12/09/01 Permalink
MADMAX
334 posts
f*** well looks like we are at war then too..if we are american allies like the poms and canada we better look out also ,,chogam coming soon s*** ,,also is america at DEFCON 1 or 2 ?????
10:45am 12/09/01 Permalink
DeFCoN
Brisbane, Queensland
329 posts
people are actually doing this

omg its funny and all... but not right now...
10:52am 12/09/01 Permalink
MADMAX
335 posts
check out middle east news link apparently it could be the japanese terrorist group its unconfirmed thou !
10:56am 12/09/01 Permalink
Taipan
Brisbane, Queensland
1267 posts
MADMAX I heard the alert situation called "DELTA" is inforce at present.

I have never heard of this one b4 I always thought it was Defon 1,2,3, or 4.
11:00am 12/09/01 Permalink
Rodolphe
Brisbane, Queensland
2758 posts
The TV just said that it wasn't the actually impacts of the planes that broght down the building, it was
the heat from the fire. Those building are basically a glass/steel/concrete shell with each floor
of the building attached to it by steel beams etc. The steel becomes very weak under the huge
amount of heat generated by all the fires inside the building and the hot air pressing outwards against
the shell of the building, when this "shell" breaks away the floors at that part of the
shell collapse, these collapsing floors subsequently take out floors underneath, this keeps
going until the whole building is leveled.
11:01am 12/09/01 Permalink
Yeti Skinner
Brisbane, Queensland
200 posts
Delta probably means they are going to send in the Delta Force to kick Osama Bin Ladins ass.
11:03am 12/09/01 Permalink
Rodolphe
Brisbane, Queensland
2759 posts
If they can find him that is.
11:04am 12/09/01 Permalink
Yeti Skinner
Brisbane, Queensland
201 posts
They will.
If they want something they usually get it.
11:07am 12/09/01 Permalink
The Satan Gundam
Brisbane, Queensland
373 posts
The TV just said that it wasn't the actually impacts of the planes that broght down the building, it was the heat from the fire.

cool I was right the plane crahing into the building wouldn't take it down too bad the fire did. ):)
11:08am 12/09/01 Permalink
Taipan
Brisbane, Queensland
1268 posts
I don't know about you guys but when I see something this big and this tragic happen I get this overwhelming urg to do something to help out.I felt the same way a few years back when Sydney had it's big fires.

It's realy frustrating not being able to help these poor ppl.
11:10am 12/09/01 Permalink
valine
Adelaide, South Australia
47 posts
Current Military Status: Code Charlie & Delta
Code Charlie & Delta is the level the United States would be at in war times.
11:12am 12/09/01 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
1818 posts
Yeah, I heard that interview with Tom Clancy as well. Its pretty crazy when the man best qualified to give an opinion on the subject is a writer of fiction. Talk about life immitating art in the worst way possible...
Rodolphe
Brisbane, Queensland
2761 posts
I still have such a surreal feeling about this happening... I only found out about 2 hours ago though.
Yeti Skinner
Brisbane, Queensland
203 posts
Yeah but he was also in the military for about 10 years or something.
11:14am 12/09/01 Permalink
^rza
Brisbane, Queensland
254 posts
Possible outcome?

USA goes to war, Australia introduces conscription. Anyone between the ages say 17-30 is given basic combat training before being shipped over there...
11:15am 12/09/01 Permalink
StreX
Brisbane, Queensland
1503 posts
Well, this one one motherf***** of a wake-up call.

Enjoy life now.
11:16am 12/09/01 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
1819 posts
Its pretty shocking really. I was laying in bed about midnight last night, half listening to Triple J, when I caught something about "attack on the pentagon" and "twin towers of the world trade center collapsed" and thought wtf? is this a bad joke?

So I turned in the television in my room and just sat there stunned for the next few hours. As people have said above, it just doesn't feel real, things like this aren't supposed to happen in real life. Seeing the footage of the out of control plane slamming into the side of the second tower and watching the two towers come crashing down into the middle of the city, to see people jumping out of a 96 storey tower to try and escape, its quite honestly one of the most unbelieveable things I have ever been witness to.

I mean, this is one of those events people will read about in history books 50 years on, just like we read about pearl harbour now. All I am doing is watching it on tv and I know its going to leave a permanent mark on me, can you even begin to imagine what it must be like for people there, in the middle of it?

11:19am 12/09/01 Permalink
Toll Booth Willy
Brisbane, Queensland
1196 posts
before it enjoys you!
11:21am 12/09/01 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
1820 posts
And on another note, I live right near the Enogerra military camp, and there is a definate increased level of activity around here. Planes and choppers have been circling around here since early this morning.
11:22am 12/09/01 Permalink
Gobo
Sydney, New South Wales
211 posts
It definitely makes you realise how senseless and insane humans can be. What kind of people rejoice and celebrate when innocent civilians are killed? That kind of thinking is completely alien.

Equally, it's only because this has happened in a non-third world country that it's so shocking... how many times do we all read/hear as some minor byline about the tens of thousands reported slain in some pissant African dictatorship?

Religion has a lot to answer for. People can argue that it's in the nature of man to fight atheist or whatever, but just take a look at how many lives have been lost in the name of a spiritual belief. It's the tool that allows the weak minded to feel like they are accomplishinh a wider objective that just slaughtering people because they can.
11:24am 12/09/01 Permalink
Toll Booth Willy
Brisbane, Queensland
1197 posts
hmm sig change time :/
11:25am 12/09/01 Permalink
Toll Booth Willy
Brisbane, Queensland
1198 posts
:/
11:28am 12/09/01 Permalink
Mayhem
Sydney, New South Wales
5 posts
Introducing World War III
11:29am 12/09/01 Permalink
The Satan Gundam
Brisbane, Queensland
375 posts
I just saw Arafat making a statemant he looked like he was shaking and his lips were quivering as he stutered he statement. I bet he won't be sleeping well for a while.
11:29am 12/09/01 Permalink
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
88 posts
Stealth bomber, whatever, send it over afghanistan, im sure people wont mind too much if a known fanatical terrorist is taken out.

It won't happen, if it was Bin Laden's doing, and they kill him, Then they'll never find out who did it.
People have a tendency to not like that.
11:31am 12/09/01 Permalink
Toll Booth Willy
Brisbane, Queensland
1199 posts
he always stuters and shakes his lips dosnt he?
11:32am 12/09/01 Permalink
The Satan Gundam
Brisbane, Queensland
376 posts
Don't know?
11:34am 12/09/01 Permalink
Taipan
Brisbane, Queensland
1269 posts
rza The age limit on ppl joining the Aussie army is now upto 50 these days.
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
89 posts
I just heard a speech from John Howard on the radio about how Australia will aid America whereever necessary.
If America goes to war, looks like we will too.

Bye bye Strex
The Satan Gundam
Brisbane, Queensland
377 posts
who f***ed the thread?
11:36am 12/09/01 Permalink
Frag
Queensland
122 posts
Diana wasn't really sad, this is if only because it was A) planned B) executed where it would have the most effect ie where 50,000 ppl work daily. I actually laughed when mom woke me up this morn, i was like "yea wat ever sif anyone would do that to america" walks out to the lounge room and almost callapses as they show the vision of a plane full of innocent ppl plough into one of the Towers. Some serious slaw is gonna go down for this!
11:37am 12/09/01 Permalink
Frag
Queensland
123 posts
god damn Tung, are u stoopid??
the whole world would be in agreement that if saddam was dead we would celabrate. The fact that hes an oppressor, theif and treats his people like s*** means that hes a bad person.
Jezus, i totally agree with what america does, it tries to secure world peace. The only people who think america are bad asses are the ppl trying to f*** the world up!

get a f*****g life
11:47am 12/09/01 Permalink
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
90 posts
I don't agree with Australia jumping to conclusions saying we'll back up America in a fight...

Australia's forces suck compared to America's... Don't need to be an unecessary target until America actually does something...

I say Bin Laden and anybody harbouring him is dead when they find him.
11:52am 12/09/01 Permalink
Jarinor
Brisbane, Queensland
57 posts
I know you guys are going to hate me, but really, from an objective point of view, this was brilliant. What better way to get attention for whatever you want? Sure, the loss of life is terrible, but this was a f*****g brilliant move. If you can't see that, you can't see the whole picture.

Of course the Palestinians are dancing and s***. You have no idea how much they hate the "West". The only reason they like tourists is that they bring in money which they can then use to buy guns to shoot the tourists with as they leave (okay, that last bit is exaggeration, but they do only want tourists for their money).

I also think that you are exaggerating the importance of this event too early. Yes, it will go down in the history books. However, you cannot say for sure what will happen to the United States. History will tell us the impact and consequences of this, not amateur psychology. How you can say this is a life changing event unless someone you know was killed is beyond me. I'm well aware of the fact that I'm appearing to be "heartless" here - my "heartlessness" is what I'm known for.

Yes, it is sad, but it is one of the best anti-American blows ever struck. It's the best attention-grabbing terrorist incident ever. I'm sorry, but it's true.

On another note, I hear that CHOGM has been cancelled. Can anyone confirm that? I'm too lazy.
11:58am 12/09/01 Permalink
Crunch
Perth, Western Australia
105 posts
Wasn't Bin Laden the same cameljockey behind the previous attempt to blow up the WTC? They haven't been able to find him for the last 8 or so years, I'd be surprised if they could suddenly find him now.

12:03pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
92 posts
I think for 4 planes to be hijacked... people HAD to be working on the inside at the airports (they said this on the news too I think)
12:04pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
93 posts
Ramzi Yousef was behind the previous attempt on WTC
12:10pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
1821 posts
From what I've heard, CHOGM is still going ahead, Peter Beatty made a statement to that effect. I think security will probably be hiked up a decent amount though.

As for it being a world changing event, how can it not be? Even aside from the obvious political and economical implications, after seeing the ease with which enemies of the US struck right into the heart of their country, how could people NOT be afraid?
12:17pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Yeti Skinner
Brisbane, Queensland
204 posts
Osama Bin Laden has been found it is just he is being protected by the Taliban.
He has heaps of money (he is like a billionaire!) and funds all their stuff for protection.

