We chat with some of the engineers at NVIDIA and go behind the scenes of the impressive Quake II RTX mod.
NVIDIA on Quake II RTX as the First Fully Ray-Traced Game
The city builder meets conquest series has been around for many years, and this new entry take the series back to the past to re-capture some magic.
Anno 1800 Review - Going Back to Move Forward
We sit down with Blizzard and the Hearthstone team to talk about what goes into designing a new card set and mechanics.
Talking Hearthstone and the New Rise of Shadows Expansion!
Does it hold up almost a decade after first exploding onto the scene?
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition Review
Awesome Playstation Move tv ad
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
14444 posts
Takes a few shots at the Wii and Natal, pretty good ad :)

Was gonna put this in one of the other threads about the Playstation Move, but they're all kinda dropped off the page, and this is thread-worthy all by itself.
11:05pm 18/03/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:05pm 18/03/10 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
14445 posts
I just watched it again, and I noticed fine print on the screen that came up and said the Playstation Eye camera (which seems to be necessary for the Move to even work) is sold separately. Starting to get a bit more expensive now when you throw that in on the top, I would have thought it would at least come with a camera, since it wont work without it.
11:07pm 18/03/10 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
9576 posts
huh? last i read the camera and the controller come in a bundle.
11:11pm 18/03/10 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
8415 posts
11:22pm 18/03/10 Permalink
iWhoop
Brisbane, Queensland
15728 posts
maybe it means the camera is sold separately from the ps3, not the controller? But hey, this is sony we're talking about.
03:14am 19/03/10 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
2650 posts
They probably will bring out a bundle. But for those that already have the Eye, you can buy the move seperatly...

Because you CAN buy the move seperatly, and people are stupid, Sony have covered their ass by saying that you still need the Eye for it to work.
08:18am 19/03/10 Permalink
pixem
Sydney, New South Wales
239 posts
They will probably have like 5 different bundles. Don't forget there will be the side controller if I recall correctly. So that will have to be in a bundle or also seperate etc.
10:01am 19/03/10 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
2549 posts
I think its great to see Playstation making inroads like this. I really like their platform. Has anyone installed Linux on their PS3 yet? It lets you without needing to mod the damn thing.
11:02am 19/03/10 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
29852 posts
As I said in our other threads, they have announced a bundle which includes the main Move controller + EyeToy + one game for around USD$100. I think this will be their main pitch at least initially to try to get the existing PS3 market to migrate over. Everything else will be sold separately but I'm sure they will have other bundle options available.
11:24am 19/03/10 Permalink
static
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1 posts
Does anyone actually know what the release date is for the Playstation Move in Australia yet?
07:59am 25/03/10 Permalink
b1ackshad0w
Queensland
1 posts
I know someone that works at EB games and they reckon it should be here in Australia in "Spring". It looks pretty sweet, hopefully it will be as good or better than the Wii. Don't have to buy a Wii now!
05:33pm 25/03/10 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
4913 posts
I think its great to see Playstation making inroads like this. I really like their platform. Has anyone installed Linux on their PS3 yet? It lets you without needing to mod the damn thing.

Yeah, but it's pretty useless. Half of the hardware is locked out, so it's pretty slow and crap. Plus, they removed the ability to install other operating systems with the Slim.

I'm pretty interested in the Move. It looks like it'll be like the Wii, except more interesting and less lame.
06:07pm 25/03/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:07pm 25/03/10 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.