A look at Stay in the Light, from one-man studio Sunside Games. Designed specifically for NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics cards.
Stay in the Light – Indie Horror Powered by Ray-Tracing
198X is endearing, and how it presents a compilation of sorts of an era is something that leaves a positive if not lasting impression.
198X Review - Coming of Age in the Arcade Era
We sit down with Blizzard to discuss the creation of its visually striking new zones – Nazjatar and Mechagon.
From Concept to Screen – World of Warcraft's Rise of Azshara
Techland's next parkour leap into Dying Light takes 'post-apocalyptia' to a new level as we explore...
Dying Light 2 - Renaissance Mad Max
Vid (SFIV) : How to Play Cammy
The GuVna
Brisbane, Queensland
866 posts
The following video probably won't interest people who aren't into Street Fighter IV, but I've been trying to find youtubes of all the best players for each character with the big Evo Tournament approaching, & this "EvilDrakeFang" guy wins hands down as the best Cammy Player I've seen, the last move he does in pretty crazy:

11:50pm 26/05/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:50pm 26/05/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
982 posts
I've played with Cammy a bit and she is indeed a great fighter. My 2nd favorite female fighter behind C.Viper. IMO shes more suited to a defense style player though but that certainly doesn't count her out as an offensive character.
12:01am 27/05/09 Permalink
MatchFixer
Brisbane, Queensland
881 posts
Nice vid Guvna. That Cammy is off the hook. Keep the SF4 vids comin. Perhaps we should create a dedicated thread for it?

Coincidentally, I just finished watching a "youtube SF4 challenge" between 2 decent players (in the US) that have been wanting to verse each other for a while and they only finished playing each other earlier today: Free1up vs DSP. First to 10 wins. Bascially free1up mains bison and seconds Ken and he isn't bad by any means but this DSP dude beat him 10 - 4 using a variety of characters, Gief, Rog, Honda you name it, but what particularly impressed me was his combos with Akuma:

I'm sure there are better Akumas out there but if you watch his other matches he's damn awesome with just about anyone. Also what's interesting is the fact that they've both recorded their challenges against each other on youtube so it was interesting listening to the different players' reactions to wins/losses. In saying that, DSP is a b**** but he's damn good.

p.s. Guess what Guvna?!?! I finally got my hands on one of these bad boys (picking it up this saturday)

http://ohflux.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/0001.jpg

It's like i'll be playing the game for the 1st time again..

I.. CAN'T.. WAIT. HIT ME, ARGHH, HIT ME!!!

last edited by MatchFixer at 00:40:19 27/May/09

last edited by MatchFixer at 00:44:34 27/May/09
12:30am 27/05/09 Permalink
maxe
Brisbane, Queensland
13834 posts
ive pretty much resigned myself to the fact that im never gonna get anywhere in this game until i have either a joystick or a keyboard

cant even finish the last couple of challenges in challenge mode for most characters :\

also do you have to buy cammy or what?

and is rolento in the game?
12:50am 27/05/09 Permalink
The GuVna
Brisbane, Queensland
867 posts
nice, where from & how much? Also what Grade are you in Champ mode, Im G2 now & getting my arse kiiiiiiicked, finding out the hard way that there are alot of Aussies on xbl that know how to play...
12:52am 27/05/09 Permalink
MatchFixer
Brisbane, Queensland
882 posts
two fity sealed in box with 12 months warranty, ebay, pickup from brisbane. Got lucky.

I think i'm still on G3A but i haven't been playing much lately. Waiting for this uni semester to finish then i'll get back into it.

ive pretty much resigned myself to the fact that im never gonna get anywhere in this game until i have either a joystick or a keyboard

Keyboard? c'mon the 360 controller aint that bad, surely. It's definitely worth upgrading to a stick though

You don't have to buy cammy. Relento ain't gonna be in it. Apparently T.Hawk and Deejay are but i don't really care much for them.

They should go for something crazy like Garuda, he cut sik.

http://www.sfgalleries.net/art/sfex/series2/garuda.jpg

last edited by MatchFixer at 01:02:34 27/May/09
12:56am 27/05/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
983 posts
also do you have to buy cammy or what

No you just finish the game with a certain character (forget which) and she unlocks although for that outfit in the video you gotta pay for it as DLC.

For some great SF4 videos you should do a youtube search for Arcade Infinity. It's an arcade in cali that records their fights and uploads a fair few of them. Most of the are tourney videos from events (a lot have commentary too which is pretty funny to listen to) they hold/have held so there are rather awesome fighters in there. I'd link it but my browser crashes when I try to use the URL insert thingy.

