We chat to Ubisoft's Shelley Johnson and discuss the game's fascinating and groundbreaking open-world design.
Watch Dogs Legion Interview
We dig deep to discover the appeal of the stylish guns, bullets, and bananas action game.
My Friend Pedro Review - An Appealing Action Game
As part of E3 2019 we had the chance to go hands on with DOOM Eternal and witness the evolution of the id Software's re-imagining of the iconic series.
DOOM Eternal - The id Software Shooter Perfected
We sit down with Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint producer Nouredine Abboud to talk about the latest Ghost adventure.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint Interview
PS3 or XBOX 360 or both?
HeardY
Gaelic newb
Ireland
16394 posts

I'll be heading home soon and will be purchasing one (or both) of them, I'd like to try and get a handle of what you 'gamers' feel is the better console. Are there any major exclusives, in terms of games, that one console has over the other?

I've been so far removed from gaming for so long I wouldn't know which one is better or worse etc

Early in the xbox v ps3 war I would have said xbox, however I am leaning towards ps3 (for no real apparent reason other then having used one at mates places here in Ireland).

I'll definitely be getting a Wii as they are a lot of fun when people are around etc

So, xbox or ps3 people?
12:53am 01/09/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:53am 01/09/09 Permalink
HeardY
Gaelic newb
Ireland
16395 posts
Also worth considering, can I use either as a 'media center' without too much f*****g about like I did with my original xbox?
01:00am 01/09/09 Permalink
Mitch
Western Australia
280 posts
Yeah TV Versity ftw

Edit : Oh yeah Xbox 360 because it has lots more of those ever "exclusive titles".
01:07am 01/09/09 Permalink
whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
14475 posts
Don't PS3's play bluray discs?
01:12am 01/09/09 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
3778 posts
Yeah, but Blu-ray players are coming down in price pretty quickly.
01:26am 01/09/09 Permalink
sLiNky
Brisbane, Queensland
1183 posts
Yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat. I've just bought a xbox 360 pro pack. A mate won it on nova and sold it to me for 400 bucks. Came with GH:WT as well. albeit just the guitar and not the drums.

So I'll probley mod chip it

What is the best chip to get? And where from? What do they do? I;ve been doing a bit of googling but not sure which one to get. Getting a mod chips means I can back up games right? or grab demos of the net, burn them and play?

Apparently there is a guy at redcliffe that does it? Im in geebung so somewhere close by would be good.
01:27am 01/09/09 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
3509 posts
you can soft mod your xbox360 yourself.

google it, requires flashing the firmware on the DVD player. Depending on what drive you have it may be easy or may be hard.
03:20am 01/09/09 Permalink
simul
Brisbane, Queensland
555 posts
I use my ps3 more than my 360, the media center interface is more decent. 360 has some very decent exclusives, but looking into the future ps3 seems to have much better games coming out, and not having to pay for xbox live every month is nice. 2c
05:07am 01/09/09 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
26047 posts
http://www.speeddemons.com.au/

ashley can do your modding
05:12am 01/09/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
27701 posts
I've been so far removed from gaming for so long I wouldn't know which one is better or worse etc
Is it just for games? Or do you want to factor in other things? What sort of games - how important is online?

The trend is moving away from platform exclusives, but they still exist. Halo will probably always be Xbox-based, for example. Xbox online services are seriously starting to crank though, but unfortunately in Australia we won't see the benefit of them for ages (if ever), sad face.
05:48am 01/09/09 Permalink
Infidel
Netherlands
2989 posts
I have a 360 and maybe should have gone with a ps3 because of the better media player and no monthly fees ...
06:15am 01/09/09 Permalink
Sover
Brisbane, Queensland
395 posts
Media center interface for PS3 is easy just share your music/movies in WMP 11 and that's it.
06:21am 01/09/09 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
7543 posts
ps3. No online fees, MGS4, Gran Turismo, blu-ray. While Xbox has a lot more exclusives, most of them are terrible console games that you don't want to play anyway.

Get a PC
06:27am 01/09/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
27703 posts
Media center interface for PS3 is easy just share your music/movies in WMP 11 and that's it.
that sounds lame, I dont want to have my PC on to watch media on my TV... can you plug in a USB HDD or something? I guess not
06:45am 01/09/09 Permalink
Tim Tibbetts
Brisbane, Queensland
2163 posts
If you can afford to buy both then it's worthwhile buying both.