Even if we went after him he has a whole private army.
12:19pm 12/09/01 Permalink
BOB the Fruit
Brisbane, Queensland
2475 posts
From the way Bush said "Our Military is strong and prepared" sounded like "We are gonna f*** some c**** up good".
12:21pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
95 posts
I thought (was pretty sure) they don't know where Bin Laden is...

and personal armies don't really do much when you're being attacked by the rest of the free world, especially from the sly.
12:22pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Yeti Skinner
Brisbane, Queensland
205 posts
Yeah well there is nothing they can do at this stage as he has denied this attack and 2 other groups have both claimed responsiblity.
12:25pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
96 posts
Bush hasn't even been president long... and he's already got people blowing s*** up against America... he's not doing too bad.
12:28pm 12/09/01 Permalink
BOB the Fruit
Brisbane, Queensland
2476 posts
Uh, from all accounts, so far NOONE has claim responsibility.
12:28pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
1822 posts
Yeah, a few small groups have, the democratic something something something something something something of palestine did, but none of the ones that have claimed responsibility have neither the balls or the resources to do something like this...
12:31pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
97 posts
Abu Dhabi television reports it's received a call from the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine abroad claiming responsibility for crashing two planes into the World Trade Center buildings.

that is all.
12:32pm 12/09/01 Permalink
necra
Brisbane, Queensland
2237 posts
Well i'm not worried. About the WWIII thing i mean.

It's just NONE would DARE to start anything like that, the consequences would be enormous. There are some stupid ppl in this world, but not that stupid.
12:33pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Frag
Queensland
126 posts
its wierd other groups are claiming for it when Bin Laden has been saying for months/years hes gonna do something big to america. This seems pretty big to me?
12:34pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Pharcyde
Brisbane, Queensland
588 posts
Our Military may not be as large as the U.S but we are JUST as strong. The U.S don't properly train all of there soldiers, there is just more of them. Australia have less soldier's but the training is FAR superior.

Australia has THE best Commando force in the world. Why you say? THE best training.
12:35pm 12/09/01 Permalink
BOB the Fruit
Brisbane, Queensland
2478 posts
Actually, I just heard that the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine quickly stated that they DID NOT claim responsibility for this attack.
So, they still do not know who was behind the bombing (is it called a bombing? or a planeing?)
12:36pm 12/09/01 Permalink
MADMAX
336 posts
yes indeed it might not be the afghans it could be japanese it could be any one of a number of countries ...that have terrorist organizations!!!
12:36pm 12/09/01 Permalink
necra
Brisbane, Queensland
2238 posts
I believe it's called F***ED UP STUPIDITY.
12:37pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
98 posts
Osama Bin Laden funded money to Ramzi Yousef for the previous attempt on WTC...

Its quite a possible that he's responsible for this as well, but again, nobody knows for certain..

I saw we cut his balls off with a rusty butter-knife no sharper than a paddle-pop stick anyway
12:38pm 12/09/01 Permalink
MADMAX
337 posts
America is lucky the terrorist never had ANTHRAX straped to them!
12:39pm 12/09/01 Permalink
FiREFLy
Sydney, New South Wales
98 posts
George bush is the kind of person who doesn't mind a war so it will be interesting to see what reaction he decides on taking...

Everyone knew this was coming.. but this was so well co-ordinated and planned, people could only stand by and watch it happen.
12:41pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
100 posts
They terrorists were armed with knives and box cutters..
Why didnt the people on the plane all jump them at once?
its pretty hard to swing a knife around @ multiple people... once you get it stuck in someone it takes an effort to rip it out and shove it in another one... by that time you've had your head smacked in and you've been thrown out the plane...

Then again, the people didn't KNOW they were doomed to crash into a building, so why would they take the risk of being cut up..
12:47pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
1823 posts
So if you were on the plane, would you volunteer to be the guy that jumped up and got the knife stuck in him?
12:52pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Silent Remorse
Brisbane, Queensland
948 posts
I'm still in awe...

I just finished watching a video at about 10ish last night and I turned off the tv and started to play DoD when after about 30 mins everyone stopped playing and started yelling to turn on the tv - so I reach over and click on channel 10 just in time to see live footage of a passenger plane plunge into the WTC. F*** was I ever in shock. I think I just sat there staring at the horrific event hoping it was part of some movie...but alas it wasnt. Those people jumping out of the building were real, the WTC actually DID collapse and more and more people were dying. I stayed up till 4am watching the footage until I realised I had to work in a few hours and forced myself to sleep.

This is so f***ed.

The main question on my mind is why? Why kill so many innocent people? I'd hate to be a NewYorker - u'd feel incredibly unsafe and like a part of your life had been stripped away.

I think someone on this board said it best - There is gonna be some serious slaw - The US is PISSED.

Why am I freaked out? I havent heard so many people say WW3 in such a short space of time... and im worried because its a very real chance.
12:54pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
101 posts
Khel -> Yes, if I knew I was going to blow up into a building.. abso-f*****g-lutely I would prefer to get stabbed by a knife...
better chance of survival... (as long as every one jumps the terro with u)

Oh yeah.. and Khel, I've been held up and robbed at knife point before.. I know what its like.
12:58pm 12/09/01 Permalink
MADMAX
338 posts
Well there was 4 planes 1 didnt find it target i recon they tried to fight them off or the pilot new they where going to crash into heaps of people so he ditch the plane he might be a hero??
12:59pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Cuss Cuss
Sydney, New South Wales
10 posts
yes america has some of the dumbest grunts in the worldbut they have allot of them, aus has far better quality soldiers.
Send in the Gurkers(spelling?) they are the BEST personel in the world.
01:00pm 12/09/01 Permalink
clipto
72 posts
Loki : I don't agree with Australia jumping to conclusions saying we'll back up America in a fight...

We are allies ffs, of course we will back them up, without their support its reasonable to argue we are f***ed. Also they are in the right, this is one pisspoor time for Australia to suddenly back down, we have always been there befor.

Pharcyde : Our Military may not be as large as the U.S but we are JUST as strong. The U.S don't properly train all of there soldiers, there is just more of them. Australia have less soldier's but the training is FAR superior.

How could you possibly say that? How could we be just as strong when they outnumber us in manpower, airpower, navy assets, in every f*****g way, they have some of if not the most advanced s*** on the planet, we dont even rate compared to them, my god what an ignorant statement.

Also they have been after Osama Bin Laden for as long as I can remember, this changes nothing.

Its f*****g amasing that all these terroritst had was knifes...

So far the most amasing thing though is in the past everyone has blown s*** up with bombs, thats way more complicated, why did no one do this befor? prolly cos they didnt have the balls to go down with the plane.
01:00pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
102 posts
its always a possibility... but the FBI have a recording of a 911 call from onboard the 4th plane...
they're looking into it if it's authentic or not...
if it is then the 4th plane was "definately" hijacked...
I heard on CNN (chan 34) that they weren't 100% that the 4th was hijacked, just highly likely...

Also people were (are) buried alive in WTC but rescuers weren't/are allowed inside the perimeter!
01:02pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Speedy_Gonzalis
Brisbane, Queensland
376 posts
these people that are jumping out of the building, how many stories have they jumped.
01:04pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Hobbit
Brisbane, Queensland
5 posts
110 is the max
01:06pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Hobbit
Brisbane, Queensland
6 posts
110 is the max stories of the building
01:07pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Speedy_Gonzalis
Brisbane, Queensland
377 posts
wasn't there stairs or anything that they could escape out of the building,
01:09pm 12/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1344 posts
hmm, doubt it we will go to ww3.
but that nostradamus crap squawkd brought up is f*****g scary!
yeah, the new pres' is a war-hungry bugger, so who knows wots gonna happen next.
the prob is, the us has been silently at war with the middle east for years, just inactive for a while
01:09pm 12/09/01 Permalink
WarT
Brisbane, Queensland
5318 posts
01:12pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
103 posts
Ok, CNN just said they had pipebombs as well as the knives...

136 counts of violation of security through the airport...

they also interviewed people who got phone calls from relatives etc on the planes.. one went somehign like

*spoke to wife* "I love you"
*spoke to mother* "Someone has taken over the plane, and have bombs" "I love you"
Mother: "Who are they"
*distraction*
*line went dead*

there was a bit more to it, but that's what I remember
01:14pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Speedy_Gonzalis
Brisbane, Queensland
378 posts
do they know how many terrorists where on the planes.
01:16pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Silent Remorse
Brisbane, Queensland
950 posts
Each of the two towers are 110 stories high - Since the fires started at the top - and according to the footage - people had to choice whether to burn alive, get crushed by debris, or jump to their deaths :(

Id be guessing the stairways would have been a tad f***ed, considering a plane crashed into them - remember, you have to consider a plane about as long (or longer) then the width of the tower, plunging into it THEN blowing up. Those poor people were damned from the first crash... Those brave rescue workers died too - 200 went straight in after the first plane crashed into it.

Its certainly a very sad day in the world.

I just heard on Triple J they cant even give proper estimates to the amount dead yet because they havent been able to approach the site(s) to help nor do they want to raise fears even higher.
01:17pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
104 posts
Apparently people DID try jumping the terrorists on the planes, but were stabbed and then killed.

Didn't try jumping all at once... I guess that would have helped a little more than just one or two jumping them...
01:18pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Silent Remorse
Brisbane, Queensland
951 posts
Wart =- that is one of the most disturbing photos I have seen yet.... Look at that poor person.
01:20pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
105 posts
People are calling from underneath the WTC with mobile phones...

"errr hi, I'm underneath the WTC, wanna help me?"

Yeah I'd be pretty pissed too if I was stuck under there alive and they werent letting rescuers go help em
01:21pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Cr@ckerJ@ck
Brisbane, Queensland
70 posts
Jarinor : you post is the most moronic one of this entire thread! What is so brilliant about this catastrophy ? I am sure you would feel other wise if your realitives worked at the world trade centre.

Jarinor wrote : "Sure, the loss of life is terrible, but this was a f*****g brilliant move. If you can't see that, you can't see the whole picture."

So what is the whole picture ? pls explain??
I think you should maybe move to afganistan or palistine where your fashist comments might make more scence! I am appauled at your lack of respest for human lives and your liberal views on terrorism.
I hope you don't call yourself an aussie.
01:21pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Speedy_Gonzalis
Brisbane, Queensland
379 posts
so have they found out who did it.
01:23pm 12/09/01 Permalink
WarT
Brisbane, Queensland
5319 posts
i didn't say it was funny or anything i just thought it proved a point that this whole this sux
01:26pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Predator
Brisbane, Queensland
47 posts
With all this metal detectors and xray scans going into the planes, just how do they plan on stopping some guy with a ceramic knife getting onboard. This s*** happens all the time in gaol, not much you can do to stop it even in a controlled society.
01:26pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
106 posts
They Don't know who did it...
but everyone suspect Osama Bin Laden,
He's got the money and motive to pull something like this off
01:30pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Bowen
Brisbane, Queensland
212 posts
there are 3 diferent terrorist organashon's that have the firepower to pull this off but only one hates the US
01:35pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Silent Remorse
Brisbane, Queensland
952 posts
Don't rule out an internal attack - The man behind the Oklahoma bombing was an american.

