We chat to Ubisoft's Shelley Johnson and discuss the game's fascinating and groundbreaking open-world design.
Watch Dogs Legion Interview
We dig deep to discover the appeal of the stylish guns, bullets, and bananas action game.
My Friend Pedro Review - An Appealing Action Game
As part of E3 2019 we had the chance to go hands on with DOOM Eternal and witness the evolution of the id Software's re-imagining of the iconic series.
DOOM Eternal - The id Software Shooter Perfected
We sit down with Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint producer Nouredine Abboud to talk about the latest Ghost adventure.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint Interview
Ghostbusters Game on 360?
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
4244 posts
I see this has been getting decent reviews, I know it's on a timed exclusive to PS3 but I've heard rumours the 360 version is region free, can anyone here verify that or not? as playasia shows up as not tested.
07:33pm 23/06/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:33pm 23/06/09 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
3502 posts
http://www.destructoid.com/xbox-360-version-of-ghostbusters-not-region-locked-132821.phtml
Destructoid has confirmed with Atari that the North American version of Ghostbusters for the Xbox 360, set to hit stores on June 16, will not be region locked.
07:58pm 23/06/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13414 posts
Yep, its region free, I haven't personally tested it but I've read a number of news posts/reviews/etc that say its free and Dungeon Crawl (an import games shop down here) has the imported 360 version for sale, saying that its region free.
07:59pm 23/06/09 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
6203 posts
they said on Good Game that it was region free, so it must be, but also that Atari Australia had said the 360 version will be here before end of year.
08:44pm 23/06/09 Permalink
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
4341 posts
for anyone interested I ordered this last week from a place on ebay, 360 US version shipped from the UK for AU$66 includiing postage, arrived today a week and a day after purchase, w00t! Just search for it and you'll find it
07:47pm 18/08/09 Permalink
baz
Melbourne, Victoria
14 posts
i seen ghost busters on the 360 and i think the graphics is insane
11:26pm 26/09/09 Permalink
whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
14614 posts
huh? they region lock games for xbox? wow I didn't even know it was possible. how many games are actually locked? if I buy 2nd hand games from some place should I be looking for some sort of region code?
11:47pm 26/09/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
4096 posts
Games consoles have been region locked forever. This generation of consoles was the first to not have mandatory region locking.

About 1/3 of 360 games are region locked I think. Most places that do trade-ins wont accept games that wont boot on a local console. As long as the game is PAL, you'll be fine. Most NTSC should work, but if it doesn't, there's nothing stopping you from returning the game to the store.

Someone needs to bump this thread again in about a month, just to keep the pattern going.
12:10am 27/09/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:10am 27/09/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.