If you can't, then it's a great time to buy a PS3 due to the recent price drop and launch of PS3. If you have a decent PC then your reasons to buy an Xbox360 are greatly reduced. If you don't have a decent PC then I would go with an Xbox360.
06:55am 01/09/09 Permalink
giririsss
Brisbane, Queensland
3252 posts
ps3. No online fees, MGS4, Gran Turismo, blu-ray. While Xbox has a lot more exclusives, most of them are terrible console games that you don't want to play anyway.
Killzone 2, lol. no Forza either. yeah, the ps3 wins it hands down with their "superior" exclusives.

The 360 has a great online community, xbox live is policed and for the most part the level of a******* you meet on there aren't as bad as on pub servers from old pc gaming. $90 for the whole year to subscribe to live? yeah, it's not that much of a price to pay, and on both online services, you pay for the content it self. and live has alot more content than psn.

I'd still go with the 360, more games, alot of the percieved exclusives for ps3 aren't, its just sony aus are chipping in on the advertising for the games and as a result, only their name is showing up (not such a bad idea). People still believe final fantasy to be a ps3 exclusive, it's not. And there are for the most part, alot more people on live playing their games online. Cod4 Cod5 Halo 3 all still have decent sized player bases years after the games release.

The 360 easily turns into a media centre, and for trog, you can plug a usb hdd into the 360 and it will play the media off of that. Though most people just stream it over their network straight to the 360. PS3 can do the network streaming, dunno about the USB part.

It's alot closer than it used to be, but the 360 still seems to win out in most cases because it's cheaper to buy, and it does have a better online service with on the whole, more people actually playing online. The only thing it doesn't have is a blu-ray player, but you can get blu-ray players that have better play back than the ps3 for less these days.

07:19am 01/09/09 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
7544 posts

Killzone 2, lol. no Forza either.

Haha I played the demo of killzone2 and it was retarded like all FPS games on console. Forza is an aboriginal version of GT.

Anyway all consoles are fairly bad. Just get a decent PC, it has plenty of games that 'gamers' like playing.
07:32am 01/09/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8200 posts
that sounds lame, I dont want to have my PC on to watch media on my TV... can you plug in a USB HDD or something? I guess not

you dont need to have your pc on. just copy the files to a usb stick and plug it in.

last edited by ravn0s at 07:54:20 01/Sep/09
07:53am 01/09/09 Permalink
d0mino
Brisbane, Queensland
4337 posts
360 for playing games, media. ps3 for watching blu rays. or... get a blu ray player.
07:53am 01/09/09 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
9530 posts
Both was as option, why aren't more people voting for that? Heardy, get both :)

Good time to be buying as they've both just had price drops.

Slinky: There's no mod "chips" for the Xbox 360 to speak of (not counting the hardcore nand hacks, that are still outside the realm of the general user).

Modding for the 360 currently consists of software flashing the firmware on the dvd drive (by plugging it into a PC) to trick it into thinking burned games are legitimate copies.

There's still currently no way to do this on a PlayStation 3. PS3 does let you install linux, but has crippled access to the hardware so even things like decent mediaplayers aren't really possible to run on it.

Neither PS3 or X360 are worth a s*** as a media centre as neither support a decent range of codecs.
08:22am 01/09/09 Permalink
Totenkopf
Melbourne, Victoria
7 posts
I have both of them but the 360 is the one that get use the most..the psn is a joke
id rather pay for a great service,xbl, that to use some cheap crap....
XBOX 360 ftw!
08:24am 01/09/09 Permalink
giririsss
Brisbane, Queensland
3253 posts
Haha I played the demo of killzone2 and it was retarded like all FPS games on console. Forza is an aboriginal version of GT.
Actually i find FPS games that are designed for consoles, work really well. and i'd rather forza than GT :)

Neither PS3 or X360 are worth a s*** as a media centre as neither support a decent range of codecs.

The 360 and ps3 are both supported by tv versity, which on the fly converts what ever media file you're watching into compatible files for your streaming device to play back. So i rarely have any trobules with codec support. I don't think WMP11 does that, so if you're just using WMP, yes it might be a problem.