I'm by no means saying it was an internal attack - I'm saying dont go blaming other countriees yet until we have more information.

Holy f*** - people still alive under WTC :(
01:37pm 12/09/01 Permalink
FiREFLy
Sydney, New South Wales
99 posts
It could have been any number of people....

In the matter of Australia supporting America in retaliation, I have to agree with that... these attacks are no just on America but on the way of life and Freedom that America has...

Not only because America is out ally, but also we have a moral obligation to bring people who commit acts like this to justice to try and stop large terroist attacks in the furture.
01:40pm 12/09/01 Permalink
clipto
74 posts

Cr@ckerJ@ck : Jarinor : you post is the most moronic one of this entire thread! What is so brilliant about this catastrophy ? I am sure you would feel other wise if your realitives worked at the world trade centre.

Cr@ckerJ@ck wtf are you talking about, everyone else just got on and said how terrible it was, these arent intelligent posts, Jarinor is the only one so far that hasnt just regurgitated what others have already said, this was a brilliant attack by the terrorists, the most successful one EVER. Jesus Christ, it pisses on the "one day in september" attack, you either know nothing or are just far too emotional, either is acceptable.

01:45pm 12/09/01 Permalink
FiREFLy
Sydney, New South Wales
100 posts
Silent Remorse: Don't rule out an internal attack - The man behind the Oklahoma bombing was an american.

True but that was the act of one man... this was a co-ordinated attack, say there are 2 Hijackers on each plane, that is 8 people atleast...

It very well suggests its from another country.. but you could be right
01:47pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Cr@ckerJ@ck
Brisbane, Queensland
71 posts
far too emotional perhaps!
01:51pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Scythe1o1
Brisbane, Queensland
1088 posts
WTC: The Movie
01:51pm 12/09/01 Permalink
trillion
Brisbane, Queensland
14 posts
CNN just showed plane 1 and 2 making impact
01:55pm 12/09/01 Permalink
tokesy
Brisbane, Queensland
199 posts
its not spelt CHOGM its spelt the way its said

Trog'em

coz were gunna get nuked when it happens

/me is preparing for nuke
02:01pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Crunch
Perth, Western Australia
106 posts
One thing is for sure: the deathtoll will be huge. There's like 40-50,000 people working in the two towers. I figure that second plane landed about half way up the tower - anyone above that point would have been doomed. So, I guess that makes at least 10,000 dead, just in the one tower? F*ck me... what kind of complete nut-jobs would do something like this?
02:06pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Silent Remorse
Brisbane, Queensland
953 posts
CNN Live Radiocast

Click above for streaming audio of CNN if you dont have access to a TV/Radio.
02:16pm 12/09/01 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
734 posts
News on american television (unconfirmed): New York police intercept truck loaded with explosives.
02:19pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Tung
Brisbane, Queensland
576 posts
theres also unconfirmed reports that the plane stoped at brisbane airport heading for LA had a suspicious package thought to be a bomb

IMO Bin Laden could not do something like this by himself, i believe that it may be a terrorist organisation (bin laden, or someone else) but with the backing of a nation or state... it was pulled off so well, and the resources and planning that needed to go into it is incomprehensible
02:27pm 12/09/01 Permalink
WarT
Brisbane, Queensland
5324 posts
natslovr that truck had no explosives they are holding the people for questioning though

there was a plane stopped at the airport cause a guy was using a laptop with planes on the screen so they arrested him and took him for questioning
02:31pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Bowen
Brisbane, Queensland
213 posts
the ausse dollar might go up
02:41pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Bowen
Brisbane, Queensland
214 posts
hey i'm looking at the bright side:)
02:44pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Silent Remorse
Brisbane, Queensland
954 posts
For those who really want to know, I dont know why you would, but accorfing to the courier mail today, the aussie dollar went up a quarter of a cent.

As if you would care about monetary gain at a time like this.
02:51pm 12/09/01 Permalink
K|nDreD
Brisbane, Queensland
164 posts
someone mentioned today was meant to be the say the first guy that tried to blow the WTC was being sentenced? if so, coincidence...i think not.
02:51pm 12/09/01 Permalink
acrylic
Brisbane, Queensland
354 posts
there are some afghans & palys that don't want to live in there country for it has bad ways.....so they pay lots of money to escape to australia but when they get here, a big ugly bald man with gay glass's tells them they cant come here cause there not wanted, and then he tells them they have to go to some other 3rd world country.

02:53pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Loki
Brisbane, Queensland
107 posts
IMO Bin Laden could not do something like this by himself, i believe that it may be a terrorist organisation (bin laden, or someone else) but with the backing of a nation or state... it was pulled off so well, and the resources and planning that needed to go into it is incomprehensible
>

Tung, Osama Bin Laden has the funding and the followers, he even said one day he would get back at America... why do you think he is the prime suspect...
I think he even funded Ramzi Yousef (First attempt at WTC)
03:04pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Silent Remorse
Brisbane, Queensland
956 posts
Man- they need so much blood. CNN says they only have 80,000 blood donations available for both Washington and New York. Thats no where near enough. :( - I'd give it if I lived over there.

Taipan was right - When s*** like this happens you wish you could do something :\
03:07pm 12/09/01 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
735 posts
It's people in Florida:

"FBI issues search warrants in wake of terrorist attacks

The US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has issued a string of search warrants for addresses in Florida in their hunt for the perpetrators of the coordinated terror attacks on New York and Washington, CNN reports.

A law enforcement source is quoted as saying that information gleaned from the hijacked planes' passenger lists led to search warrants that the FBI is in the process of, or will soon be executing in more than one location in south Florida, including homes and post office boxes.

"We're looking at south Florida ties to some of the people we're looking at," the source close to investigators told CNN.

Also, in northern Florida, a search will be made of a location in Daytona, the source says.

An FBI agent in Florida refused to confirm or deny the report. "
03:12pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Freewheelin
Brisbane, Queensland
339 posts
:( i pray for these people

unfortunately its only disasters like this that truly bring the people of the world together.

god help them all

03:12pm 12/09/01 Permalink
SquarkyD
Brisbane, Queensland
1218 posts
* N U K E D *

By SquarkyD
03:58pm 12/09/01 Permalink
SquarkyD
Brisbane, Queensland
1219 posts
stokesy u d***
its not spelt CHOGM its spelt the way its said

Congressional Heads Of Government Meeting

d*******
03:58pm 12/09/01 Permalink
TicMan
Brisbane, Queensland
3 posts
Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting perhaps..

HOLY FLUCK! That actually makes sense.

04:06pm 12/09/01 Permalink
SquarkyD
Brisbane, Queensland
1220 posts
whatever
:P
04:18pm 12/09/01 Permalink
chrispy
Brisbane, Queensland
111 posts
U farking towle heads when i run this country i am getting rid of all you c**** from my land i dont give a f** what i did and to whom i cant trust ya as far as i can throw ya.

UP em bushy tear them a new one.
Go america
F*** the towle heads
04:34pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Renton
Brisbane, Queensland
94 posts
The images that I have seen on TV over the last few hours will be etched in my memory forever. Even though we are thousands of miles away I just can't come to terms with what I have seen so far.

I held my 15 month old son in my arms and cried for an hour. It makes you realise just how fragile life is.

I can't even imagine what the people who were there are going through.
04:44pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Pharcyde
Brisbane, Queensland
599 posts
:|

thats sad renton. very sad. Sorry to hear that mate :/
04:50pm 12/09/01 Permalink
chrispy
Brisbane, Queensland
116 posts
I hate towle heads
I hate towle heads
I hate towle heads
I hate towle heads
Up em bussy tear em a new one
04:50pm 12/09/01 Permalink
chrispy
Brisbane, Queensland
118 posts
CHris appoligises for his racial slurs but chris is filled with immence sadness and anger of the events that have taken place
And now bkac to CNN

UP em georgy
04:56pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Scythe1o1
Brisbane, Queensland
1090 posts
That would be the kind of attitude that spawns events like this one.
04:57pm 12/09/01 Permalink
chrispy
Brisbane, Queensland
119 posts
True
well tthe truth is that younge greorg is looking for a fight. His dad had one now he wants to follow in his footsteps.
But undoubtedly something is gonna happen. It sure as hell aint gonna be war that is rediculous.
We have freinds over in Ney York and they were on there way to work (which is about 500 metres away fromWTC). THey work for the UN. When the plan came rolling in and boom
05:04pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Vorador
Brisbane, Queensland
240 posts
One of my family's very close friends was scheduled to actually fly out on that plane from Boston but luckily he delayed his business trip by one day. On the other hand another person I don't know quite as well did decide to continue their trip that day
and they ended up as a part of the WTC.....

goddamn stupid a******* in this world
and they go on about religion, damn it, they just use allah as a reason to bomb people, bunch of f*****s.. but can't blame all of them, only the a****** suicide bombers that think they get something out of killing themselves
05:07pm 12/09/01 Permalink
eYe-kAnDy
60 posts
What type of a f*****g retard attacks the most powerful nation in the world..with the most powerful army..which is allied to almost 3/4 of the countries in the world??..Retarded d*******s
05:10pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Vorador
Brisbane, Queensland
241 posts
Another question i want to raise, is even though the third plane didn't take off till 40 mins after the second hit on WTC.. why didn't they ground all planes there and then, not 3 hours after?
egh...
05:10pm 12/09/01 Permalink
eYe-kAnDy
61 posts
Ahh because originally they were unaware that it was terrorist action vor..they thought it was an accident
05:11pm 12/09/01 Permalink
SquarkyD
Brisbane, Queensland
1222 posts
after the 2nd plane went into the WTC they decided to declare it an act of terrorism
05:20pm 12/09/01 Permalink
eYe-kAnDy
67 posts
Very true man
05:22pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Shot_guN
Brisbane, Queensland
1183 posts
What type of a f*****g retard attacks the most powerful nation in the world..with the most powerful army..which is allied to almost 3/4 of the countries in the world??..Retarded d*******s

There must be a reason, otherwise it wouldnt have happened. My suggestion is that i was probably that bin laden guy, in which case it would make sense.

