We chat with some of the engineers at NVIDIA and go behind the scenes of the impressive Quake II RTX mod.
NVIDIA on Quake II RTX as the First Fully Ray-Traced Game
The city builder meets conquest series has been around for many years, and this new entry take the series back to the past to re-capture some magic.
Anno 1800 Review - Going Back to Move Forward
We sit down with Blizzard and the Hearthstone team to talk about what goes into designing a new card set and mechanics.
Talking Hearthstone and the New Rise of Shadows Expansion!
Does it hold up almost a decade after first exploding onto the scene?
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition Review
PS3 crashing help
wwfmike
Brisbane, Queensland
1106 posts
I've had my ps3 40gb since oct 08 and just recently it's been crashing. I pretty much only play FIFA. This is what happens, playing on or offline and near half time the commentary will stop but with game still perfectly playable, then score bar and player indicator will disappear with game still playable then at the completion of the game it will not bring up the final score and stats screen it just sits there and you can't do anything but access the console main menu. I've looked on forums and bought cooling devices and have narrowed it down to the blu ray drive being the problem. Basically I need a new lens etc but couldn't be bothered ordering one in from eBay and doing it myself. Is there anyone here who deals with ps3 servicing that I could talk to and get my issue sorted out asap? I could easily buy a new slimline but but would rather salvage what I can by just replacing the lens saving a couple of hundred. Thanks
03:47pm 26/03/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:47pm 26/03/10 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
9642 posts
send it to sony? back up your harddrive if you do
03:49pm 26/03/10 Permalink
wwfmike
Brisbane, Queensland
1107 posts
Nah it's out of warranty and they charge you a 300 slamming for just sending it in, I'm just hoping there is a console service or repairer on this forum or someone who could refer me to someone
04:17pm 27/03/10 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
8453 posts
I sent mine to Sony on Monday for $250. Gets you a refurbished model and warranty inc shipping and stuff. Still feels like a bit of a rip but I bought it like 3 years ago. hardly use it but now I cbf'd upgrading my comp and there is like 5 games I wanna play.
04:23pm 27/03/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:23pm 27/03/10 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.