Most people who are after a media centre would more than likely be able to set up tv versity on their PC at home.

08:34am 01/09/09 Permalink
Alt_F4
Brisbane, Queensland
1008 posts
I have both (though haven't played either for quite a while though). Never really used the 360 except to play the exclusives like Halo etc. I much prefer the PS3s interface, and I find media much easier to handle on it.

WTS Xbox 360
08:37am 01/09/09 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
9532 posts
Most people who are after a media centre would more than likely be able to set up tv versity on their PC at home.
Good luck gaming on or otherwise using your PC while it's transcoding a show that someone else is watching on the TV. It's really more of a bandaid that a proper media centre solution.
08:41am 01/09/09 Permalink
HeardY
Gaelic newb
Ireland
16396 posts
Yah buying both is certainly an option, although I don't know that I'd use them enough to warrant both. I'll consider it though.

I think once I get home I'll have more time spare to game, I plan on taking another 3-6 months off before working again.

Good replies so far, keep them coming :)
09:04am 01/09/09 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
26050 posts
who's bank rolling this extended funtimes jaunt heards, i demand to know!!!!
09:15am 01/09/09 Permalink
giririsss
Brisbane, Queensland
3254 posts
Good luck gaming on or otherwise using your PC while it's transcoding a show that someone else is watching on the TV. It's really more of a bandaid that a proper media centre solution.

I wouldn't consider it a band aid, but you're right, that pc would be taxed to also play a game, but it's fine to do normal stuff like browse on. But you can notice anyone doing anything to your pc, if you're playing games on it.

But you can also easily get tv versity to run on your file server. I think they're even trying to support most nas boxes now. which would be an ideal solution IMO, as most NAS boxes sit around doing nothing 90% of the time.
09:19am 01/09/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13544 posts
I have both, but I tend to lean towards getting games on 360 if they're on both consoles. I guess its a combination of a few things, seems to be a better community on 360 and most of the people I would play online against get the game on 360, plus I like achievements, they're a fun little added extra and PS3's version of achievements is really quite crap. Theres also been enough times in the past where the PS3 version of a game is buggy or sub-par quality compared to the 360 one (I guess due to the fact its more of a c*** to program for), so now I just tend to grab 360 versions of games.

Having said that, there is some pretty sweet stuff on PS3, I loved Metal Gear Solid 4, Valkyria Chronicles was great, Uncharted (and very soon, Uncharted 2) is fantastic, Infamous was a lot of fun, but they're few and far between. PS3 may not get tonnes of use, but what it lacks in quantity it surely makes up for in quality, and then you've got a blu-ray player as well. My PS3 probably gets more use as a blu-ray player these days than a games machine tbh.

But if you can afford both, get both, cos theres some awesome stuff coming out in the next few months, and if you have the opportunity to absorb maximum amounts of gaming goodness, then I say go for it. If you're only going to get one, I'd say get the 360, cos you'll get more bang for your buck.
09:24am 01/09/09 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
2274 posts
Did anyone else read the thread title and think, "or neither?"

I like console gaming, as in the control style, but I just have a decent media PC with two XBOX360 controllers. No doubt I'm missing out on some games, but I haven't really noticed much. As mentioned a couple of times above, I'm not into XBOX Live or anything (I'm anti- monthly fees, in particular direct debited ones), so don't feel like I'm missing out on much there.

My best mate has a 360 and PS3 with all the goods, I see exactly what I'm not getting, so it's not like I'm in the dark about features, and I'm still happy with my PC setup.

But yeah, if both is an option, there's no decision :-))))
09:25am 01/09/09 Permalink
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
4368 posts
If you're willing to get both, I'd say go 360 first as it'll be cheaper and you'll have a larger back catalogue of (likely) cheaper games to keep you busy. See how that goes and if you've played through all the "must haves" and arcade games that take your fancy then go out and get yourself a PS3 to fill the void, though I reckon it'd take you a good year or 2 of solid play to play through the best of the 360's library.
09:27am 01/09/09 Permalink
Thundercracker
Brisbane, Queensland
2048 posts
I actually get a lot of play time out of XBLA games. I have spent a fair bit of cash on them, and I really enjoy playing them with mates.

