Techland's next parkour leap into Dying Light takes 'post-apocalyptia' to a new level as we explore...
Dying Light 2 - Renaissance Mad Max
A deep dive into the pros, cons and likelihood of the Battlefield sequel rumour that refuses to die: Bad Company 3...
The Good and Bad Company of Battlefield’s future
We've finally compiled our Top 10 Best of E3 Winners, and Runners Up - who makes the cut?
Our Top 10 Best of E3 Winners and Runners Up
Three new GPUs from NVIDIA this week with the RTX 2060 SUPER, the RTX 2070 SUPER, and the RTX 2080 SUPER. We take the first for a spin.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Review - New Name, New Power
Wii sports resort? Played it?!
xaltd
Toowoomba, Queensland
107 posts
What do you guys think? Its been a massive seller where i work, and i am thinking of getting a wii shortly so this might be on my list of add ons :)
07:24am 24/07/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:24am 24/07/09 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
25699 posts
im unhappy about new hardware being released for the wii

id rather they made games making better use of the original hardware

im going to wait and see what the take up is like before i upgrade
07:30am 24/07/09 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
7858 posts
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/16/Wii_Sports_Resort_boxart.png/250px-Wii_Sports_Resort_boxart.png

this one?

It sounds okay, but as Spooky said I'd rather see more come out for the existing hardware. I'll prolly hit up the local video shop to try it out first before forking over the bucks for it.
07:49am 24/07/09 Permalink
Minxy
Brisbane, Queensland
1170 posts
My mum bought it a little while ago but she hasn't opened it up yet. I'm visiting the olds tonight for dinner so I'll give it a crack then. Looks alright from the ads
09:26am 24/07/09 Permalink
Mr.Bumpy
Melbourne, Victoria
78 posts
I'm curious about the benefits of the Wii MotionPlus more than anything. I've probably spent more time with Wii Tennis than any other game on Wii so this will be intersting.
01:47pm 24/07/09 Permalink
Tremble
Brisbane, Queensland
43 posts
Played it last night. I was really impressed with the sword fighting, the motion was pretty much one-to-one. The ping-pong was pretty cool, it was easy to put spin on the ball with a small flick of the wrist. I think the motion+ has pretty good potential, it is pretty much what I imagined when I first heard of the motion controls.

edit: Big W has extra MotionPlus controllers for $26 at the moment. Better price than EB.

last edited by Tremble at 14:29:46 24/Jul/09
02:27pm 24/07/09 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
3656 posts
Target has Wii Sports Resort and an extra MotionPlus for $99
02:32pm 24/07/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13478 posts
Yeah, my brother is coming down here for a holiday in a couple of weeks, was going to buy it then and give it a bash. I'm really interested to see how the motion plus performs too. The Wii might actually be able to now deliver on the promises Nintendo made back when they first unveiled it.
04:50pm 24/07/09 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
6227 posts
Each controller requires the motion plus to play, but most of the games are hotseat not real multiplayer
06:11pm 24/07/09 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
9774 posts
mmhmm, the motion+ is what I thought the original was going to be like. So now it better perform.

I liked playing Tiger Woods on the Wii, all the time I was thinking, damn the motion+ would be made for golf games.
07:17pm 24/07/09 Permalink
Jabroney
Queensland
1099 posts
best way to get wii sports resort = get 2 pre-owned games from EBgames that aren't on the exclusion list at JBHFI (around $20 each). Take them to JBHIFI and trade the games for wii sports resort... bingo
02:50pm 25/07/09 Permalink
darkjedi
Brisbane, Queensland
1808 posts
What Jabroney said. Of course if you didn't do it by today, then you'll pay a touch more. I scored Resort + a 2nd Motion Plus for $67 total doing the "buy two crappy games from EB, then trade at JB". Win win.
08:04pm 25/07/09 Permalink
Minxy
Brisbane, Queensland
1171 posts
Played it at my mums yesterday. I liked the sword fighting and the frisbee but I started to try the wake boarding one and it didn't seem to react to my movements so I think I was doing it wrong :( I'll give it another bash and try some of the other games next time I'm at my olds
11:38am 26/07/09 Permalink
Raider
Brisbane, Queensland
2578 posts
so hang on let me get this right... nintendo have made something which gets better results from the motion sensor and are making you pay for it?

oh those a******* / smart bastards
04:07pm 26/07/09 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
3659 posts
Raider - The Wii MotionPlus contains a gyroscope that works with the accelerometer in the Wii Remote. Not exactly something you could give away free.
07:22pm 26/07/09 Permalink
Minxy
Brisbane, Queensland
1173 posts
Yea, it's an extra attachment that plugs into your remotes so you need to buy one for each remote that you have in order to play multiplayer - otherwise you have to take turns
08:18pm 26/07/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:18pm 26/07/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.