He had money, he had a motive (having already declared a religious war against the USA), and 3 weeks ago he made comments on afghani radio about how the americans will pay for their somethingorother.

Still, it sux

:(
05:26pm 12/09/01 Permalink
chrispy
Brisbane, Queensland
123 posts
Religion is the devil it seems to manage to kill more people than cancer.

Get into them bushy Tear them a new one
05:31pm 12/09/01 Permalink
eYe-kAnDy
71 posts
If he is so religious i dont see god or ra or whatevea kind of god he has saying 'Oh and by the way kill a few Americans for me' ...
05:34pm 12/09/01 Permalink
SquarkyD
Brisbane, Queensland
1224 posts
Religion is the devil it seems to manage to kill more people than cancer.

NOT in the western world. majority of the religion based conflicts are confined to a tiny group of religions and countrys.
05:47pm 12/09/01 Permalink
power
Brisbane, Queensland
1395 posts
i spoke to a lawyer this afternoon at 4pm he had a friend who was atop the first tower that was hit having coffee, doing the tourist thing...she rang home at about 2pm our time, she is alive.....there may yet be hope if ppl who were at the top could get out, maybe many more did
05:50pm 12/09/01 Permalink
SquarkyD
Brisbane, Queensland
1225 posts
'Oh and by the way kill a few Americans for me'

thats exactly the kind of crackpot mentantality that goes on overthere, some "religious" leaders (aka terroists claiming to have a cause) claim that followers are to act out gods will (a major part of most religions) and that gods will is to murder americans (a major load of s***).

and whats sadder still is that after these followers commit they're selvs the this faith they then truly believe what theses terroists are saying!

simply they will never suceed.
05:51pm 12/09/01 Permalink
eYe-kAnDy
75 posts
mmmmmmm you guys watching the tv too??..interesting how they stopped a flight in brisbane because they thought some terrorists were on it..scary
05:54pm 12/09/01 Permalink
SquarkyD
Brisbane, Queensland
1226 posts
best place to stop it tho
our airport is in the middle of whoop whoop, nothing but marshlands, sydney is in the middle of civilization.
05:56pm 12/09/01 Permalink
eYe-kAnDy
76 posts
Is it true that Aus has one of the best armies in the world?
06:00pm 12/09/01 Permalink
SquarkyD
Brisbane, Queensland
1228 posts
it's not far off it, as far as the SAS style goes we got a good one, our regular army is up there with the best, quote from an americal major from nam when asked when he felt safest:
when the australians are walking by our side

but there is also support being offered from not only australia but also china, russia, britten, france, germany. all with very good intel and special forces.

put it this way, if a private army, no matter what size, try's to divert the process of bringing those responsible to justice they will be crushed.

it's sad that loss of life had to occur in the first place, and worse is that more will be lost in the course of justice.
06:06pm 12/09/01 Permalink
eYe-kAnDy
78 posts
china, britain, russia, france, germany, australia and america's army...woah lethal
06:08pm 12/09/01 Permalink
worfa
Gold Coast, Queensland
371 posts
has anyone thought that it will actaully be good to have a war.
i mean, death=bad but war=production. Production=capital. capital=good economy and better Australian dollar.
maybe a war is exactly what we need???
06:13pm 12/09/01 Permalink
eYe-kAnDy
80 posts
War=Death..war is bad.
06:15pm 12/09/01 Permalink
power
Brisbane, Queensland
1397 posts
that's sick worfa money is what caused all this
worfa
Gold Coast, Queensland
372 posts
eye kandy, perhaps we are good, but you know we can only defend something like 20 kms of our coastline. or something lame like that
Pharcyde
Brisbane, Queensland
603 posts
that gods will is to murder americans

man, that is completely unreasonable if you look at closely. Considering the fact that the Human Race is Gods creation, why would he wanna kill a particular type of that species?

thats like god going "kill me some GREEN butterflies, they give me the s****"

f*****g f***** towel heads.
06:16pm 12/09/01 Permalink
worfa
Gold Coast, Queensland
373 posts
i beg to differ, its religion the arabs and muslims etc. They get angry about US government. which happens to be based on money.
but im not saying that i want a war. i was just sharing an idea. :(
06:18pm 12/09/01 Permalink
[.eXisteNce.]
Brisbane, Queensland
721 posts
yeh that laden guy said like 1 1/2 weeks ago

" american interests will be attacked within the next 2 weeks"

f*****g towell head f****s
06:22pm 12/09/01 Permalink
GORE^iLA-X
Gold Coast, Queensland
276 posts
what is the world coming to? i cant believe it, and i just think that the world should bind together to put a stop to this outrages s***
06:33pm 12/09/01 Permalink
eYe-kAnDy
84 posts
What kind of a religion influences you to kill others?
06:34pm 12/09/01 Permalink
worfa
Gold Coast, Queensland
378 posts
do you know about hte origon of the word 'assasin'?
06:38pm 12/09/01 Permalink
BOB the Fruit
Brisbane, Queensland
2482 posts
It's "Assassin" actually.

has anyone thought that it will actaully be good to have a war.
i mean, death=bad but war=production. Production=capital. capital=good economy and better Australian dollar.
maybe a war is exactly what we need???

Hmmmm...
07:23pm 12/09/01 Permalink
eYe-kAnDy
100 posts
We dont need a war ffs..if anything avoid a war at all costs
07:24pm 12/09/01 Permalink
log
Brisbane, Queensland
94 posts
It is unlikely that a major war will occur, but there is also the ecconomic impact. Oil has gone up between 10-20% and major US airlines are heading lower than a low thing (tm) . Coupled (not just these examples) with the current economic depression and the hysteria generated by the possible for that retaliation , it is possible that the depression could legthen , or if extremely unlucky, move into a recession.

But lets think about that after there are no more bodies to count
07:31pm 12/09/01 Permalink
worfa
Gold Coast, Queensland
390 posts
yes i agree, i dont want to fight against some people i dont even know just because our government makes us.

I was just making an observation, obviously you dont accept that, i apologise. Yes im also a crap speller
07:31pm 12/09/01 Permalink
BOB the Fruit
Brisbane, Queensland
2486 posts
Also worfa, wars actually cost money.
Infact, America only profited from WW2 is because they sat around for the first few years, just selling munitions and supplies rather than actually being involved.
A war would cost Australia a bucket load.
07:36pm 12/09/01 Permalink
eYe-kAnDy
106 posts
Which it did. We borrowed millions from Britain. Who in turn charged Germany for war crimes and it was payed back over years and years. This also happened in WW1
07:38pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Lowgoz
Brisbane, Queensland
83 posts
The third world war is coming... it will not be a war of words, or of armys.. it will be a holy war. a war that is fought not over land or sea, but over beliefs that people hold close to their heart.
Its going to be very intresting to see what bush does about it.. i say nuke the Mo**herFu*A
07:40pm 12/09/01 Permalink
worfa
Gold Coast, Queensland
392 posts
lots of lives also. :(
07:40pm 12/09/01 Permalink
BOB the Fruit
Brisbane, Queensland
2488 posts
Lowgoz takes the "Purifying Fire" approach.
07:50pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Astaroth
Melbourne, Victoria
539 posts
ya
is persian in origin, stemming from the period of the crusades
the persians drugged their most zealous fanatics on hashish and promises of religious exultation before sending them out on missions to assassinate important figures in the cristian encampment
the word itself derives from its similar sound to 'hashish'
07:51pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Renton
Brisbane, Queensland
95 posts
Lets not forget that the last time everyone pointed the finger at the arab nations for a major terrorist bombing in the Us (Oaklahoma) it turned out to be an American that did it (Timothy McVEIGH)

Now i'm not saying that it couldn't have been one of these people that they are blaming but we should wait until all the facts are on the table until fingers are pointed.

My view is that if Bin Laden was responsible, why after years of publically making threats towards the US, would he then denounce he is responsible for one of the worst terrorist attacks the world has ever seen. Surely if he did it he would want to take the credit and thus assure his name in history and gain the admiration of his people. Reports that I have heard are that this type of attack is beyond his capabilities.

Just a theory....your views?
07:53pm 12/09/01 Permalink
power
Brisbane, Queensland
1408 posts
they would have had immense resources (people resources that is)
07:57pm 12/09/01 Permalink
eYe-kAnDy
108 posts
Who knows..this may not be his greatest triumph maybe its only the start of his plans..i dunno what you reckon bob but if that may be the case how many more lives will be lost?
08:00pm 12/09/01 Permalink
[.eXisteNce.]
Brisbane, Queensland
724 posts
andn ow i just found out that the twisted f***heads threw the pilots out the window after they took control

i am serious going mental, i cant keep still, this has taken me about 10 mins to type coz i am so shaky
if i meet these F***WITS when i grow up.

i will kill them. what f***ign right do they have to kill 20000 innocent people\
F*****G F***WITS
08:13pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Dirty Sanchez
Tasmania
262 posts
* N U K E D *

By Dirty Sanchez
08:15pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Shot_guN
Brisbane, Queensland
1187 posts
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Authorities in Massachusetts have identified five Arab men as suspects in Tuesday's attack on New York City and have seized a rental car containing Arabic-language flight training manuals at Logan International Airport, a source told the Boston Herald newspaper. Two of the men were brothers whose passports were traced to the United Arab Emirates, the unidentified source told the Herald. One of the men was a trained pilot, the paper reported on its Web site on Wednesday.

Interesting, didnt see it posted anywhere else.
08:21pm 12/09/01 Permalink
[.eXisteNce.]
Brisbane, Queensland
725 posts
yes you are a f** wart
why the f*** would u post it here
xcept to try and be funny
mayb a pic of the fires, but not of some poor f*****g guy jumping for his life, how do u think he feels??
f***, i feel so sorry for em
08:23pm 12/09/01 Permalink
GORE^iLA-X
Gold Coast, Queensland
277 posts
dude, wart was posting a picture of what happened
09:11pm 12/09/01 Permalink
StopShootingMe
Brisbane, Queensland
721 posts
SERIOUSLY UN-F*****G COOL!!!!!

Just heard this on Channel 10:

Apparently the terroists forced the pilots to open the c***pit door by killing flight attendants with knives on the other side until they did so...