I'm going to end up getting a slim ps3 as well for the psn games and blu-ray player, plus the few exclusives.
09:57am 01/09/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
3894 posts
I own both consoles, and lately, my PS3 has gotten far more use, primarily because it's a much better media center. You can plug in an external HDD and play from that, but I stream everything from my PC using PS3 Media Server (don't touch TVersity, PS3 Media Server is far better).

As for games, yes, the 360 has a larger selection, but the PS3 still has more than enough to keep you occupied. Both have some awesome exclusive titles, which is why I find it difficult to recommend one over the other. If you can afford it, I'd just say get both, because there's enough fantastic exclusives on each console to warrant it. I certainly don't regret buying either one of them.

Other things to consider:

Xbox is cheaper.

PS3 has free online play.

Xbox (in my opinion) has a more comfortable controller.

PS3 has more features built in, like bluetooth, wifi, a user-upgradable HDD, and gigabit ethernet.

All PS3 games are region free.

Xbox is usually the lead development platform, so multi-platform games are sometimes better on 360.

But yeah, as I said, if it's an option, I'd say get both.
10:13am 01/09/09 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
665 posts
Slinky: There's no mod "chips" for the Xbox 360 to speak of (not counting the hardcore nand hacks, that are still outside the realm of the general user).

Modding for the 360 currently consists of software flashing the firmware on the dvd drive (by plugging it into a PC) to trick it into thinking burned games are legitimate copies.

technically there is a mod chip for the 360, its fitted to the cd/dvd drive and it flashes the firmware on the fly when it detects a burnt disc, turns off the firmware when legitimate discs are put in.

it is to be heavily noted that there is no benefit to flashing an xbox360, it only allows you to play backup games.

... no back on subject

i have both consoles, i probably play my 360 more then my ps3 whe it comes to games, but in saying that both get a chunk of my time (when i can find the time to use them) generally ill playing ps3 one month 360 the next depending on release schedules for games..

imo the ps3 makes a better media server, to assist with playing most things with out worries i personally use ps3 media server.. i found it was easier to use then tversity.

anything else i mention would of already been said in this thread... if i could personally only pick one console id go the 360.. because of the online community and because it has a good selection of exclusives that i prefer over the ps3 exclusives... but since i can have both.. i do.. and i use them both.
10:23am 01/09/09 Permalink
konstie
35 posts
don't forget project natal coming out on xbox 360 soon (2010). . . that should "re-spice" the otherwise dying console...
10:42am 01/09/09 Permalink
Alize`
Brisbane, Queensland
1252 posts
can you plug in a USB HDD or something? I guess not

I do this with a 1TB hard drive. Only issue here is that PS3 is not compatible with NTFS so you have to convert the hdd or part of it to FAT so you can't transfer files that are larger than 4GB over. Also the PS3 doesn't support .mkv so HD video rips can't be played unless you use PS3 media server which transcodes on the fly (very cool).

Other than that your usual .avi rips play fine and I really like the interface of the PS3.

If you can afford both get both. That way you have no short comings and can't gripe about having a missing function.
11:19am 01/09/09 Permalink
Raisty
Brisbane, Queensland
171 posts
Is there actually much difference between the 2 consoles for media centre use?

You can plug in an external HDD and play from that
works for both consoles, and they both need to be FAT formatted.

Neither does .mkv without TVersity ?

11:28am 01/09/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8204 posts
Only issue here is that PS3 is not compatible with NTFS so you have to convert the hdd or part of it to FAT so you can't transfer files that are larger than 4GB over.

damn was going to format mine to ntfs to watch movies over 4gb :(

Also the PS3 doesn't support .mkv so HD video rips can't be played unless you use PS3 media server which transcodes on the fly (very cool).

just mux the .mkv file and it will play on the ps3. cant remember the program i use but it takes about 10 secs to mux a 1.3gb file.

11:43am 01/09/09 Permalink
pixem
Queensland
205 posts
PS3 does let you install linux, but has crippled access to the hardware so even things like decent mediaplayers aren't really possible to run on it.