I was going to buy a stick but by the time I got payed they had sold out of the Hori RAP3 white sticks. Bugger. I'm getting the game Blazbue when it comes out (made by guilty gear people, videos of it on arcade infinity's youtube page) and they are bringing out what seems to be a basic Hori stick but in a blue colour scheme and pics of those fighters over it so i'll get that unless another batch of RAP3s come in. Also can't wait for the new KoF game to come out in june or whenever it is

last edited by DM at 01:07:27 27/May/09
12:57am 27/05/09 Permalink
Phooks
1400 posts
I wish i knew what was going on in these videos, they look awesome.

All I've got is SC4 and I can barely finish tower of souls on that crap :P
12:58am 27/05/09 Permalink
Phooks
1401 posts
Lol! I love in the end of the first round in OP vid how cammy completely nails the fat guy and the man in the background just casually takes a seat.

Reminds me of the sydney shooting police tackle.
01:02am 27/05/09 Permalink
MatchFixer
Brisbane, Queensland
883 posts
Also GuV that stick should be around $200 give or take. Depends how much the markup is on it.
Yeah that's what they should be at (150USD) but you'll be hard pressed to find them anywhere (in oz anyway) let alone get them for that price. Shipping will cost way to much to get them from overseas. Some places won't even bother shipping them internationally because of the high postage costs.

Though play-asia announced that they'll receive a shipment sometime during May (no idea how much they're going for), but apparently there's a big back order on them so a lot of stock will be pre-allocated. It's spastic how much they're in demand, hence the equally spastic markup in price by people all over ebay.

Having said that, for anyone that doesn't mind paying exta there's a dude on ebay (who lives in bris - morning side) selling a sealed TE arcade stick with warranty for the xbox360:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120425596416

Buy now or make an offer: $345 with pickup, $35 postage, and he's actually willing to accept offers, so you never know (he refused my offer of 250 so don't waste your time with anything lower).

last edited by MatchFixer at 01:34:55 27/May/09
01:12am 27/05/09 Permalink
MatchFixer
Brisbane, Queensland
884 posts
Maxe, beware of knock offs from honkers. That s*** caught my eye at first but if you think about you're paying $170 with shipping for a product that you have no idea about. It could pay off, but i personally doubt it. Another $100 on top and with a bit of luck you could end up with the ducks nuts, the beez kneez, Sanwa parts and all.

last edited by MatchFixer at 01:31:52 27/May/09
01:29am 27/05/09 Permalink
Martz
Brisbane, Queensland
2046 posts
heard about quality issues with the madcatz Fight Sticks, hope you don't have any... (been reading shoryuken forums).. i think most issues are with the standard edition actually..

btw the rufus player in the op is f*****g s***, just like I am at sfiv.. would be nice to see the same cammy vs someone that poses a challenge

last edited by Martz at 03:51:51 27/May/09
03:38am 27/05/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13372 posts
JB Hi-fi had another big shipment of the sticks come in, I had one pre-ordered and it came through about a month ago, but I was moving house at the time and didn't really have $240 to blow on such a decadent luxury item :( Especially since I don't really play SFIV online or in tournaments or anything anyway, just mainly play it when friends come over.

10:44am 27/05/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
3574 posts
Uuurrrgh, I've never heard this game with English voice-overs. They sound pretty s***.

But yeah, I really like Cammy too. I'm not that great with her, but then again, most of the people I get to play against (which isn't very many) are crap anyway, so it generally doesn't really matter what character I use.

I still haven't really found the need for an arcade stick. I use the analogue stick (PS3 though, not 360, don't know if that makes a difference), and I have very little issues at all. Are all of you guys with sticks people who got used to playing fighting games at the arcades? Because I never played fighting games at arcades, so it's not something that comes more naturally to me. Would I still benefit a significant amount from getting one? Though I still don't think I'd get one anyway, because I'd find it difficult to justify $100 on a controller, let alone $200+.
12:20pm 27/05/09 Permalink
maxe
Brisbane, Queensland
13836 posts
the stick isnt the main problem, i just need more buttons

at the moment ive got the 2 lights and 2 heavys assigned to the main buttons on the xbox controller, and the medimums assigned to the right shoulder/trigger

works ok cos light and heavy is what i use the most, but the big combos and focus attacks need medium and i can never get to them :\
12:23pm 27/05/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13373 posts
Wow, that looks like a piece of crap
12:44pm 27/05/09 Permalink
MatchFixer
Brisbane, Queensland
885 posts
heard about quality issues with the madcatz Fight Sticks, hope you don't have any... (been reading shoryuken forums).. i think most issues are with the standard edition actually..
Yeah the Standard Edition is the one with all the problems, TE one has very minimal issues, but that's what warranty is for.