(I was wondering about this, those doors are bullet-proof and lock from the inside)

FARRKKK!!!! NOT RIGHT!!!!

09:16pm 12/09/01 Permalink
BOB the Fruit
Brisbane, Queensland
2491 posts
That's f***ed.
09:21pm 12/09/01 Permalink
SquarkyD
Brisbane, Queensland
1231 posts
pharcyde - i went and had a chat with a friend of mine who's a pastor, and he claified what i said for me.

they worship & believe allah, allah is they're god.
If you die fighting for your god in a "holy war" then the theroy is you go straight to heaven. they however take that a step further and preech that if they die serving allah's will then they will go straight to heaven and have 7 virgins serve them. and they tell them this and then that allah wants them to kill americans.

this is the kind of extremist behaviour that is carried out in afganistan.

after this tradgy alot of people out there are going to be questing they're faith. i can only hope that they dont question it and rather turn to it for comfort and consolement.

we've seen traditional enimeis of america such as russia, china, and even lybia & afganistan, express theere deepest sympthay and condolences and even support. this is a sence of unity that the world really needs and only good can come from it.

it's a shame that this unity had to come at the price of such a tragic event and so many deaths, but hopefully there can be changes for the best. maybe after all this is over we can draw good from it and prevail a stronger and united world.
10:20pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Draffa
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
353 posts
Jesus Chod, break that link up a little huh?
10:31pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Draffa
354 posts
Religion has a lot to answer for
Arguing who's God is better is like arguing whos imaginary friend is better.
11:16pm 12/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1345 posts
hmmm, check this s*** out >a href="http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/nosproph.htm">http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/nosproph.htm
hmm, interesting.
mabus, 'the antichrist', who's 'reign of terror' (started in 1985, like the same time saddam hussein was made prez), and all that s***, interesting.
mabus written backwards looks like 'sudam', pretty close to saddam.

grrr, /me doesnt want a third great war, the only good that can come out of this is the unification of every nation on the planet(- half the arab nations), which is a good thing.

i was also reading thru all that nostradamus s***, and it had quite a few mentions of the normans (french), being the ones to bring an end to the war. and we all know that the french have ONE HUGE nuclear arsenal (compared to every other country other than the us). so lets hope we have them on our side! ey!
11:23pm 12/09/01 Permalink
clipto
77 posts
tung : the resources and planning that needed to go into it is incomprehensible

how so? basically you need about 16 men, find out flight plans by asking the helpful fight agency, get some pansy ass knives (they dont even need to be meatal), jump on the riht planes, and fly em into the wtc... you just need the people really, they wouldnt even need to be overly capabale pilots, oh and btw, you might even be able to blackmail people into doing it.

eYe-kAnDy : Is it true that Aus has one of the best armies in the world?

That sounds like australian pride/bulls*** to me, sure we might be the best trained (and i dont think we are), but thats f*****g easy to do when you consider how few people we have, our hardware is scarce and outdated, and we couldnt even effectively patrol our coastline to save our f*****g lives...
11:30pm 12/09/01 Permalink
clipto
79 posts
Name one country we could invade on our own.
11:35pm 12/09/01 Permalink
Cheeseman
Gold Coast, Queensland
20 posts
I just heard on the news that 3 more suspicious planes are being tracked by Canadian authorities.

Perhaps it isn't quite over yet D:
11:40pm 12/09/01 Permalink
clipto
80 posts
Sorry for the third post...

Regarding France's "huge nuclear arsenal" does it bother anyone else that the country who has been totally reamed out in both ww1 and 2 and pretty much in every major war befor them (as far as I know, they have always sucked at fighting), has such a huge arsenal?

Thnk about it, no one can invade America, so they will never need to use the bombs, but FRANCE, if history is any indication, they could be massacred at any momement, then they start a nuclear war, and we are all f***ed... its like those kids who get beaten up in school in america and every day they go home to an m16 assault rife, I mean f*** me, its asking for trouble.
11:40pm 12/09/01 Permalink
JaC
Brisbane, Queensland
166 posts
yes, france sucks..majorly...

the only good thing about them is the french foreign legion, the toughest bunch of mofos on the planet.....
11:47pm 12/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1346 posts
hmm, just watched those reports on cnn.com, and the military is beginning to show that it can flex its muscles, grrr, not good.

also been going thru sum arabian forums and websites, and basically the arabs are saddened by the loss of civilians, but pleased to see the us prez pissed off, hmm, guess they know wots coming up next, *KABOOM*.

yeah, australia has one of the best armed forces in the world, but only infantry, cos we have never had the need for much in the way of air and sea battles (touch wood!!!) we have one of the best infantry divisions because of the hugely tough training system and unit implementation system in place. basically, the new recruits are put thru 'very s***ful' conditions, in order to be accepted into a half-decent unit. we also have good infantry cos we pour all our military resources into that division, hence it is our better side.

jac is right, the french also have some of the best infantry on the planet in the FFL, but they also have a major nuclear arsenal. but im still not sure whether or not kofi annan would allow the use of atomics, even in a full-scale war, so im guessing that the super-powers would have to resort to large-range mortars (too old school, but efficient for guerilla-infantry destruction), and v2's. (the mega-long range rockets)

but lets not hope that itll come to having to use atomics, or else we are all gonna be up s*** creek.
11:58pm 12/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1347 posts
anyways, the us doesnt need atomics, they have the whole of the western AND EASTERN world on their side. (this excludes HALF of the middle-eastern world)
strange thing is, looks like the us has a friend in the ruskies, may prove to be a very useful ally.
12:00am 13/09/01 Permalink
Draffa
355 posts
Is it true that Aus has one of the best armies in the world
Back in the early 80's we were classed as second only to the Israelis (They can kick arse). Don't know about today tho...
12:03am 13/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1350 posts
hmmm, well, the us NEEDS to find that black box from the fourth plane, it holds the key
12:05am 13/09/01 Permalink
Draffa
356 posts
Unless they shot it down, as some reports suggest. A member of another forum claims the plane flew over his town, tailed by two F-16's. Shortly thereafter, a plane went down to the south of him.
12:21am 13/09/01 Permalink
Jarinor
Brisbane, Queensland
58 posts
Cr@ckerJ@ck: You are are fully ignorant. Yes, I do call myself an aussie, and I'm damned proud to be one. You have no idea how much the USA has been f*****g over the Middle East, and for how long. This is about the same amount of damage that the USA has either directly or indirectly inflicted upon various enemies in the Middle East, and someone hit back with the equivalent, just in one big blow.

This is a true David vs Goliath. Except that this time, David kicked Goliath in the nuts and has gone to hide in the shadows. He's f***ed when Goliath finds him, but until then he's Joe Popular in Palestine (which I personally think the terrorist attack originated from). They're not dancing and celebrating the loss of life - they're dancing and celebrating because America has been shown to be just as vulnerable to terrorist attacks as any other country in the world, particularly theirs. They now know that they can fight back, given a lot of time and planning, and they can fight back well.

My brother's friend wrote a brilliant one and a half page e-mail - I'd post it here, but I can't find it. One of the best concepts though, is this - what was the biggest act of cowardice? Hiroshima or New York? How long does the fallout from a plane crash last?

Granted, the circumstances are different, but the Americans did slaughter at least 50000 people with the first atomic bomb in Hiroshima. Then repeated the "lesson" at Nagasaki, killing another 50000 or 60000. The majority of those were civilians, yet because they were America's enemy, the whole world went "Yay!". As soon as someone hits back at America though, it's a whole new ball game, because America is the supposed Good Guy.

I'm not saying I support the terrorists. I'm saying I understand their position. America has dealt out a lot of s*** to other people over the years, yet as soon as someone strikes back, they must crush them completely - it's like the guy who hits you in the head all the time, you hit him in the arm once, and now he suddenly has the right to beat you into a coma. That's the best analogy I can come up with at the moment.

I sympathise with the people who died and their families, I really do. Personally though, I haven't been really moved by it yet - I guess I keep expecting this to turn out to be a dream, but it isn't going to.

This is only a part of the picture Cr@ckerJ@ck - and it might not even be part of the right picture. The point is though, look at the other side of the issue. The Palestinians are real people too you know. So are the 12 year old boys and girls who are forced into prostitution in Asia, get hooked on drugs and are lucky to live to the age of 30 (okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but you get the point I hope).

My condolences to everyone who lost someone they knew.
12:37am 13/09/01 Permalink
Hunter
Brisbane, Queensland
1634 posts
Just saw on the TV that they have arrested suspected terrorists in a Boston Hotel.
03:13am 13/09/01 Permalink
lastmanstanding
Melbourne, Victoria
1 posts
my 2c, u guys only saw what media show as their side and their opinion !
who gave the f***ed when USA nuked Japan and 300.000 innocent ppl died instantly ? and another f***king 5 millions vietnamese died just because USA jumped in and the results still last for generations physically for both nations ???!!! give it a thought ! why USA was the target ? something wrong with their policy ?
04:34am 13/09/01 Permalink
lastmanstanding
Melbourne, Victoria
3 posts
another opinion : only american ppl is worthy ? how about hundreds thousands of ppl died every year around the world indirectly because of USA policy ? Of course this is a horrific tragedy but anybody give a f*** about other ppl die daily in other countries as if it is only horrible if it happens to USA.
Soz about my grammar and english !
04:43am 13/09/01 Permalink
lastmanstanding
Melbourne, Victoria
4 posts
sorry didn't read your post Jarinor, perfect said :D
04:50am 13/09/01 Permalink
lastmanstanding
Melbourne, Victoria
5 posts
and u guys know how ppl in japan died after those atomic bombs ? burned slowly to death by nuclear dust from inside of their bone out. Those who died in the first 10 minutes after the bomb were like heaven compare to those who alived. Those ppl who didn't die were living like hell for the rest of their lives.
04:56am 13/09/01 Permalink
Zoix
Queensland
1157 posts
did you know at peral harbour people drowned to death, and people were holding the hands of those trapped in the ships man holes.

