Techland's next parkour leap into Dying Light takes 'post-apocalyptia' to a new level as we explore...
Dying Light 2 - Renaissance Mad Max
A deep dive into the pros, cons and likelihood of the Battlefield sequel rumour that refuses to die: Bad Company 3...
The Good and Bad Company of Battlefield’s future
We've finally compiled our Top 10 Best of E3 Winners, and Runners Up - who makes the cut?
Our Top 10 Best of E3 Winners and Runners Up
Three new GPUs from NVIDIA this week with the RTX 2060 SUPER, the RTX 2070 SUPER, and the RTX 2080 SUPER. We take the first for a spin.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Review - New Name, New Power
Heavy Rain cant load anymore!
simo
1 posts
Anyone else having this problem where loading a save game it hangs with a black screen? It seems an awful coincidence that this has happened during the PSN downtime but this is a PS3 Slim. There seem to be other with the same issue online after the last patch but no solutions. Anyone from oz in the same boat? I was 3/4 of the way through the game.!
02:34pm 02/03/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:34pm 02/03/10 Permalink
Twinsen
Gold Coast, Queensland
315 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: Off-Topic
02:40pm 02/03/10 Permalink
konstie
Melbourne, Victoria
721 posts
Hahah Twinsen that was GOLD.

I haven't come across this issue, I am sorry.
02:43pm 02/03/10 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
29624 posts
I'll check and see if our reviewer had issues with it. Fortunately she knocked off the game before the PSN fail so might not have noticed.
02:45pm 02/03/10 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
14341 posts
Can you just go into the "Chapters" option from the main menu and pick up at the chapter you were at? You shouldn't lose much (or any) progress.
02:47pm 02/03/10 Permalink
Twinsen
Gold Coast, Queensland
519 posts
How is the game btw? I absolutely loved farenheight, one of the only games I sat down and played through from start to finish it was that good.

02:51pm 02/03/10 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
29625 posts
tested loads and they're fine - apparently devs say leave it for up to 5 minutes because some of the loads can be really huge
02:52pm 02/03/10 Permalink
Morgan
Brisbane, Queensland
3644 posts
I am yet to play Heavy Rain but I must say David Cage seems like a neurotic, crazed and unstable artist. He is the Hemingway of the video game industry. He doesn't see his games as games but instead 'Interactive Movies'. He comes of a bit like Billy Walsh from Entourage. He is the man.

Sources: His blog, interviews & previous games.
02:55pm 02/03/10 Permalink
simo
2 posts
How good the game is is a tricky one to answer. In the beginning having to shake the controller and press O to drink orange juice or any of the other mundane things that you have to do was boring the hell out of me and it seemed that the gameplayer was basically irrelevant to what was happening on the screen. As its been a few hours now and the story has progressed its hooked me in more and more. Particularly when you realise that a characters storie can just come to an end depending on your choices. If the game can make you care about that then its achieved something quite new i think. Probably why many other reviews have summarised it as brilliant and flawed.

>I am yet to play Heavy Rain but I must say David Cage seems like a neurotic, crazed and unstable artist.

Just the way i like them :)

Thanks for the feedback. I have tried previous saves as well with the same result. On other forums people have started again onyl to have the same thing crop up later which would have me throwing the controller at the wall.

As its been less than a week i might have to just exchange it for Bad Company 2 and take out my frustrations with some head shots.
06:00pm 02/03/10 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
14351 posts
Even using the Chapter's option and picking a chapter doesn't work? I didn't think that was loading a save, but I guess internally maybe it is.
06:44pm 02/03/10 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
5155 posts
I can't load me drums in this heavy rain anymore.

Wait...

Wrong thread, right?
06:46pm 02/03/10 Permalink
simo
3 posts
Yeh Khel tried that as well. no joy.
08:53pm 02/03/10 Permalink
simo
4 posts
Ok just to close this off i managed to get it to load from the chapters by going back about 15 of them and continuing from there...

ta
10:03am 03/03/10 Permalink
`ViPER`
Brisbane, Queensland
2035 posts
I can't load me drums in this heavy rain anymore.

Wait...

Wrong thread, right?

I though the same thing reading the thread title, luckily I was just playing guitar yesterday so only the cases got wet.
10:09am 03/03/10 Permalink
simo
5 posts
Is everyone here in the same Brisbane band or something? :P
12:01pm 03/03/10 Permalink
tequila
Brisbane, Queensland
6137 posts
no they're all individuals, no one understands them so they play music as an escape
it's so arty and all that s***
12:05pm 03/03/10 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
5157 posts
Us musos should band together and fight the other QGL tribes.
12:20pm 03/03/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:20pm 03/03/10 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.