JB Hi-fi had another big shipment of the sticks come in,
Shipment of the SE or the TE arcade sticks? i'd imagine it's the former? If that's true then i'd rather buy it through them and save $10 then off ebay.

Uuurrrgh, I've never heard this game with English voice-overs. They sound pretty s***.
Yeah can't stand the English voices, especially Ken & Rye, they sound like they're suffering from sever constipation. Though i have Balrog, Cammy, Zangief and Viper on English though, they don't sound too bad.

at the moment ive got the 2 lights and 2 heavys assigned to the main buttons on the xbox controller, and the medimums assigned to the right shoulder/trigger
Mediums attacks as triggers/buttons don't work well for me at all because i use the focus attack enough to keep them on the face of the controller. Medium attacks are also useful in connecting to special moves. I have my strong attacks as my triggers and 3P + 3K as my buttons. Because triggers are so s***, If i wanna use a strong attack i just either 3P or 3K at the expense of an EX bar. It's s*** but that's part of the reason why i'm buying a stick.

Wow, that looks like a piece of crap
That's the same knock off from honkers that Maxe posted earlier. Looks Nasty.

last edited by MatchFixer at 12:50:55 27/May/09
12:46pm 27/05/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
984 posts
This is what i'll be getting stick wise. Seems pretty much the same as the RAP3 but with different colour scheme. Either way it's by hori so it's gotta be good.

As for the SF4 voices yeah most of them are kinda bad so I keep nearly everyone as the original japanese voices except for a few such as Rufus, Ken and some others that I don't mind.
01:22pm 27/05/09 Permalink
MatchFixer
Brisbane, Queensland
887 posts
How much will that cost DM?

As far as i know, the RAP3 has the Sanwa Stick but come with hori buttons, still a very decent stick from what i've read, and at a much affordable price than the Madcatz TE one.
01:36pm 27/05/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
986 posts
I have no clue, but i'm guessing around... $130 - $160. On top of the $100 for the special edition of the game it'll be an expensive week heh.

Oh and a side note I found interesting, the special edition of Blazblue is the same price as the normal one. Strange that. usually they charge $20 - $30 more for what could generiously be called "special".
01:40pm 27/05/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13374 posts
Shipment of the SE or the TE arcade sticks? i'd imagine it's the former? If that's true then i'd rather buy it through them and save $10 then off ebay.

Nah, it was the TE, but it was only through the website, I don't think the actual stores stock them. Can't find it on their website anymore, so I guess they're not getting any more.
01:52pm 27/05/09 Permalink
maxe
Brisbane, Queensland
13837 posts
hey if i plaug my keyboard into my xbox, will it work?
02:23pm 27/05/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
3579 posts
No.
02:27pm 27/05/09 Permalink
MatchFixer
Brisbane, Queensland
888 posts
hey if i plaug my keyboard into my xbox, will it work?
It will work for things like navigating menus and sending messages just not in the actual game.
03:32pm 27/05/09 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
3726 posts
that guy was s***...

run back crouch and block, as he comes towards u attack, run back crouch and block on the other side.

what skill....
03:53pm 27/05/09 Permalink
MatchFixer
Brisbane, Queensland
890 posts
Ok i found a retail store called
gamesmen (in NSW) that have the SF4 Madcatz TE sticks going for $299 plus postage.

According to the site they'll be shipping them out in August 09 but at least it looks like you could place your preorders now.

So for those that don't mind waiting for the shipment, that might be the way to go, though i'd say they'll be selling out fast despite its somewhat exy price tag.

I also found a link to Jbhifi online store but it says both of their shipments of the TE stick that are due for June have sold out for $250 a pop, which is a shame really, because that's a decent price. Guess the price i'm getting mine for is pretty good given demand and shipping costs.

Bring on Tekken 6 already yea!

last edited by MatchFixer at 20:47:39 27/May/09
08:36pm 27/05/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
988 posts
Saw this after browsing the Arcade Infinity youtube page and thought some here would enjoy it. It's a 10 1/2 min video of a 3 vs 3 team battle they were having there in their tourney. This shows off a pretty f*****g amazing guile OCVing an entire team (One Character Victory). Even besting El Fuerte, that spastic f***, in a rather close call but huge come back.

12:13am 28/05/09 Permalink
MatchFixer
Brisbane, Queensland
894 posts
That guile is crazy.