So why did japan attack usa then??????
05:38am 13/09/01 Permalink
Vorador
Brisbane, Queensland
242 posts
lastmanstanding, grow a brain.
If you ever thought things through, the Americans knew the japanese would fight to the absoulute death in any situation, the reason for this is the reason for nuking, its a simple fact, if American and Allied forces sent in troops, the losses would have been a LOT higher. jeez.
07:50am 13/09/01 Permalink
lastmanstanding
Melbourne, Victoria
6 posts
jeez, wish u could know more about history ! Soviet soldier just crushed more than 1 million japanese troops a very short time before that and they were on their way to japan and japan were lost all over pacific area. USA nuked japan was nothing but political purpose. Look at the map and u will understand why USA picked up these 2 poor cities.And don't tell me USA rescued the world. Sif , they only jumped in when they saw it turned. Soviet did the most of it.
10:17am 13/09/01 Permalink
BOB the Fruit
Brisbane, Queensland
2492 posts
Seig Heil.
03:41pm 13/09/01 Permalink
Vorador
Brisbane, Queensland
243 posts
actually last man, i wish YOU would look at your history books you retard, any time the Americans had encountered the Japanese they chose death over surrendering to the US. As another point, America did WARN the Japanese they would carry out a nuclear strike if they did not surrender, once again, they wanted to fight it out to the death, can you have ANY idea of the amount of f*****g loss of life if allied troops were at Japan, the casulties on both forces would have been catastrophic, so you grow a f***** brain mate, what the US did maybe wasn't right for them to, but they had a damn fine reason frankly, its called the better of two evils, and when confronted with it, you can't just stand there pondering which path to take.
Oh and another thing to clarify, in actual fact, the US - DID - rescue the world, tard.

03:47pm 13/09/01 Permalink
power
Brisbane, Queensland
1415 posts
my 2c, america has never set out to conquer the world and invade other countries like the japanese did, they had to be stopped, so did the nazi's, and so do these terrorists
04:34pm 13/09/01 Permalink
BOB the Fruit
Brisbane, Queensland
2493 posts

Oh, and of course EVERYONE knew ALL ABOUT the effects of a nuclear weapon in 1945. That's why the US made DUCK AND COVER videos, so that everyone would know what to do incase of a nuclear attack.

I bet the Japanese said "Nuclear bomb? What the f***? Bah, just say no."

It's like me saying "Surrender or I'll attack you with my Joopaloop-paching device."

Would you take me seriously? Even if the Joopaloop-paching device coule obliterate your entire country?
04:38pm 13/09/01 Permalink
lastmanstanding
Melbourne, Victoria
7 posts
American version of history , for me it sounds no different to the newest history book in japan ! and i am not a retard, these matter have been debated since it happened , you should look further more than just 1 version and media propaganda. FREE WOLRD , sif ! JUSTICE , sif !
"AMERICAN JUSTICE" will prevail !!! enuf said !
09:36pm 13/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1356 posts
america has never set out to conquer the world and invade other countries like the japanese did, they had to be stopped, so did the nazi's, and so do these terrorists

f*****g excellent one power! sums it all up!!!!
09:55pm 13/09/01 Permalink
Goa`uld!
Brisbane, Queensland
900 posts
America wants to police the world... now they get a (small) taste of their own medicine.
They should have seen it coming, poor bastards are only gonna make it worse now with their threats of counter-attack.
09:58pm 13/09/01 Permalink
eYe-kAnDy
111 posts
Why wouldnt you counter-attack though?
09:59pm 13/09/01 Permalink
Goa`uld!
Brisbane, Queensland
901 posts
though americas motto is "your superior intellects are no much for our puny weapons"
10:01pm 13/09/01 Permalink
eYe-kAnDy
113 posts
Yeh well if someone attacked you..would you attack back?
10:01pm 13/09/01 Permalink
The Satan Gundam
Brisbane, Queensland
389 posts
the japanese would fight to the absoulute death

This acctually a result of their culture which is kida of cool and interesting.

American version of history , for me it sounds no different to the newest history book in japan ! and i am not a retard, these matter have been debated since it happened , you should look further more than just 1 version and media propaganda. FREE WOLRD , sif ! JUSTICE , sif !
"AMERICAN JUSTICE" will prevail !!! enuf said

Oh good a hipee conspiracy nut just what the world needs. Haven't you ever heard the saying "the winners write the history books". If the losers want to write them they should win.
10:11pm 13/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1359 posts
????
10:24pm 13/09/01 Permalink
FeiDao
Sydney, New South Wales
3 posts
although i feel for the ppl who lost their love ones in this tragic incident, i just think the americans asked for this themselves...
they stick their nose into other ppls business once too many..
and the worst thing is.. they cant stop now, coz if they back out, others will think they are weak..
12:24am 14/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1405 posts
wtf u on about xing?
12:39am 14/09/01 Permalink
Martel
Melbourne, Victoria
330 posts
You have no idea xing.

Those responsible are going to pay for what they did. A superpower does not change its stance on anything due to terrorist acts.
12:54am 14/09/01 Permalink
Cr@ckerJ@ck
Brisbane, Queensland
72 posts
Jarinor : I apologise for my previous post :-( at the time of writing it I had not fully understood your original post and was too emotional to think Straight.
No I am not ignorant, just easily confused it seems.Soz
02:10pm 14/09/01 Permalink
Rodolphe
Brisbane, Queensland
2837 posts
I have been watching the news on and off today and it appears that this could have been much worse than what it was.

I just saw that there was a group of three men that aggressively refused to disembark a Los Angles flight when all the passengers were told that the plane was not going to take off after they had boarded the aircraft.

Also there were three men taken in for questioning today regarding them trying to board a plane posing as flight crew or pilots or some s***. It turns out that these men had flight manuals and box cutters or those plastic knives or some s***.

Pretty scary to see that some attempts at hijackings were prevented by chance before Tuesdays events and even more concerning is that there have been more attempts to hijack aircraft.

I also learned today that it is legal on American domestic flights to have a box cutter or a knife with a blade less than 4" or 4cm (I'm not certain if it was inches or centimeters).

Crazy times my friends !!
02:23pm 14/09/01 Permalink
EvisceratoR
Brisbane, Queensland
432 posts
... get over it ...

if we die, we die... whatcha gonna do?

03:13pm 14/09/01 Permalink
Silent Remorse
Brisbane, Queensland
973 posts
mayb a pic of the fires, but not of some poor f*****g guy jumping for his life, how do u think he feels

Uhh.. He's dead. I think you mean "How do you think his family feels".

Eviscerator: Ya know, some people would actually like to PREVENT their lives getting lost.
03:35pm 14/09/01 Permalink
BOB the Fruit
Brisbane, Queensland
2495 posts
"Can you help me? I seem to have misplaced my life."
'Have you checked the City's Lost and Found center?'
05:52pm 14/09/01 Permalink
power
Brisbane, Queensland
1423 posts
i still can't beleive this happened and all most of you want to do is rationalise it and proportion blame, things here are pretty simple...there was mass genocide of innocent american civilians...there must be justice...
06:11pm 14/09/01 Permalink
DarkRomeo
Queensland
79 posts
i just don't give a f***.

i mean, compared to how much the world's population of human's already is, and how much it will be, i see the death toll as a grain of sand in the beach.

sensationalising it like this just makes things 10 times worse. and the worst worst WORST part about it is that americans don't care that heaps of lives were lost, as such. all the americans are saying "this is america! this just doesn't happen" and "we demand justice!". just how much coverage in america would australia get if it happened here? F*** all.

americans had it coming as well. as far as a nation standpoint is concerned. i'm sure the innocent's could've been better chosen, or whatever, but still... if america didn't act like the high, egotistical lords of all the dirt underneath them that is the world, things like this would happen far less.

i don't congratulate the terrorists, i'm not cheering, but i'm not moral boosting americans and i'm not mourning either.
11:41pm 14/09/01 Permalink
trog
Brisbane, Queensland
4142 posts
Then you, sir, are a tool.
11:45pm 14/09/01 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
2711 posts
there was mass genocide of innocent american civilians

errm, they weren't attempting to kill the entire race I don't think....
11:45pm 14/09/01 Permalink
DarkRomeo
Queensland
81 posts
fpot = quite_correct;

so i'm a tool. just like those suicide bombers. tools for a bigger purpose.

ok talkin' mo' s***.

everyone to their own opinion.

just mine isn't anyone elses.
11:48pm 14/09/01 Permalink
trog
Brisbane, Queensland
4143 posts
All you have to do in order to not look like an a****** when posting stuff about this is think about how you would feel if they'd done this to the Sydney Opera House, or some other Australian icon - I know how I'd feel, and I'd like to think that most people here would feel the same, but with some of you guys and the absolute lack of any sort of empathy you're displaying, I wonder.
11:50pm 14/09/01 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
2712 posts
Before you at least made sense...

Now you don't :P
11:50pm 14/09/01 Permalink
DarkRomeo
Queensland
82 posts
hmm yeah.

no i wouldn't care. i doubt i'd care if i was killed or anything got in my way of life.

however, i recognise i have this problem, which i'm willing to live with. it's called pessimism.

but, let's say for a moment, that i DID give a f***. i STILL couldn't care less for "americans". i'd still only care about the innocent human lives killed. i'm so f*****g tired of hearing americans blab on about how they are americans and this is not right.

and whenever anyone says this to their face (so to speak, and i haven't, but others' have), they get all offended. it's like, they can dish it, but they can't take it.
11:55pm 14/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1417 posts
dark romeo you f*****g ignant s***!

america is acting exactly like a mother who has had one of her children beaten up in the playground, something must be done to save face and get revenge!
if the USA sits back and does diddly-squat in retaliation, they are gonna open themselves up for a mass of terrorist attacks, as the groups will see that the USA does nothing about it. and no, its not like back in primary school where if u rat on the bully he'll just beat up on you, its the other way around, if you dont stand your ground, they are gonna walk all over you! (referring to the USA here)

a grain of sand? wtf? you little f***, how would u like it if EVERY single one of the people you know and love was all of a sudden just wiped off the face of the planet, and someone just came up with sum f***t up comment like "oh well, i didnt know them so they are just sum more statistics to me", f*** oath, could you be any less heartless????

try acting australian, and having some compassion, for f**** sake!
11:57pm 14/09/01 Permalink
DarkRomeo
Queensland
84 posts
lol @ NrKy

funny. i've thought about how it would be if my family weren't here, about how if i knew no one. and guess what? i still don't give a f***.

australian? hahaha. patriotism has never been one of my strongpoints.

i'm not saying america shouldn't attack back - i strongly recommend they do - i hope a huge world war III starts and i'll enlist to fight for austrlia as well. not because of patriotism, either. because my life's heading the same way your mother's did - the gutter.
12:01am 15/09/01 Permalink
The Satan Gundam
Brisbane, Queensland
428 posts
no i wouldn't care. i doubt i'd care if i was killed or anything got in my way of life.

however, i recognise i have this problem, which i'm willing to live with. it's called pessimism.

no what you have is apathy
12:09am 15/09/01 Permalink
DarkRomeo
Queensland
86 posts
is it?

i'm pessimistic too - at least, i've been told that all my life.

apathy. actually, you are right.

but even if you're horrified at what's happened, you agree that they're going on a bit too much still, right?
12:11am 15/09/01 Permalink
trog
Brisbane, Queensland
4145 posts
but even if you're horrified at what's happened, you agree that they're going on a bit too much still, right?
nah, I'd say its just about right
01:10am 15/09/01 Permalink
lastmanstanding
Melbourne, Victoria
9 posts
1- For every action , there is a reaction !
2- Violence raise more Violence

If American only know using violence to revenge this tragedy, i can see worse things are comming !
First installment ?
only poor ppl die because of stupid politicants and mad terrorists !
01:26am 15/09/01 Permalink
clipto
81 posts
Darkromeo : You say this wouldnt of happened if America didnt act the way it did, I agree, because when you are a major player in NATO, when you are the one doing all the work, the sort of people who fly planes into building (ie. the bad guys), are gonna get pissed off...

