A look at Stay in the Light, from one-man studio Sunside Games. Designed specifically for NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics cards.
Stay in the Light – Indie Horror Powered by Ray-Tracing
198X is endearing, and how it presents a compilation of sorts of an era is something that leaves a positive if not lasting impression.
198X Review - Coming of Age in the Arcade Era
We sit down with Blizzard to discuss the creation of its visually striking new zones – Nazjatar and Mechagon.
From Concept to Screen – World of Warcraft's Rise of Azshara
Techland's next parkour leap into Dying Light takes 'post-apocalyptia' to a new level as we explore...
Dying Light 2 - Renaissance Mad Max
Xbox 360 Slim coming !?
E.T.
Queensland
2552 posts
From cnet .

http://mongie.com/ulimages/opt1268959371e.jpg

A recent post on the A9VG forums has led many to believe that what you see above is the new "Valhalla" motherboard for the Xbox 360 console. Underneath that fan heatsink is supposedly a CPU/GPU combo chip that will allow for the overall size reduction of the board.
Sony was able to breathe new life into the PlayStation 3 when the company released a slimmed-down version of the console back in September, so we'd imagine Microsoft is attempting to follow suit. We'll speculate that this "Xbox 360 Slim" will go for the same price as a current Elite ($300), which itself could see a price drop when all is said and done.
To make things even more interesting, Engadget points out that Microsoft is currently hiring a motherboard design engineer for the Xbox 360 Console Development Team, so whether you want to file that under coincidence is up to you.

I hope this happens. It might even address the dreaded RROD issue.
11:43am 19/03/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:43am 19/03/10 Permalink
evıs
Brisbane, Queensland
6250 posts
Unless it's more powerful I don't care.
11:45am 19/03/10 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
5026 posts
Motherboard Design Engineer sounds like a cool job. I wonder what they expect to be rewarded.
11:46am 19/03/10 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
29853 posts
fragmenting a console community would be a terrible idea
11:55am 19/03/10 Permalink
Thundercracker
Brisbane, Queensland
2374 posts
^^ exactly.

Best bet is to release a smaller, cheaper, better looking variant with the same internal hardware.
12:03pm 19/03/10 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
2553 posts
Best bet is to release a smaller, cheaper, better looking variant with the same internal hardware.

Well, given that if you have the same parts, they wont be smaller, or cheaper, thats not going to happen is it.

If the speculation is correct, it just means MS is doing what Sony did with the playstation. Same functionality, smaller cheaper box to do it on.
12:09pm 19/03/10 Permalink
d0mino
Brisbane, Queensland
4741 posts
it will be interesting to see how they integrate the hdd in, because you would want to be able to be able to use all the old periphals? especially the HDD.
12:28pm 19/03/10 Permalink
tequila
Brisbane, Queensland
6320 posts
if they're doing this for motives other than fincancial I would be incredibly surprised
they're doing this to make more money out of you, which is perfectly fine
12:48pm 19/03/10 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
4875 posts

That's a stupid idea. Yay, lets develop 360 games twice!
02:44pm 19/03/10 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
5521 posts
Can it be more powerful without fragmenting the community? Are there games for X360 that might perform better on a refresh if they upped the jigglewatts?
02:49pm 19/03/10 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
2554 posts
When you develop for the Xbox360, your given a development box to test your code on that has less resources (ram) than the retail Xbox360. I was told this by a friend of mine who develops for this platform that unless you can get 30fps MS wont allow it to be be published.

This being the case, you shouldn't be able to notice any difference.

\visible FPS comments

last edited by E.T. at 15:24:40 19/Mar/10
03:23pm 19/03/10 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
5526 posts
I was told this by a friend of mine who develops for this platform that unless you can get 30fps MS wont allow it to be be published.

This being the case, you shouldn't be able to notice any difference.

Oh god, there goes the thread.
03:41pm 19/03/10 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
4879 posts
I can't check the amount of RAM on mine, as I only have a test kit. I'm pretty sure the dev kits have double the RAM of a retail unit.
04:39pm 19/03/10 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
2557 posts
Oh, right you are Midda. Thats right.
Oh Hoggy, play the game man.
05:04pm 19/03/10 Permalink
Stefan
Hobart, Tasmania
2 posts
lol id rather a Xbox "Silent" or Xbox "Ninja"
09:45pm 02/04/10 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
456 posts
fragmenting a console community would be a terrible idea

You think they give a s***? SALES!
09:49pm 02/04/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:49pm 02/04/10 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.