Just on this, I believe they did improve access to more of the hardware, so it wasn't as crippled. But this feature will be removed from the upcoming 3.0 update and for the new hardware, so no more linux :( Not sure if it will work on the older models with 3.0 firmware, but obviously will if you stick to 2.8 etc)

Things worth noting on the media center side of things for the PS3, is vidzone music streaming (nice but can consume a bit of bandwidth if you use it like a radio)

and coming soon will be playTV (record TV etc, tivo esq) and movie purchases from the PS store (netflix esq). Also bravia sync, so if you got a newer bravia you can integrate it and have better remote control goodness via the hdmi.

last edited by pixem at 12:20:51 01/Sep/09
12:19pm 01/09/09 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
10375 posts
no one really gives a s*** that you can't run linux on a ps3

really
12:23pm 01/09/09 Permalink
The Match Fixer
Brisbane, Queensland
1307 posts
I had the same dilemma but i personally ended up getting a 360 because:

1 - More games: Meaning more exclusive titles (even ones that were ps3 exclusive are coming over to 360 - e.g - Tekken).

2 - Better online service & bigger online community: Yes you pay for it but $65 for 13 months works out to be $5 a month, it's nothing. As a result you'll even find some arcade games coming out on xbox live before they do on ps3, e.g. marvel vs capcom. Also, more of my friends have a 360 so it made my choice easier.

3 - Cheaper than a ps3, but then again i ended up getting a good deal on mine with all of its accessories etc..

I actually had both at one stage but ended up selling the ps3 without even opening it (i got it free with my bravia LCD tv). Getting a console for the blueray didn't cut it for me. I'll get standalone blueray eventually when the prices come down and more movies become available, no rush.

last edited by The Match Fixer at 13:56:08 01/Sep/09
01:31pm 01/09/09 Permalink
giririsss
Brisbane, Queensland
3256 posts
and coming soon will be playTV (record TV etc, tivo esq) and movie purchases from the PS store (netflix esq). Also bravia sync, so if you got a newer bravia you can integrate it and have better remote control goodness via the hdmi.

Already confirmed by MS au is streaming HD movies and s***, so yeah, both on par again.
02:12pm 01/09/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
3896 posts
Already confirmed by MS au is streaming HD movies and s***, so yeah, both on par again.

There's nothing like PlayTV coming to the 360, as far as I'm aware.

2 - Better online service & bigger online community

Bigger community, sure, but in my experience, I haven't seen anything to suggest that Live is a better service than what Sony offers. In my opinion, they're both as s*** as one another, because playing online on consoles is typically dumbed to the point where you have next to no control over who you play against. In fact, the only console game I've played that has a regular server browser (like on PC) is Killzone 2. I don't play Halo, so I have no idea what its matchmaking is like.
02:38pm 01/09/09 Permalink
FocaL
Brisbane, Queensland
80 posts
Just something to note if you're planning on using a console for media. While codec support can be worked around, overscan can be an issue. This really only matters for subtitles mostly. Also, soft subtitles are not compatible. I also found compressed video to be lower quality through the 360 than PC - though maybe its my imagination.

If your TV has HDMI then just hook up an old PC to play media files. Most gamers would have a PC worth of parts lying around with sufficient video hardware. Would have to buy small some extras.

Advantages of lounge PC:
-full codec support
-100s of free arcade games (ROMS)
-weather and clock widgets
-usable as a wireless bridge for console
02:51pm 01/09/09 Permalink
Nathan
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
3234 posts
I have both (and a separate media centre PC before I owned either).

For me, the PS3 is a glorified Blu ray player. My gaming time is largely on the 360.
03:22pm 01/09/09 Permalink
tequila
Brisbane, Queensland
3037 posts
my ps3 hasn't been powered on in 6 months+ :(
03:29pm 01/09/09 Permalink
The Match Fixer
Brisbane, Queensland
1310 posts
so I have no idea what its matchmaking is like.
me neither but i do know what matchfixing is like
03:30pm 01/09/09 Permalink
Trin
Brisbane, Queensland
2829 posts
http://www.speeddemons.com.au/

f*** that fella.