You also mentioned the media, and how people are effected by it, I would say someone with your stance is much more easily molded than someone without.

Im quite confident you have never really thought objectively on anything to do with what has happened, so I'll just leave it at that.

If I wanted Afghanistan f***ed, or Bush to be popular, or everyone who matters to side with America in a warm and fuzzy ring of friendship, I can think of no better way to do it than fly a couple of planes into the WTC, I really cant.

Why dont we all think about this?

Done?

So am I, and what I just said would of mattered last week, but this week someone flew a couple of planes into The World Trade Centre, and from now on, it doesnt matter that America backed Isreal who stole Palestinian land, it doesnt matter that Afghanistan is hard done by .

The reason is because befor there was a chance for peace through diplomacy because we didnt really want war, now they have forced our hand, now they have pushed for war, and now they will have it.

I know whose side I am on, and thats all thats important now, at any rate, what isnt important is who is right and who is wrong.
01:30am 15/09/01 Permalink
Lash
Brisbane, Queensland
135 posts
America knew this thing would eventually happen, and it's nearly happened to them before. IMHO they entice it by interfering in other countries operation, like the Middle East, and even whenever it's the UN or NATO the blame in the Middle East always falls sqaurely on America's shoulders.

HOWEVER, IMHO someone DOES need to interfere. Racial / religious genocide as attempted by the Palestines is not a good thing and should be stopped. Admittedly, America is driven by self interest, look at the Gulf War, but they also try to stop small fanatical countries overpowering the countries next to them by brute force and raw brutality and murder (the countries do this, not America). If they didn't do this you'd have the Israelis dead, Palestine growing in power and heading towards being a nuclear power, such as Aphganistan. The ironic thing here is that America has supported these smaller countries by training them, supplying them with weapons and propaganda, and it later comes back to haunt them. The list of countries America has supported in the past includes Aphganistan, Iraq and Iran. Scary, isn't it?

I think the real fear to come from retaliation is a banding together of Fundamentalist Islamic or Muslim clans to form a Holy War vs the US. If half the Middle East declare war on the US, then World War 3 breaks out. What stops them banding together is not only their fear of the US, but their hatred of each other. What strikes me as really ironic is the lengths the hypocritical governments of these countries will go to to attempt to stop retaliation by the US such as giving blood or condeming terrorism when they fund and provide sanctuary for known terrorist.

These are my opinions, but I think it also shows just how screwed the world really is.
01:39am 15/09/01 Permalink
Hunter
Brisbane, Queensland
1666 posts
I accidentally posted this post twice. Two posts down is the right post.
01:39am 15/09/01 Permalink
Raraku
Brisbane, Queensland
185 posts
I can't belive im saying this

I agree with hunter
01:41am 15/09/01 Permalink
Hunter
Brisbane, Queensland
1667 posts
I wonder about the people who have no feelings about this - how can you not be at least slightly moved seeing people on TV frantically looking for their loved ones. Its really really f***ed up seeing people doing this. I don't think ANY strike made by Americans (apart from Japan in WW2) has EVER killed this many innocent civilians (I pointed it out before that the citizens of Nagasaki and Hiroshima WERE warned long before the atomic bombs being detonated). As I write this I have the TV going in the background - some CEO guy is breaking down talking about his employees dying - not something you see every day (in fact not something you want to see). So many people have lost parents, brothers, sisters, wives, husbands - some stories are just so sad. A few people on TV are looking for fiances they were to marry in the near future, pregnant wives. Hearing the answering machine message left by one of the people in the building was chilling. Seeing people falling to their almost-certain death was shocking - this whole thing is just horrid.

Lastly, you (I'm referring to previous posts in this thread) cannot say with any degree of certainty that an event such as this would NOT affect you in any way if it were in your face and not just an image on the TV.

Something else I found a little disturbing was the fact that channel 9 thought that the fall of Ansett was on par with the terrorist bombings and decided they would package both in the same long, all-afternoon news piece.
01:42am 15/09/01 Permalink
BlackRose
Rockhampton, Queensland
5 posts
Why is this more important than the wars and attacks and loss of life in other countries?????

Lets all ignore it like we know how to, and treat it just like we do when we hear of disasters in Africa, China or the middle east.

We all want to, its just that the freakin media is all US s***, so we cant do nothing but watch.

Lets burn something!!
02:35am 15/09/01 Permalink
Hunter
Brisbane, Queensland
1670 posts
Its more important because it didn't occur during a war or a time of conflict ffs. During a war casaulties are obviously expected, everyone knows the stakes are high so a loss of life is not so unexpected. People also have the time to deal with the concept of their loved one dying at any moment. At one stage during the Battle of Britain (air war beteen Luftwaffe and RAF over Britain) the average life expectancy for a RAF pilot was about 2 weeks. Not good odds if you ask me.

This latest attack, an act of terrorism was unprovoked and certainly unexpected. The sheer number of civilian lives thought to be lost is a lot higher than almost any single incident during any war known (with a few exceptions such as Japan). People should stop making comparisons with other world incidents - they are treated equally as much if they are equally as "big". The whole "its only being covered so much because its America" is simply a load of contrived s***.
03:14am 15/09/01 Permalink
power
Brisbane, Queensland
1431 posts
* N U K E D *

By Jim
07:05am 15/09/01 Permalink
DarkRomeo
Queensland
90 posts
* N U K E D *

By Jim
06:22pm 15/09/01 Permalink
The Satan Gundam
Brisbane, Queensland
433 posts
If I wanted Afghanistan f***ed, or Bush to be popular, or everyone who matters to side with America in a warm and fuzzy ring of friendship, I can think of no better way to do it than fly a couple of planes into the WTC, I really cant.

Why dont we all think about this?

I thought of this just after I found out the crashes were terrorist attacks I just didn't think anyone would like to hear it though.
07:16pm 15/09/01 Permalink
Hunter
Brisbane, Queensland
1673 posts
So, effectively you (or whoever wrote it) are saying is, that its a conspiracy? Normally I'd be inclined to at least give a conspiracy theory some credibility however there are several problems with that line of thinking in this case.

Firstly, if it were some sort of orchestrated catastrophe (as the writer claims) why would Osama Bin Laden have hinted at (or made) such events three weeks prior to this attack? Secondly, there would be a paper trail longer than the Great Wall of China - someone somewhere would know. Thirdly, contrary to what you think there are far easier and less costly ways (in human terms) of going about increasing popularity for Bush or hatred for another nation. Its been done in the past so I don't see why now should be any different.

On another note, some very interesting articles in today's Courier Mail (Inside Mail Sept 16, Page 32). I have taken the liberty of typing out a few extracts of the articles (I hope I don't get sued :)) as I realise most of you probably don't even know what a newspaper looks like. The first article is obviously its not the be all and end all of articles, however it does sit quite well with everything I have seen and read previously (documentaries, articles, books etc). I am by no means claiming to be an authority or expert on religion I am simply relaying information to others as a means of allowing them to make up their own mind.

The first article I take extracts from relates to Fundamentalist Muslims and this first quote I put in bold to emphasise its importance be sure you read it before passing judgement. Ok here are the extracts from the article, written by Dr Paul Stenhouse, a priest and journalist, specialising in Middle Eastern politics and Islam.

...Fundamentalist Muslims are a vocal minority. They are not typical of the vast majority of Muslims throughout the world...

...Of the 17 terrorist organisations set up in Islamic states and named by the US State Department in 2000 as actively engaged in terrorism in 1999, 11 are professedly Islamic or are rabidly anti-West...

...In addition to these high-profile radical groups there are many anonymous extremist groups in most Muslim countries devoted to the establishment of Islamic states ruled by the Shari'a [Islamic Law]. The Shari'a is not just the Koran - it also includes the Hadith (sayings of Mohammed), the Ijma (consensus of religious experts) and the Qiyas (analogy)...

...Algerian extremists belonging to the Armed Islamic Group (GIA) have been responsible for the deaths of more than 40,000 Algerian civilians - targeting mainly journalists, unveiled women and girls, "intellectuals", and anyone who is accused of co-operating with the secular government...

...The juridical status of non-Muslim's living in these countries has not changed since Muhammad's time: under the Shari'a they are not second-class citizens, they are non-persons

Until the 1800s it was virtually unheard of for Muslims to live in a non-Islamic country of their free will... The Koran forbids them to submit themselves to non-Islamic laws; to obey non-Islamic rulers and, by implication, to send their children to non-Islamic schools...

...In the Koran, the Prophet decreed that "infidels" - Jews and Christians - along with atheists, rationalists, agnostics, humanists, and free-thinkers, are to be warred against. He warned Muslims against friendship with non-Muslims, a proscription insisted upon by the Taliban in Afghanistan and by fundamentalists worldwide...

...All Western, free, democratic countries are, in Islamic terms, dur al-harb, or "lands of war" where fundamentalist Muslims may legitimately, in fact are obliged, to do all they can to bring about the dominance of Islam...

It would help the cause of moderate Islam if moderate Muslims came out courageously and strenuously in condemnation of the violence and terror emanating from within their communities. And if they protested the violation of the rights of all - be they Muslims or non-Muslims - in Islamic countries...

