We chat with some of the engineers at NVIDIA and go behind the scenes of the impressive Quake II RTX mod.
NVIDIA on Quake II RTX as the First Fully Ray-Traced Game
The city builder meets conquest series has been around for many years, and this new entry take the series back to the past to re-capture some magic.
Anno 1800 Review - Going Back to Move Forward
We sit down with Blizzard and the Hearthstone team to talk about what goes into designing a new card set and mechanics.
Talking Hearthstone and the New Rise of Shadows Expansion!
Does it hold up almost a decade after first exploding onto the scene?
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition Review
Xbox 360 firmware sound issue
funky
Brisbane, Queensland
532 posts
Okay people - so I hired out COD MW2 to see what the fuss was about (it was $1 tuesday!) and it required me to update the firmware of my 360 (I don't have live and have never connected it to the net etc). It did this and now due to the brilliant update, the 'new xbox experience' or some such thing, I don't have any sound at all, not in games nor in DVD's. I've had a bit of a google, but I can't find a method to restore the sound that actually works? any ideas?
02:36pm 15/12/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:36pm 15/12/09 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
9842 posts
You certainly can't rollback firmware. Your best bet would be to hit up Microsoft's regular support channels over at xbox.com .
02:51pm 15/12/09 Permalink
d0mino
Brisbane, Queensland
4517 posts
have you tried connecting it to the net to get the latest firmware off the net rather than the disc?
04:29pm 15/12/09 Permalink
funky
Brisbane, Queensland
533 posts
yeah i've hit up microsoft already and i'm waiting on a reply from their customer service people. a few places i've seen on the net with people who had the same issue have said that microsoft aren't acknowledging it as an issue

i haven't tried connecting it to the net yet, but i think i will and have a crack at it that way after work.

cheers
04:30pm 15/12/09 Permalink
Denominator
Brisbane, Queensland
701 posts
Try changing your sound setting it may have changed your settings
01:14am 16/12/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:14am 16/12/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.