My xbox rrod a few months ago so i took it to him. He says it would still be covered under warranty and i could send it to microsoft and get
it fixed for free, but im like i just want it back ASAP. So hes like okay i can fix it in a couple days. I turn up a couple days later, pay my
$120, get an xbox, go home, 5 mins later, RROD. Take it back to him the following day... he dodges emails and texts for the next couple weeks and 3
weeks later i get a brand new/refurbished xbox from microsoft, thanks c*******!
06:05pm 01/09/09 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
1607 posts
Sorry but its your fault for being a retard and not sending it to microsoft. if i remember correctly your warranty gets extended if you get an rrod and everything is taken care of.
06:16pm 01/09/09 Permalink
Trin
Brisbane, Queensland
2830 posts
No. He said he could fix it overnight, i'd rahter have my xbox back the next day, instead of the 3 weeks.
06:23pm 01/09/09 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
1608 posts
and void your warranty? you have a lot of disposable income. next time buy a hooker
06:27pm 01/09/09 Permalink
Trin
Brisbane, Queensland
2831 posts
oh nos $120. moron
06:30pm 01/09/09 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
445 posts
I agree with everyone who says get both. Get the Xbox and then pick up the hooker so you'll have someone to play games with.
07:00pm 01/09/09 Permalink
WreckTim
Brisbane, Queensland
435 posts
i too am trying to decide which to get. havent owned any console for awhile. really want to get one for when fifa 10 comes out. im leaning towards the ps3 but the price is the one thing putting me off.
01:52pm 03/09/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
3910 posts
Well, they're both great, so if Fifa is the main thing you care about, I'm sure you'll be happy with either console. Just look at what's been said in this thread, its pretty much all been covered.
02:06pm 03/09/09 Permalink
boba
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3413 posts
I went out to buy a ps3 slim today. dse has batman bundled and I don't want batman, and jb's only has ass creed with the bundle and wouldn't give me any other game. So I have now decided not to buy one

true story
02:07pm 03/09/09 Permalink
MoGs
Brisbane, Queensland
757 posts
Probably the PS3 for now mate ... on top of that you mentioned you were planning on getting a Wii for social gatherings ... so just to clarify PS3 for gaming/movies/music whatever and the Wii for the social entertainment ... can't go wrong either way. On top of that you don't want to go wasting the extra dosh on a console that you won't use that often (e.g. XboX360) ... that's just my two cents worth.
02:18pm 03/09/09 Permalink
pixem
Queensland
207 posts
I went out to buy a ps3 slim today. dse has batman bundled and I don't want batman, and jb's only has ass creed with the bundle and wouldn't give me any other game. So I have now decided not to buy one true story

what would you have wanted?
04:07pm 03/09/09 Permalink
boba
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3415 posts
motorstorm 2, killzone 2, uncharted, anything besides those two games. spose you could get batman and trade it
04:08pm 03/09/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8213 posts
they dont have non bundled ps3 slims?
04:11pm 03/09/09 Permalink
pixem
Queensland
208 posts
thats fair enough, I agree with you your options were poor. It's odd there aren't many bundles with any of those, especially since they are SCE titles and should make it easier to bundle.

edit: an uncharted bundle would have been a great lead in to uncharted 2.

last edited by pixem at 16:22:35 03/Sep/09
04:12pm 03/09/09 Permalink
boba
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3416 posts
they dont have non bundled ps3 slims?
they do but it's the same price so why not try and get a free game out of it.
04:17pm 03/09/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8214 posts
ahh i always thought the bundled ones were a bit more expensive.
04:19pm 03/09/09 Permalink
boba
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3417 posts
it's not a bundle as such, just some stores are chucking in a free game
04:24pm 03/09/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13552 posts
n top of that you don't want to go wasting the extra dosh on a console that you won't use that often (e.g. XboX360)

If you don't use your Xbox 360 often, then you're doing it wrong.
04:34pm 03/09/09 Permalink
CactusSupreme
Gold Coast, Queensland
24 posts
I went out to buy a ps3 slim today. dse has batman bundled and I don't want batman, and jb's only has ass creed with the bundle and wouldn't give me any other game. So I have now decided not to buy one

true story

Cool story bro
04:46pm 03/09/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
3914 posts
If you don't use your Xbox 360 often, then you're doing it wrong.

I used to use my 360 heaps, but it definitely doesn't get as much use any more, mainly because there's been a few online multiplayer games that I've wanted, so I got the PS3 versions, since a bunch of my friends now have PS3s.
07:24pm 03/09/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:24pm 03/09/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.