We chat with some of the engineers at NVIDIA and go behind the scenes of the impressive Quake II RTX mod.
NVIDIA on Quake II RTX as the First Fully Ray-Traced Game
The city builder meets conquest series has been around for many years, and this new entry take the series back to the past to re-capture some magic.
Anno 1800 Review - Going Back to Move Forward
We sit down with Blizzard and the Hearthstone team to talk about what goes into designing a new card set and mechanics.
Talking Hearthstone and the New Rise of Shadows Expansion!
Does it hold up almost a decade after first exploding onto the scene?
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition Review
Xbox 360 Project Natal: Meet Milo
Denominator
Brisbane, Queensland
664 posts
This is pritty cool and scary that people are so bored with there life they need an emotional connection with a fictional character. To me this does not look like a game it looks like the first step towards the terminator style robot programming.

09:22am 09/06/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:22am 09/06/09 Permalink
3dee
Brisbane, Queensland
3629 posts
Peter Moulenoux (cbf spelling)... lol
09:32am 09/06/09 Permalink
mongie
Brisbane, Queensland
6412 posts
phwoar, passing the sheet of paper is pretty lool.
10:00am 09/06/09 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
13435 posts
What a great video, I can totaly belive it's not scripted!
10:19am 09/06/09 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
1060 posts
This guy is known for talking completely s*** and promising the world.

ftt
10:30am 09/06/09 Permalink
BillyHardball
Brisbane, Queensland
9170 posts
Yeh very little proof that anything special happened there. But, it woudl be fkn awesome if it worked.
10:41am 09/06/09 Permalink
Le C***
Brisbane, Queensland
5102 posts
This Natal thing looks like a pointless POS.

1) The first video where they were hitting and kicking balls - how bout you just go outside and kick a soccerball??

2) Second video where the woman was painting a picture - buy some paints and a canvass!

2) This video where you're hanging out with a computer friend - how bout you just get yourself a real friend?

This thing looks like a novelty turd if you ask me.
10:53am 09/06/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13394 posts
From Penny Arcade, so true:

Peter Molyneux has no credit with me - he must always pay in advance, cash only. I am completely impervious to him, so when he says that he's invented some kind of digital boy this firm assertion is refracted into harmless light. Illusions of the kind he proposes are tremendously fragile - it's hard enough to maintain them in raw text, without the idiosyncrasies of the nested recognition systems in play with Milo. Please understand: I love the future, and I long to live there. I want very much to simulate a cognizant digital imp. But this man has broken my heart so many times that it can no longer contain love.
12:27pm 09/06/09 Permalink
Lynx
Brisbane, Queensland
1336 posts
This Natal thing looks like a pointless POS.
1) The first video where they were hitting and kicking balls - how bout you just go outside and kick a soccerball??
2) Second video where the woman was painting a picture - buy some paints and a canvass!
2) This video where you're hanging out with a computer friend - how bout you just get yourself a real friend?
This thing looks like a novelty turd if you ask me.

They're demonstrations of the technology, so developers can start brainstorming ideas and the media can cook up a storm.
Not actual games.
(crosses fingers)
12:32pm 09/06/09 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
10652 posts

This is completely s***. What's the f*****g point...

There were no ninjas, or dragons, or ninjadragons or things getting blown up. If I wanted to talk to some a****** I'd go outside.
02:23pm 09/06/09 Permalink
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
4238 posts
how about a game where we don't have to play with little boys?
07:24pm 09/06/09 Permalink
Storm
Brisbane, Queensland
254 posts
I dunno, a game where you could play with little boys would save all those crimestoppers people lots of time - just find out who bought it then put them behind bars.
07:34pm 09/06/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
3629 posts
Peter Lolyneux.
07:51pm 09/06/09 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
329 posts
Illusions of the kind he proposes are tremendously fragile

Tycho speaks the truth, it's like Fable/Black & White all over again. The person 'conversing' with Milo believes it because they want to believe it. All it takes is for someone to step even slightly outside the bounds of the simulation for suspension of disbelief to be shattered. That's not real interactivity, it's the illusion of interactivity - the lack of meaning and substance clearly shows that they're well into uncanny valley territory.

In reality world, the conversation goes something like:
Claire: This is the first time that thousands of people are going to see this!
Milo: How does thousands of people make you feel?
Claire: Here look at my drawing of a fis**
Milo: It's orange! Does the colour orange interest you?
07:57pm 09/06/09 Permalink
whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
14045 posts
I couldn't watch the whole thing, that guy was annoying. I turned it off after about 30 seconds, did it actually get interesting at any point? I fast forwarded to half way through and seemed like it was still just him going on about some random bulls***.

This is pritty cool and scary that people are so bored with there life they need an emotional connection with a fictional character.

Seems like the sims just got a whole lot more real.
08:22pm 09/06/09 Permalink
RUSTA
Brisbane, Queensland
86 posts
In reality world, the conversation goes something like:
Claire: This is the first time that thousands of people are going to see this!
Milo: Show us ya tits

That's how it would really happen.

last edited by RUSTA at 22:50:57 09/Jun/09
10:43pm 09/06/09 Permalink
typo
Other International
6209 posts
Somebody needs to make Peter Molyneux die in a fire. Preferably screaming and crying like some sort of stuck pig.

Ignoring your straw man argument: It's a technology demo showing the quality of the system they've developed. It can recognise bodies, motion, gestures as well as, apparently, voice and facial recognition. Anything that you can do on any other interface can be done in natal.

10:57pm 09/06/09 Permalink
`ViPER`
Brisbane, Queensland
1179 posts
Yeah the kid is clearly looking the chick in the eyes, when any normal kid that age would be staring directly at her tits.
09:17am 10/06/09 Permalink
Sacred
Sydney, New South Wales
1 posts
I was going to say this wil be pointless...

But i agree with Denominator. First Step to Terminator Style Robot Programming xP
08:43pm 13/06/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:43pm 13/06/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.