At the recent Six Invitational we had a chance to get nostalgic with Siege dev team members on Rainbow's history
Scoping the History of the Rainbow Six Series, with Dev Input
Capcom brings back its classic action series for the current generation of hardware. So hows does Dante and gang hold up after all these years?
Devil Mary Cry 5 Review - Stylish with a Capital SS
For the longest time I refused to finish Red Dead Redemption 2. Here's why...
After Almost 6 Months I Finally Finished Red Dead Redemption 2
US PS3 not displaying in Australia
simogoesos
Sydney, New South Wales
1 posts
Hi,

I bought a 40GB PS3 last year when i was living in the states. I had it connected via HDMI and working fine over there.

I have since moved home and brought it with me and finally just got around to plugging it in once i found out the power was a universal power supply. The unit boots up (you can see the HDD flashing etc) but i cant get any display. I tried HDMI on my friends HD TV and no luck and then tried my own TV that supports PAL/NTSC via RCA but still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas what to do here as this is very friustrating. Could it have been damaged in transport?

Thanks,
S
10:49pm 30/06/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:49pm 30/06/09 Permalink
Hyperslide
Melbourne, Victoria
199 posts
Hi,

I'm not 100% sure but I would assume that you switch your TV over to support NTSC. Your TV might support PAL and NTSC but it might require you to configure which type of display you need in the settings.

Failing that if its not working on your mates nor yours I would be contacting Sony support to get a warranty call happening.

Cheers,
Hyper
08:38am 01/07/09 Permalink
BillyHardball
Brisbane, Queensland
9348 posts
Will it have an international warranty?

I thought HDMI should work regardless of PAL/NTSC s***.
08:43am 01/07/09 Permalink
Nathan
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
3181 posts
Surely any TV with HDMI will do 60hz. Unfortunately I'd say your PS3 needs repairing.
08:48am 01/07/09 Permalink
simogoesos
Sydney, New South Wales
3 posts
Hi all i found the issue, i trhink it remembered my settings from the US and i found a post that tole me to hold my finger on the power button for 8 seconds and it resets itself, and whohoo it works now at least via RCA. I am going to take it to my friends place today and try his TV with RCA and HDMI.

Thanks
08:50am 01/07/09 Permalink
BillyHardball
Brisbane, Queensland
9350 posts
Nice work.
08:58am 01/07/09 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
9359 posts
Heh, read the OP and was going to suggest that, scrolled down and he'd answered his own question, hardball style :P
08:59am 01/07/09 Permalink
BillyHardball
Brisbane, Queensland
9351 posts
That's why I gave him props ;)
09:00am 01/07/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:00am 01/07/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.