Does the gameplay seem a lil quicker than usual? or is that because arcade gameplay is quicker than consoles..
12:39am 28/05/09 Permalink
The GuVna
Brisbane, Queensland
869 posts
I think it just seems quicker because they play it quicker :)

Cool Vid DM, v nice Guile, he's got that backhand workin well

I wish all videos had a crowd in the background "OH TURN AROUND GUILE, BAM!" haha i laughed

& to bed I go...
01:38am 28/05/09 Permalink
Martz
Brisbane, Queensland
2047 posts
Awesome video, does look faster though. Even the sound effect to fuertes spinning tornado thingy sounds diff??
07:19am 28/05/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
990 posts
Another vid from AI's page. This one has Sagat (despite this video Ironfist is a brutal sagat player) in the losers brackets of the tourney f*****g around to some great comedic effect. I loled. It's like something not even a noob would do and yet it works for so long.

This one comes with commentary and a Tiger Uppercut counter on the screen too which makes it even funnier

last edited by DM at 12:57:34 28/May/09
12:55pm 28/05/09 Permalink
Martz
Brisbane, Queensland
2049 posts
fast forward to 4:10... awesome
06:38pm 28/05/09 Permalink
^rza
Brisbane, Queensland
309 posts
It looks faster cause the videos sped up.....maybe you should go get a few frames on your coke bottle glasses you blind c****?
09:28pm 28/05/09 Permalink
Nailbomb
Melbourne, Victoria
2695 posts
Been trying to finish this C.Viper tonight to unlock Cammy but Seth is being a prick to beat. Anyone managed to unlock Akuma yet? Cammy is the last character I need to unlock before I can take a crack at it.
10:02pm 28/05/09 Permalink
^rza
Brisbane, Queensland
310 posts
If your making a post about unlocking s***, your pretty much the worst player that ever picked up a controller....sf is not your game, maybe try frogger or chess.
10:06pm 28/05/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
992 posts
Seth is being a prick to beat

For those who don't know, if you have installed the game and patched it (going online which I bet nearly all of you have) then seth bugs and acts as if he is on the hardest difficulty setting regardless of what you picked. Either delete your installation (not your saved games) or set the game to only 1 round for a win to help you beat him.

Anyone managed to unlock Akuma yet?

I've got everyone unlocked except for seth but just can't be buggered finishing the game with the characters I don't like
10:12pm 28/05/09 Permalink
Nailbomb
Melbourne, Victoria
2696 posts
your pretty much the worst player that ever picked up a controller.

Wow, what a lame attempt a baiting. Actually tonight is the first time I've played Viper, rarely get a chance to play the game much these days. Never played online, it's more about having some extra characters available when friends are around.
10:20pm 28/05/09 Permalink
^rza
Brisbane, Queensland
311 posts
Its more about you being s*** and not having all the characters unlocked is what i think you meant to say.
10:28pm 28/05/09 Permalink
FocaL
Brisbane, Queensland
44 posts
I said it before in other SF4 thread, but why the hell do all these so called pros (in the vids) keep screwing up doing the basic moves? For instance, in the 3rd video, guile jumps in the air and Ryu just blocks instead of dragon punching. Is it the D-pad? Or some kind of faint tactic?
11:31pm 28/05/09 Permalink
spoon
Brisbane, Queensland
127 posts
It's pretty easy to chip away and unlock seth, and the easiest way is just set it to the easiest setting, one round wins and just keep heavy kicking the s*** out of AI since heavy kick seems to bug them.

I bought a hori fighting stick 3 and its pretty s***, the buttons seem ok but the stick itself just feels s***.
03:54am 29/05/09 Permalink
Martz
Brisbane, Queensland
2050 posts
I said it before in other SF4 thread, but why the hell do all these so called pros (in the vids) keep screwing up doing the basic moves? For instance, in the 3rd video, guile jumps in the air and Ryu just blocks instead of dragon punching. Is it the D-pad? Or some kind of faint tactic?

they're probably using arcade sticks.. I keep f*****g up my moves on my arcade stick but I get most of them and am getting better, just takes a while getting used to as I've never played any fighting game using an arcade stick, always controllers.. but I feel that the control pad is too restrictive for sfiv and using an arcde stick is far superior when mastered... it's awesome bashing away at the stick and buttons too, none of this pussy pushing buttons on control pads...

spoon, you're comparing the stick to what?? the stick is a genuine sanwa arcade part, it can't feel s***!! maybe you're not used to the square gate??? try an octo gate..
07:47am 29/05/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:47am 29/05/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.