And from another article (this time referring to the Taliban specifically) in the Courier Mail (Inside Mail Sept 16, Page 33) I take this alarming quote:

And they have forced the countrys shrunken Hindu population to wear yellow badges on their clothes

Like me, you should be alarmed at this fact this is exactly what the Nazis did to the Jews in Germany before and during WW2. I firmly believe groups like the Taliban must be stopped for the sake of world peace and the crumbling reputation of Islam (Surely if it were YOUR religion you would not want to be associated with groups like the Taliban). Perhaps those people firebombing Mosques should maybe do some research before resorting to such drastic measures.

/END RANT (Yes I wrote everything but the quotes).

08:45pm 15/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1424 posts
koay, exactly what DO you suggest the USA (why do we keep referring to them as 'america', america is a continent, not a country) does about the situation? do u suggest they sit on their arses and do nothing? and just say "eh, these things happen", well, i dont think they are going to do that!!! they are going to act in self-defense. these terrorists have thrown down the gauntlet, and america has decided to pick it up and slap them in the face with it! (if u ever paid attention in history and english you'd know wot i was on about)
america has decided to go at war, and as soon as they find a CORRECT target (i still dont reckon it was this osama bin laden dude), they are gonna go all out to destroy them. but i do hope that they find SUM dirt against o.b.l, or at least something thatll warrant his destruction, cos we just dont need f***heads like that in the world! (the anti-white type)
08:59pm 15/09/01 Permalink
The Satan Gundam
Brisbane, Queensland
437 posts
Hunter do you think if it was a conspircy, there'd be any point if there wasn't a paper trail pointing to someone else?
I doubt it's a conspircy but anything is posible really remember the winners write the history books.
09:07pm 15/09/01 Permalink
Hunter
Brisbane, Queensland
1675 posts
Umm if you had read my post you would see I quite clearly stated that the Taliban must be stopped (I implied America and her allies do this). This does not mean indiscriminate bombing of Afghanistan - it means destroying the Taliban's infrastructure (bases, training camps etc) and arsenal (tanks etc). They will also have to convince Pakistan to not aid them (Pakistan in fact started the Taliban so they are pretty much responsible for the situation). Oh and nrky, we call them America because, guess what, the USA is an abbreivation the United States of America. Wow. You learn something every day. Simply going out and throwing bullets and missiles all over the place won't fix anything. In fact its more likely to make things worse. You don't think it was Osama Bin Laden? The FBI, CIA and a myriad of terrorist experts all believe he is responsible. I somehow think the FBI, CIA and terrorist experts (some have actually met him) have more knowledge about him and his activities than you do. And have you forgotten the fact he was behind the first WTC bombing and several US Embassy bombings in Nigeria (If I recall correctly). Chances are he was behind it.
09:17pm 15/09/01 Permalink
The Satan Gundam
Brisbane, Queensland
439 posts
I doubt it's a conspircy but anything is posible really

Are you f*****g blind? I was just saying if, say a government were involed in a conspircy, the whole idea is that noboy finds out, e.g. paper trail pointing to someone else. It called frameing someone and if you don't do a good job there's no point. I don't like having you jump down my throat just because I entertain an unlikely idea for more than a minute. I sometimes entertian the idea that maybe the world's religions are right, are you going lecture me on that? It doesn't mean I belive in god. I'm just trying to open my slightly closed mind a little.
09:30pm 15/09/01 Permalink
eYe-kAnDy
133 posts
That towel head is responsible for it..its obvious..im just waiting to see if USA attacks Afghanistan
09:33pm 15/09/01 Permalink
Hunter
Brisbane, Queensland
1677 posts
Satan Gundam, true. In fact I have heard rumours that Osama Bin Laden was trained by the CIA to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan (which he did). I've also heard rumours that this was the case with Ho Chi Min and a few other dictators. In any case, the events of the past few days are certainly not acceptable. Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban must be eliminated from the world. I'm fairly certain the residents of Afghanistan don't enjoy their regime. The Taliban have done nothing for the people of Afghanistan, other than make them look bad and keep them in the technological dark ages. What has Afghanistan got to offer the world under the rule of the Taliban? Tourism isn't going to be a major export is it?
09:40pm 15/09/01 Permalink
Cyph
Brisbane, Queensland
1490 posts
yep, when the soviets were invading/attacking afghanistan, bin laden was trained to fight, and was trained in tactics.

bet the us didnt intend for that to be turned around on them though.
09:44pm 15/09/01 Permalink
The Satan Gundam
Brisbane, Queensland
443 posts
Well you can't shave there for a start.
09:46pm 15/09/01 Permalink
Hunter
Brisbane, Queensland
1678 posts
Btw, my posts were out of synchronisation. You read a post intended for nrky... This thread takes ages to bring up - 300+ replies ffs!
09:49pm 15/09/01 Permalink
lastmanstanding
Melbourne, Victoria
10 posts
rofl hunter, don't know where do you get that rumor but it 's absolutely bs. Ho Chi Minh studied communist theory when he was in france in the 30s and used that to fight back the french who colonised VN. Then USA jumped in and it became the war between capitalism and communism in which VN was the expenriment field for them to test their theories, weapons ....
And Bin Laden was trainned by USA to fight Soviet, they called him ally but when he turned back and attack USA, they called him terrorist !
12:45am 17/09/01 Permalink
X-n-TriK
Brisbane, Queensland
20 posts
All I have to say is that this forum is now spammed enough for afghanistan to crash another plane into it.
01:26pm 17/09/01 Permalink
Rukh
Brisbane, Queensland
294 posts
What does Afghanistan have to offer to world at all?
It supplies maybe 50% of the worlds opium and heroin worth $US500 million a year to the country (which gets marked up along the way to the consume to be worth $80billion)
It also has natural gas worth about $US300 million a year.
That's it. It has no other exports because it has nothing it can export.
Sure the Taliban is an extremely repressive regime and isn't helping Afghanistan progress but as it stands they have nothing they can use to progress with even if the Taliban was to lose power. They have a *very* strong tribal system and a democracy would probably not work for the country as a whole due to it. It's basically a dead country. Which is a shame.
Just because some millionaire terrorist (who thus reminds me of a James Bond villain ;) is waging a war against the west, for reasons which to him are probably very much justififed, doesn't mean that attacking a country like Afghanistan is needed. That's just a natural reaction of the current militart/political establishment which still believes in wars only occuring between nation states.
I don't buy into the belief that Bin Laden is a lunatic or insane or anything like that. I believe he has his reasons for this actions personally and he might also have a lust for power like a lot of other people do. Are his actions dispicable? Of course they are. They're terrible. Does he deserve to be killed for it. Yes. Is he a lunatic? I doubt it.
03:27pm 17/09/01 Permalink
eYe-kAnDy
137 posts
They have nukes do they not?
03:43pm 17/09/01 Permalink
Rukh
Brisbane, Queensland
296 posts
Pakistan has nukes. Afghanistan does not. Though of course there's always the chance that someone like Bin Laden could purchase one of the black market I guess. I doubt the country itself could afford one however.
03:50pm 17/09/01 Permalink
Hunter
Brisbane, Queensland
1693 posts
Rukh, its the Taliban's support for Bin Laden which gives us the justification for removing them. I have said many times that it should involve discriminate bombing, ie military targets only (where possible). We don't need tyrannical regimes like the Taliban in this world, we need only look at history to tell us why.
09:08pm 17/09/01 Permalink
SMith
Brisbane, Queensland
1 posts
Am I the only person in bloody Australia who remembers the East Timor incident? We asked America to assist us in that incident and all they said was "F*** you, it's your own problem, go fight it yourselves" Aussies could have died if the milsia (or however you spell it) rebelled

Now wtf can't we say the same thing and this puts us out of danger from nukes an' s*** as well
10:38pm 17/09/01 Permalink
The Satan Gundam
Brisbane, Queensland
482 posts
No they said their not the global police. Anyway look how it turned out, a great sucess for Austraila.

America's Global police image didn't exactly help the bombers decide not to bomb them did it?
10:47pm 17/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1437 posts
actually, we already have pakistan's full support in the elimination of osama bin laden! and the taliban is one of the ruling forces for about 90% of the populace of afghanistan (islamic)
11:09pm 17/09/01 Permalink
clipto
88 posts
Also its not as though we were being attacked, we decided to go into Timor.
11:29pm 17/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1456 posts
actually we just decided to assist the east-timoreze (or was it the west's?) in their battles (f*** knows y), and i reckon its gonna be the same with the us, but god knows why the f*** we should hafta provide cannon fodder for the us
11:39pm 17/09/01 Permalink
NrKy
Melbourne, Victoria
1457 posts
actually we just decided to assist the east-timoreze (or was it the west's?) in their battles (f*** knows y), and i reckon its gonna be the same with the us, but god knows why the f*** we should hafta provide cannon fodder for the us
11:40pm 17/09/01 Permalink
Hunter
Brisbane, Queensland
1697 posts
Correction. You have the support of the pakistani government - NOT their people.
12:04am 18/09/01 Permalink
Element
Brisbane, Queensland
540 posts
i herd there was a a face in the smoke, the face of the devil?!?! o000ooo00oo00oo
link meh!
12:10am 18/09/01 Permalink
Hunter
Brisbane, Queensland
1698 posts
Cannon Fodder? I don't think so pal. If the US didn't need or want our soldiers they would say so. If they want them they will use them wisely (they need all the resources they can get for this war). You do realise that the allied forces would be fighting against enemies who don't have access to all the spy satellites, communications networks etc... They make up for these shortcomings with suicidal fanatics - lots of them. I'm not too clued up on what kinds of weapons these people have (someone might be able to clear this up) but I'm fairly certain that the allied forces would have better communications technology by far (Don't forget that the Taliban is a very backward group).
12:21am 18/09/01 Permalink
SMith
Brisbane, Queensland
2 posts
Umm we assisted East Timor because they are close to our country and they have assited us with some s*** in the past. We have assisted America in the past, yet they chose to f*** us off

We are allied with America aren't we? Well that means they have to assist us in any war great or small.

Like I said before if those milisia d**** rebelled, Aussie soldier could have died but they were to scared s***less to rebel (this is why we had a "success") and the arrogant Americans couldn't give a s*** about Aussie soldiers dying.

I just gotta say this John Howard is just a f*****g suckup to America, don't know why, but you can just tell.
03:44pm 18/09/01 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:44pm 18/09/01 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page